Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#434248 - 15/04/07 03:10 PM Best UCA's and AAL
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just trying to figure out who you think makes the best UCA's and AAL out there. I am going to do a 3" SL and I don't mind mixing. I already have AC shackles and Bilstein shocks installed. I need to get the uca and aal next. So what do you think? [drink] [drink]

#434249 - 15/04/07 03:33 PM Re: Best UCA's and AAL
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I think that SLR's UCA's are the best for a 3" lift...if looking at build quality and travel.

Deaver's 3-Pack AAL might be the best, but for AAL's, some of what's "Best" might be more dependant upon what you want them to do for you other than lift you 1.5"...so I could see other's also being the "Best" as well...except Rancho...who will be at the bottom of any list you make in that regard.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#434250 - 16/04/07 05:49 PM Re: Best UCA's and AAL
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Hey TJ,

I remember some time back some folks having issues with the SLR UCA's and their alignment???? When I had my full Calmini lift the alignment was never right so I just went away with the UCA's and shackles. Havent looked into lift parts in a while and curiosity took over.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#434251 - 17/04/07 11:28 AM Re: Best UCA's and AAL
Anonymous
Unregistered

this argument is like a Ford vs. Chevy argument.

AC, SLR, and Calmini arms all work under the same principle. For brute stregth, the Calmini arms are built differently - they're built with reinforced flat stock, not tube. The AC and SLR arms are tube. That said, they're all considerably stronger than stock upper arms and you'd have no worry of structural failure with any of them.

Alignment issues have been reported on all of them. I think this is often due to alignment shops not having any experience with an A-arm lift. Pick the arms from the company you want to do business with, and avoid single AAL's in the rear. AC and SLR both sell 3 leaf AAL systems, and Calmini's adds two leaves.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal