2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#462817 - 05/11/06 06:11 PM Just some strange observations about the 2nd Gen X.. Yes, I searched for this...
Anonymous
Unregistered

..and didn't find anything. After turning off the truck and taking out the key, if you wait a few seconds (after the interior lights dim) you'll see the needles for the tachonometer and speedometer go limp, then reset to their default locations. Anyone know what this is about? Some sort of recalibration?

Does anyone know if there is a posted sequence of 'shut down' tasks the truck does when you turn it off?

#462818 - 05/11/06 07:00 PM Re: Just some strange observations about the 2nd Gen X.. Yes, I searched for this...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yup it's a recalibration. It will do it every time within a couple of minutes after you turn it off.

#462819 - 10/11/06 02:59 PM Re: Just some strange observations about the 2nd Gen X.. Yes, I searched for this...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The fact that you noticed this and then questioned it is what I find pretty awesome. Pretty weird, but awesome. [ThumbsUp]

#462820 - 10/11/06 03:01 PM Re: Just some strange observations about the 2nd Gen X.. Yes, I searched for this...
Anonymous
Unregistered

quite the observationist

#462821 - 13/11/06 08:21 PM Re: Just some strange observations about the 2nd Gen X.. Yes, I searched for this...
Anonymous
Unregistered

also, if you wait about 5 mins...the truck passes gas (something to do with the vacuum system).

#462822 - 14/11/06 09:43 AM Re: Just some strange observations about the 2nd Gen X.. Yes, I searched for this...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone observed that classic automatic "dump-do" sound as they pull away for the first time?

Seems to be the classic Nissan clunk.

#462823 - 14/11/06 11:26 AM Re: Just some strange observations about the 2nd Gen X.. Yes, I searched for this...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WheelHorse:
Has anyone observed that classic automatic "dump-do" sound as they pull away for the first time?

Seems to be the classic Nissan clunk.
Does it happen after you get over 10 mph? If so then that's your ABS calibrating. Does it the first time you move the truck after starting the engine up.

#462824 - 15/11/06 09:03 AM Re: Just some strange observations about the 2nd Gen X.. Yes, I searched for this...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is that the ABS? I only have 100 or so miles on the truck and the Nissan guy told me the transmissions make that sound when we went on the test drive. I haven't even had the time to check it out of locate where it was coming from, but I did hear it once when I had the radio off.

Good to know what it is.

Thanks

#462825 - 15/11/06 01:03 PM Re: Just some strange observations about the 2nd Gen X.. Yes, I searched for this...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yup that's the ABS. Don't worry most of the people at the dealerships don't know very much about the cars that they are selling. In fact I actually had to explain to every sales person at the dealership that I bought my X what and how the locker worked on the X. [Freak]

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal