Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#450373 - 30/05/05 04:00 AM Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Get thier Xterra yet?

/twitch

#450374 - 30/05/05 07:06 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

nope. my dealer said that it was already built, but wouldn't be here until the end of june. i can't see how it takes a month to get a car from the plant to the dealership, but i guess that is the way it goes.

#450375 - 30/05/05 09:02 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ordered an '05 Off-Road 4X4, and it took exactly 8 weeks to get it to the dealership! Then it came with options I did not order and without options I did order. The dealer tried to get me to pay for the stuff I did not order.
I can't imagine that it could possibly take that long to change some stuff at the factory, the factory is only about 6 hours from where I ordered it at.
I am highly happy with my X but not pleased with Nissan.

#450376 - 30/05/05 09:06 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by emfc:
I ordered an '05 Off-Road 4X4, and it took exactly 8 weeks to get it to the dealership! Then it came with options I did not order and without options I did order. The dealer tried to get me to pay for the stuff I did not order.
I can't imagine that it could possibly take that long to change some stuff at the factory, the factory is only about 6 hours from where I ordered it at.
I am highly happy with my X but not pleased with Nissan.
I can almost bet you money that you didn't order the X you recieved, they probably just got on in that a salesman said matched "some" of the options you wanted so they were going to push it on you. If it ended well and you are happy that is a plus. [ThumbsUp] congrats on the 05'

#450377 - 30/05/05 09:10 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got the following E-mail from my dealer today:

Good news,

Nissan has given your new vehicle a serial number it is:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (I didn't want to post VIN here)

ETA: WEEK OF 6/10/2005

STATUS: SIT = Still in terminal (It is built, awaiting final quality
inspection and assignment to transport company)

Once it arrives, we will conduct a pre-delivery inspection (checking
fluids
etc..) and perform a NC Safety Inspection. I will contact you
reguarding
the actual delivery day so that we can give you time to arrange
financing or
allow us to finance it for you!

Congrats!!

#450378 - 30/05/05 11:19 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fantastic! I will have to check with my dealer in the morning.

#450379 - 31/05/05 08:17 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

mssw07, if you go to "Build Your Xterra" on Nissan's site, and you build to your specs, do you see a model that matches from your dealership? Same VIN?

I did with mine, and I don't see one with matching specs so I guess mine isn't ready yet.

#450380 - 31/05/05 02:50 PM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, I don't see it there...I'm not so sure that theory is correct....

#450381 - 01/06/05 09:28 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I called the 800 number last night and had a really nice lady look for my truck for 30 min or so. For some reason she could not find it with the order number. She told me I may need to get in my dealers face and that if he could not come up with a vin that she could widen my search and help me find one somewhere in the country smile

I dropped by my dealer this morning and let him know what she told me. Low and behold...by lunch I had a vin! Wraa! Still no delivery date though...he is still working on that..which is odd but at least I know the thing exists!

#450382 - 01/06/05 10:15 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

May I inquire on what number you called at Nissan? I need to verify that they are unable to order me a 6sp with the VDC. I am annoyed that many people here have mentioned tha they have them ordered. I have been trying since March to get this.

grrr... I have money to spend and I guess Nissan doesn't want it. [Spit]

#450383 - 01/06/05 10:21 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

800-647-7261
The lady I spoke with was very nice and spend 30+ min trying to hunt down my truck.

Good luck!

p.s. it said the wait time was 4 min but it actually took 30 to get someone on the line. Thank god for speakerphone.

#450384 - 02/06/05 11:43 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, I just called the number and spoke to a guy that was more clueless than anything. He said, "by looking at the sales brochure, the VDC is late availabalilty on with the manual transmission." I told him I know that, and asked when it was availabhle. He said he didn't know and aside from a Nissan exec no one there could tell me.

He said that my dealer would have more information that he would.

Oh well, looks like I have to wait until the 2006's come out. [Uh Oh !]

#450385 - 02/06/05 04:57 PM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am curious, where do you guys live that have to order Off-Road Xterras in advance? My state was down to 2 when I got mine, and I since found out they dont have many in Denver. Nissan seemed oblivious to this at Gone. You know, cant sell many off-roads, thats a " fringe group buyer" [Laughing]

#450386 - 02/06/05 07:04 PM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am in Michigan. The only OR within 500 miles was black or white, had no tow package, and the crappy stock stereo.

I wanted a red brawn with the RF stereo and the tow package. I refuse to be another black SUV driving down the road. EVERY single suv in this state if freaking black. Red brawn is hawtness. [ThumbsUp]

I got the vin # so I am assuming that means it is built and waiting to be put on a truck. I am crossing my fingers.

#450387 - 03/06/05 05:58 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

There aren't many in NY/NJ which makes sense since this is the traffic capital of the world. Not too much demand for manual trannies.

#450388 - 03/06/05 11:05 AM Re: Did anyone that ordered in april...
Anonymous
Unregistered

My dealer replied...

I have a VIN laugh laugh laugh

Won't arrive until 6/24 mad mad mad

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal