2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#474102 - 16/05/06 12:05 AM Vent Clicking Noise, Stuck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey everyone, I have an '06 S model about 1 month old.

About 2 weeks ago the module that shifts airflow from defrost to def/low to front/low to front started making a clicking sound which persists after I leave the car on or turn it off.

When I move the dial all the way to defrost it will sometimes stop the noise. But if it remains on any other setting, with or without the fan on, it begins to click (as if stuck).

I don't remember dropping anything into the vent and didn't find anything on "search" for this prob.

Anyone have this happen or know of a fix? Most likely it will end up back at the stealer since it's still under warrantee.

Thanks for the help.

#474103 - 16/05/06 05:59 AM Re: Vent Clicking Noise, Stuck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd say that it is stuck if it is constantly making noises even after you turn the truck off. Now you will hit it only when it moves from any other position to the defrost selection. Also whenever you turn your truck on it will automatically move back to the defrost setting and when you turn the truck off it will come out of the defrost setting.

Take it in to the dealer and tell them that you think that it is sticking because it makes the noise all of the time and not just when you select it to the defrost setting.

#474104 - 17/05/06 08:10 PM Re: Vent Clicking Noise, Stuck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it a strong, loud, clicking noise? or is it just a wawawawawa like a fan blade? because my X makes that noise when its on 1 or 2 for fan speed, maybe its just how it is. It doesnt really bother me though, because its just an excuse to turn the music up.

#474105 - 20/05/06 04:51 PM Re: Vent Clicking Noise, Stuck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

it happens regardless of the fan speed, it stops when the vent is set to defrost but starts when i switch to one of the other modes. i think it is the mechanism which deflects the air to the various vents. sometimes it won't switch them at all.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal