Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#439715 - 21/12/06 12:50 PM HDTV upgrade, see the before & after pics
CoppermanX Offline

Loc: Salt Lake, Utah
Click the link for the pics

http://blogs.ign.com/CoppermanX/

Also you can see the broken HDTV I recieved from amazon.

CoppermanX

Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades

#439716 - 21/12/06 07:00 PM Re: HDTV upgrade, see the before & after pics
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Yup, I own an HDTV because of my damn xbox 360. My roommate had a 50" DLP and I got used to it. He moved, had the nerve (!!) to take his TV with him and I hooked up my old set and it was unbearable....

As for Amazon, one look a their return policy to me they weren't the place to buy a large screen TV. Hopefully you will get your refund. Enjoy the set - HDTV is nice! Except now I have to search for an HD DVR - not gonna pay for a Tivo S3 - no matter how much I like Tivo. I may try out the Comcast DVR, but I'm hoping that Tivo on the Comcast DVR is coming soon...

#439717 - 22/12/06 08:23 AM Re: HDTV upgrade, see the before & after pics
CoppermanX Offline

Actually I was going to post a new topic on my blog about the evils of HDTV...

namely, that normal Tivo really sux now. My brother said, "I give you a month until you upgrade to the comcast DVR". In reality I only lasted 4 days. I was very attached to my Tivo unit, but the picture was terrible on the new HDTV. In the end we opted for change and went with the HD DVR from comcast. Yes, it is not Tivo but overall the options that it (comcast) gives you actually outweigh the old Tivo. It also gives you an incredible picture and the unit is stylish. I should tell you that it is not as easy to use, but you can get used to anything and before long becomes second nature. Also if you are still paying $12.95 for Tivo, it is note worthy that Comcast DVR is $1.00 cheaper @ $11.95 and you don't have to buy it! (new Tivo owners are now paying $19.95ish).

Anyway in the end I love my new 360 TV wink and the comcast dvr that connects to it! (the dvr can be very laggy though, but I heard that Tivo & comcast are teaming up and will do a software update to the comcast dvrs in the next year)

CoppermanX

Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades

#439718 - 22/12/06 11:33 AM Re: HDTV upgrade, see the before & after pics
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
You ain't kidding about the Comcast lag. I don't have the DVR yet but I do have the HD box with On Demand services.

You know how annoying it is to blow through half the Skinamax scene before being able to stop the fast forward and play it?!?

#439719 - 22/12/06 11:54 AM Re: HDTV upgrade, see the before & after pics
CoppermanX Offline

hahahaha [LOL]

Yeah, I am not sure what causes that. Sometimes it works really well and other times it can be non-responsive for sub 2 minutes! And of course then it wants to perform every button action you pushed thinking the remote didn't work.

Anyway to have a HD DVR for $11.95 a month is worth it. Heck I recorded Lord of the Rings RoftheK in HD last week. You can't even get this movie on a HDdvd player yet! So yeah, being able to record and watch HD movies on the dvr is great.

Moderator:  Paul H 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal