Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#421301 - 31/03/08 02:31 PM My Left side is .75" lower than the Right side after Alignment?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys,

I recently did a PML, and all sides were fairly even. I took it into Pepboys for an alignment, and afterwards, I noticed that the left side is lower than the right. I measured from ground to wheel fender, and indeed the left is .75" lower than the right side front and rear.

Is there an explanation for this? I don't think they touched the t-bar since the space at the bumpstop is exactly where I left it.

I am going to try to crank my left t-bar a little more, and lower my right t-bar a little to even it out.

Any input?

Thanks in advance.

#421302 - 31/03/08 02:43 PM Re: My Left side is .75" lower than the Right side after Alignment?
k_enn Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
Try measuing from the ground to the underside of the frame. (Body work is not aways identically situated from side to side.)

#421303 - 31/03/08 02:54 PM Re: My Left side is .75" lower than the Right side after Alignment?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know, but before I got the alignment I measured from ground to fender well and the car was even. I can tell standing from a distance behind the car that it leans to one side. The gap on the right side is significantly higher just by looking at it.

I'm just wondering why my car was level before the alignment, and now it is off after the alignment.

Thanks

#421304 - 31/03/08 03:39 PM Re: My Left side is .75" lower than the Right side after Alignment?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did you drive it a few miles after you finished your PML and before you measured to allow for the settling? It's possible that this happened after everything settled.

#421305 - 31/03/08 06:39 PM Re: My Left side is .75" lower than the Right side after Alignment?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is what I was thinking, I was just wondering since the front was relatively level for a week, and right after the alignment the left front sagged. I thought maybe the alignment had something to do with it.

I'll just crank the left side back up a little tomorrow. I'm installing my Bilstein Steering Stabilizer with IAB as well.

Do you think the left front pulled down the left back as well? Because the rear leafs never sagged, and I just don't know why the left rear is lower than the right rear.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal