2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#469711 - 04/10/05 05:06 PM Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thought I read in a post that the fog lights for the S just snapped in, but I can't see how they would do that. Aren't screws or bolts needed to hold the lights to the brackets? There were no directions with the set I got from yournissanparts.com. Had no problem exchanging the light stalk though. Thanks for any suggestions.

#469712 - 04/10/05 06:13 PM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes they snap right in with the needed hardware. Did you get the hardware when you bought your lights?? Where did you get them from?? The following website sells the complete package with all needed hardware for $250 with the stock. Maybe you can contact them for the hardware. Your nissan parts

#469713 - 05/10/05 03:36 AM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I bought them from Your Nissan Parts. I presume the hardware in question is the larger ring that surrounds the light itself and I have that already attached when it came. If it is supposed to just snap in place and stay there, I guess I'll just have to play with it some more to find out how. Thanks for the reply.

#469714 - 05/10/05 08:03 AM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got mine yesterday from YourNissan. I will put these in this weekend.

I received a small pack of 2 bolts, 2 clips and one green clip as well, for each light.

#469715 - 05/10/05 02:40 PM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

The lights don't really just snap into the openings, there are tabs in the back and a clip that you need to put in, it takes some maneuvering. Best bet is to unscrew the mud guards from the bumper, that will give you plenty of room to attach the lights and see what you're doing. Also, the lights have a top and bottom position, that will align with the correct tabs, it's not too hard, but takes a bit of work to make sure they're in correctly and snug.

#469716 - 06/10/05 03:44 AM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you all. My problem was that yournissanparts forgot to send me the package of hardware. A quick email to them has it on its way to me. No wonder I couldn't figure out how they attached!

#469717 - 06/10/05 04:09 PM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did anyone else get 2 of the rectangular clips for each light (I only got 2 total, one for each light)? It seems like one should do it, but 2 would make this much more stable. I could see hitting a big bump and it popping off.

#469718 - 06/10/05 09:47 PM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

You only need one for each side, on one side of the light the tab slides into the existing hole in the bumper, then you use the one metal one to attach the other side. It's a little strange, but I've had mine installed for about 2 months now with no problems or movement, pretty secure units!

#469719 - 14/10/05 05:54 PM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

D Rock,
I just got a set of lights which I will install as soon as the rain lets up here in the northeast.

I was wondering, when you installed yours, did you have to completely remove the mud covers in the wheelwells or did you partially remove and pry them to the side? Seems that removing the whole guard is a PITA. I'd like to get away by just removing a couple of screws from the front of the covers to get access behind the bumper...

#469720 - 15/10/05 12:12 AM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

You only have to unscrew the two foremost screws to get access behind the fog light recesses. it's still a pain to reach up in there especially if you don't have the truck on a lift or on ramps. it helps to have some sort of light or lamp under there too.

#469721 - 15/10/05 10:18 AM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by D ROCK:
You only have to unscrew the two foremost screws to get access behind the fog light recesses. it's still a pain to reach up in there especially if you don't have the truck on a lift or on ramps. it helps to have some sort of light or lamp under there too.
Hey thanks!
I finally saw the sun this morning and decided to pop the lights in. I was able to work with just removing two screws under the fender and the two under the bumper to push the mud cover aside. Plenty of room. The biggest pain was tightening the screw into the clip to mount the lights. other that that, it took a half hour, including replcing the stalk. It suck Nissan omitted the lights from the S model but I'm glad they left the mounting holes and the wiring for them. They look pretty cool.

#469722 - 08/11/05 10:39 AM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I don't see the wirng for fogs behind the covers so I'm installing after market. Whats a good place to tap in other than the battery

#469723 - 08/11/05 11:17 AM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 05xtranut:
Well I don't see the wirng for fogs behind the covers so I'm installing after market. Whats a good place to tap in other than the battery
The wiring harness is taped above the holes. You will need to look underneath to see the taped up harness. Trust me they are there, you just need to look for them.

#469724 - 08/11/05 05:15 PM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tron is right. the cables and pigtails are tucked and taped right above the fog light locations. take a good look, get a droplight and shine it in there, you'll see them.

#469725 - 08/11/05 09:01 PM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm going to be doing this sometime soon. Does the stalk just pop out and the new one goes in ? I've read somewhere that someone says the steering wheel comes off. Is this correct ?

#469726 - 09/11/05 06:26 AM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a 3-part step-by-step in the stereo,electrical and communications forum...check it out. the guy did a great job of taking lots of pictures while he did it, too.

#469727 - 09/11/05 07:04 AM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks guys I'll go check a little closer. Id really like the stock kit. Trying to get something after market to fit/mount in there isn't easy

#469728 - 10/11/05 07:29 AM Re: Fog Light Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RedBrawnX:
I'm going to be doing this sometime soon. Does the stalk just pop out and the new one goes in ? I've read somewhere that someone says the steering wheel comes off. Is this correct ?
The steering wheel doesn't come off. The plastic cover that surrounds the part just behind the steering wheel has to come off - loosen 3 screws right underneath it and it snaps off. You unclip the old stalk, clip the new one into place and replace the plastic cover with the 3 screws. Very simple.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal