2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#459866 - 13/10/05 08:34 AM squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I have my windows halfway down I can hear anoying little squeaky noise..anyone with the same problem?? anything I can so to fix the problem??

#459867 - 13/10/05 01:59 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, have the same squeak/rattle in my drivers door. Drives me nuts!

Dealer response..."it's supposed to move or it would break" said to see if it persists the next service.

#459868 - 13/10/05 08:05 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, this has been brought up before. everyone (dealers) say that it's normal but i call bullshitte.

there is a somewhat related tsb but i can't get my dealer to "enforce" it.

i think there are lots that have this problem (i have seen plent of stuff on the frontier board too). i think they will get the point soon.

#459869 - 14/10/05 03:48 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
NSANY Offline

Loc: Scenic NJ
TSB Abstract posted below:

NTB05042

IF YOU CONFIRM There is a creak noise during window movement after the window is opened approximately a quarter of the way from the fully closed position. OR The window glass continues to move down slightly after the window button is released andmakes a creak noise. ACTION Remove the window regulator and apply Genuine Nissan Window Regulator Grease to the specific locations of the slide rail as shown in the Service Procedure. See this bulletin for further detail.

#459870 - 14/10/05 06:18 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not to hijack this tread, but in the same ball park, I have a different problem with the drivers window. When I close it, it sounds like it goes 1/10" too far and makes a loud noise like the window is going to break. Anyone else have this issue?

#459871 - 14/10/05 06:21 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep, I have the loud POP when it closes...don't like it at all.

I don't get squeaking when it's partly open, but I get squeaking when it's moving, either up or down.

#459872 - 14/10/05 07:42 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, mine makes the noise after it has closed. like it went too far then settles. it seems that if they (dealer) lube the upper track (w/ silicone or something), it goes away (for a little while). it's so dusty and dry out here, that doesn't last for long but it does help. it's like the top of the window is rough or something. or maybe the material the track is made from is the problem.

i also get a creaking in the door when i put weight on the elbow rest. doesn't matter if the door is closed or open.

#459873 - 14/10/05 09:29 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah i get the "pop" at the top and only on the front driver side window, thought it had to do with getting the windows tinted somehow because i didn't notice it before the tinting.

#459874 - 14/10/05 09:46 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

My drivers window also makes the loud "POP" when I close it and it reaches the top. frown

It does sound like it is going to break something.

#459875 - 14/10/05 11:16 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I get that too. Only started after my windows got super dusty from a recent camping trip. Figured it was due to the dust it residued. Now it does it all the time. Maybe due to the build up.

#459876 - 15/10/05 05:46 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
NSANY Offline

Loc: Scenic NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by zx12rider:
Not to hijack this tread, but in the same ball park, I have a different problem with the drivers window. When I close it, it sounds like it goes 1/10" too far and makes a loud noise like the window is going to break. Anyone else have this issue?
Ditto. I have the exact same problem. I keep meaning to look at the service manual to see how to adjust the window open/closed limits.

#459877 - 17/10/05 10:16 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

mine, if I bring it down just an inch or so will make creeking noises. What gives?

#459878 - 17/10/05 11:43 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

My drivers door also creaks when you put pressure on the armrest or if you shut the door by pulling on the door. Very annoying, the passengers does not do this. It feels as if the panels and window mechanism aren't screwed together tightly, the window also feels loose if you have them open and try to shut the door, the glass shakes.

#459879 - 17/10/05 12:08 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by D ROCK:
It feels as if the panels and window mechanism aren't screwed together tightly, the window also feels loose if you have them open and try to shut the door, the glass shakes.
Ditto here.

#459880 - 01/11/05 11:19 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

any updates on 05 sqeeky window issue? When I put my window down a bit to vent the window makes crackling, sqeeky noise. Any fix??

#459881 - 01/11/05 01:15 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the same problems with my X. My Nissan Service Technician mentioned the above bullitin and we tried the grease. This helped . . . for a little bit. In the end, replacing with a new window regulator really fixed the probem. Also, I had an issue with the air conditioning/vent "mode door". This is the door that switched the air flow from vent to floor to defrost, etc. When starting the vehicle or changing the airflow, the door would "flap" and make a tick tick tick tick tick sound. For mine, it ended up being the "mode door actuator," a small motor that needed replacing. These are the only real "problems" that I have had. I prefer to call them "annoyances." But, my dealer had no issues with just replacing the parts under warranty and taking care of me. :-)

#459882 - 01/11/05 01:54 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Same here, both front windows do it.

#459883 - 03/11/05 01:16 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

any remedy for this yet??

#459884 - 03/11/05 03:43 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Xcalibur Offline

Loc: Moss Lake, Texas
Yeah, I get the same squeeking and poping noises along with the front windshield's squeeking noise. But then I just turn off my windshield wipers and it solves the problem. laugh

Lead, follow or get the hell out of my way!!!

'01 Khaki XE-V6 4x4 3-pk
SWXC member #35

#459885 - 03/11/05 05:41 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Had the same noise here when I had crank windows...but disappeared after installing aftermarket power window kit.

#459886 - 16/01/06 07:48 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

All this time and still no fix for this? Doesn't that creeking sound drie you guys nuts. I want to take it to the delear but those guys don't know their ass from their head. So I don't want to waste my time untill there is something solid out there.

#459887 - 16/01/06 09:19 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier:
I had the same problems with my X. My Nissan Service Technician mentioned the above bullitin and we tried the grease. This helped . . . for a little bit. In the end, replacing with a new window regulator really fixed the probem. Also, I had an issue with the air conditioning/vent "mode door". This is the door that switched the air flow from vent to floor to defrost, etc. When starting the vehicle or changing the airflow, the door would "flap" and make a tick tick tick tick tick sound. For mine, it ended up being the "mode door actuator," a small motor that needed replacing. These are the only real "problems" that I have had. I prefer to call them "annoyances." But, my dealer had no issues with just replacing the parts under warranty and taking care of me. :-)
So putting in a new actuator fixed it? I've had my X in twice now, once for driver and once for passenger windows. Both times they greased the points on the track, per the bulletin, and both times it helped for a little while but they eventually started creaking again..

My windows don't pop or anything, though when I first had them service my driver side window it did appear to go in too far - it would shift in the window frame when fully closed.

Have a scheduled oil change in 700 miles, will probably have them re-grease the windows again.. Would the actuator be covered under the warranty?

#459888 - 18/01/06 07:58 AM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

My driver side window actually pops when it goes up. It sounds like it is going to break. Anyone Else?

My 04 Frontier did the same thing and it was pretty annoying.

#459889 - 10/08/06 11:11 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

my drivers side window just started doing this yesterday...what is going on???

#459890 - 11/08/06 12:43 PM Re: squeaky windows anyone??
Anonymous
Unregistered

i went in, and the dealer replaced the regulator...3 weeks now and no more creak.

they never tried the 'grease' TSB, went straight to replacing.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal