Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#443995 - 29/06/06 05:58 AM Modding a PS2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have any of you guys modded a ps2 before? I might end up getting one for free and would like to look into modding it

#443996 - 29/06/06 07:41 AM Re: Modding a PS2
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't have a PS2, but I did mod my PS1 way back around 1999 when I was in college. I assume it's pretty much the same.

It wasn't too bad. The mod chip kind of looked like a spider with five legs. You just have to carefully open the PS, and then use the diagram to solder the mod chip leads onto specific locations on the PS board. Be careful and use a chisel tip on a small soldering iron that doesn't generate too much heat.

[drink]

#443997 - 29/06/06 07:58 AM Re: Modding a PS2
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
I have several friends who've modded their PS2's... Some of them still work to this day... Other worked for several months then died... And a few got screwed off the bat...

It seems like a hit-and-miss type of mod... The initial ones had alot of wires to be soddered in (12 to be exact), but the newer versions got reduced to 7, i think...

The few who have had their PS2's modded used the 7 wire attachment BUT they had the earlier version of the PS2 (Big and bulky - not the new slim line version)...

As usual you're taking a gamble on doing any sort of mod to your PS2... But then again, their cheaper now than they were a few years ago...

Whatever you do, good luck with it...

- Air B cool

Moderator:  Paul H 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal