Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#446988 - 23/12/05 04:06 PM MS Media Center Edition
Claus Offline

So I finished re-building one of my PC's. I broke down and bought Xp Media Center edition and all I have to say is WOW, with the remote I now have a fully functional Music center for my 84.000 tunes, they are all sorted with Album art, this is sweet.

Today I bought the wireless adapter for my Xbox360 which is hooked up to our TV in the main living room. Setup of the Media center on this puppy took a mere 20 minutes and is fool proof. I am at the moment streaming tunes to the 6 speakers in that room, Playing tunes through the PC in the kitchen (ceiling speakers) while streaming pictures to our Sony Wega...I am hooked.

I also sneaked on-line playing Call of Duty 2 for Xbox360...i guess I have some training to do.

Merry X-mas everyone.

#446989 - 23/12/05 05:01 PM Re: MS Media Center Edition
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
I originally setup a MythTV box and compared to my buddies Media Center box, to be honest it really sucked (the MythTV setup). I was hoping for it not too, I really was, as I didn't want to shell out the dough for Media Center, but... I just finished our Media Center PC about two months ago. My wife loves it. Have it networked to my other 3 workstations for music, videos, pictures, etc. plus all the pvr etc.. Have it hooked up to my 34" flat screen via DVI. EVERYTHING works perfectly via the Media Center Remote, plus the added bonus of a computer on the TV... Battle Fronts II looks awesome.

My daughter gets the most enjoyment out of it though, as I record the entire "Peep and the Big Wide World" "Little Einsteins" and "Sesame Streets" series.....

We are being spoiled though, as we never really watch TV "real time" anymore and it sucks when your over somebody's house and can't skip FF, etc... smile

Glad you like the 360 setup Claus, can't wait to do it myself.

#446990 - 27/12/05 06:21 AM Re: MS Media Center Edition
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't have a good opinion of the Media Center edition, until I got to play around w/ my brother-in-law's computer for a bit. Now I'm hooked on it. Next version of Windows I get will be the Media Center. It's well worth the $$, IMO.

#446991 - 27/12/05 07:34 AM Re: MS Media Center Edition
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
I didn't have a good opinion of the Media Center edition, until I got to play around w/ my brother-in-law's computer for a bit. Now I'm hooked on it. Next version of Windows I get will be the Media Center. It's well worth the $$, IMO.
If you wait long enough, Windows Vista will have all the same functionality.

Moderator:  Paul H 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal