Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#463013 - 05/12/06 11:00 AM iPod interface controls
Anonymous
Unregistered

My question is to anyone who has installed the nissan ipod interface with the Rockford Fosgate system: Can you still use the ipod itself to control whats playing? The install manual makes it sound like you cannot, but its a little unclear. I don't care much for the idea of scanning through thousands of songs one at a time on my stereo's display. I searched the previous ipod interface posts and saw nothing about this subject. To anyone who's already installed the interface I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

#463014 - 05/12/06 01:46 PM Re: iPod interface controls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah i would also like to know. Where do you get the wiring? dealer?

#463015 - 06/12/06 06:16 AM Re: iPod interface controls
Anonymous
Unregistered

The wiring all comes with the interface that you can order through your dealership, or any of the nissan dealerships linked to this site.

#463016 - 06/12/06 08:02 AM Re: iPod interface controls
Anonymous
Unregistered

CT, when the i-pod is pluged into the interface, you have to control it through the head unit. This was discussed not long ago in the Stereo, Communications, and Electrical forum.

#463017 - 06/12/06 10:55 AM Re: iPod interface controls
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks

#463018 - 06/12/06 11:25 AM Re: iPod interface controls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Besides, the wire(in the glove box) where you suppose to connect the ipod is too short- which means it's impossible for you to play with it(ipod itself) while driving- u really need to use the car controls.

#463019 - 06/12/06 12:58 PM Re: iPod interface controls
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a Pioneer nav unit with Ipod controls and it is flip through each song or artist one at a time.. which is a pain if you have a 60 gig Ipod filled up. So what I did was get a mini Ipod off of e-bay real cheap like, load it up with about a dozen or so artist and I am good to go for a couple weeks before I want to mix it up again.

#463020 - 08/12/06 12:00 PM Re: iPod interface controls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well to any of you guys who want to control your ipod with the ipod itself and have it wired, the answer was in the electrical and stereo forum all along. There is an availabe adapter for the Rockford Fosgate stereo that allows you to convert you satelitte input to RCA inputs. I just ordered it, it was about 80 bucks, install looks super easy, and I will hitting myself in the head with a tack hammer for having ordered the f#$%^n 200 nissan adapter.

#463021 - 08/12/06 01:34 PM Re: iPod interface controls
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can't use your ipod .The head unit controls it . The interface allows you to do things like access playlists .You can listen to any artist's collection. So , if you have 10 "led Zep" songs , you can scroll through the artist names to "Led zep",press enter , then the songs will play in the order you have them on your ipod . You can set up types of songs and access them as well . It is a pain to figure out at first , but once you have the sequence figured out , it's great ! I have 1 group named " motown" and it plays all different artists that I grouped together . It was costly but I really enjoy my "tunes ". I heard that there were some problems with installation at dealers . One dealer told me that he did 3 and none worked . I drove 2 hours to get to a dealer that had a good reputation and it was worth the trip .If you want to try to install yourself , The install instructions can be downloaded from WWW.courtesyparts. com . Go to the xterra page , hit interior parts , then click on the interface pic . On that page is the instructions .Good luck !
D

#463022 - 12/12/06 04:13 PM Re: iPod interface controls
Anonymous
Unregistered

CTscallopR,

If the adapter you are talking about is the PAC AAIS2, I would stay away from it. See my post elsewhere.

No volume
whine from the alternator

#463023 - 13/12/06 02:09 PM Re: iPod interface controls
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am using the PAC AAI-NIS2 adapter in my 2005 X with the Rockford head unit. The alternator whine is very low and if you have the volume up there you can't even notice it. In terms of the volume I bought the Uni-POD iPod interface with the adapter and it has a small volume adjuster in order to match the volume of the rest of the stereo.

The sound quality is amazing and my friend and I were able to install everything in about 2 hours. Really simple and great quality.

Also with the Uni-POD interface you use all the controls of the iPod instead of the headunit. I did this because I could not imagine cycling through over 3000 songs with the headunit.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal