2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#433373 - 10/07/08 10:27 PM Broken Rear Leaf
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Guys and Gals,

I wanted to know if anyone has had their broken leaf replaced at the dealership or an auto service place. I just start hearing a noise on my rear passenger tire and it seems the bottom leaf is broken. I'm currently unemployed and I'm wondering how much will the replacement be? If anyone has a guestimation, that would be fine.

Also how safe is it to drive around with a broken leaf? Is it okay to drive it down to the shop or should I try and get it towed?

Thanks in advanced

#433374 - 11/07/08 12:29 PM Re: Broken Rear Leaf
Anonymous
Unregistered

I drove on my broken leaf spring for about 8 months (normal DD)
I purchased the replacement springs new from the local Nissan dealer and replaced the shocks at the same time (front and rear) took me about 3 hours and a lot of grunting. Cost for all the parts was about 600.

My buddy is still driving on his 2003 X with a broken spring...he is still waiting for his "stimulus" check..

#433375 - 11/07/08 12:42 PM Re: Broken Rear Leaf
Anonymous
Unregistered

The safety of it depends on where its broke. If it's broke where the ubolts hold the axle on, it's not safe. If it's broken away from that point, it's less of a concern.

Do you have tools, a jack, and some jackstands?

Shop the wrecking yards and fix this yourself to save some $. The dealership will rape you with at least $200 in labor.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal