2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#461468 - 29/03/07 10:14 AM Has anybody tried these to hlep the soft rearend issue?
Anonymous
Unregistered

#461469 - 29/03/07 11:46 AM Re: Has anybody tried these to hlep the soft rearend issue?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know of anyone. IMO Add-a-leaf is the best way to go. You can get almost ANY 2.5" x 2.5' leaf and add it. I got mine from ebay. You can just go to your local srping shop and have them make one (or a set).

#461470 - 29/03/07 02:28 PM Re: Has anybody tried these to hlep the soft rearend issue?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jjrasta:
I don't know of anyone. IMO Add-a-leaf is the best way to go. You can get almost ANY 2.5" x 2.5' leaf and add it. I got mine from ebay. You can just go to your local srping shop and have them make one (or a set).
Did you end up with a lift with the added leaf because I would like to do that but do not want to lift.

#461471 - 29/03/07 05:13 PM Re: Has anybody tried these to hlep the soft rearend issue?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you look between your frame and the spring , you will see the "X" has dual bump stops. Totally remove the forward stop that hits the spring before the axle. This is a bolt on item. Then take the bump stop that is directly over the axle tube, remove them. Take one of these to you local 4wd parts store and have them find you a pair of low profile urethane pads that will bolt on in their place. You can drive around with out the stops, without causing any damage. If you should hit a speed bump or such it will hit metal to metal and be noisy. It will not do serious damage. This is how I set up the rear on my XterraRacer. If you do lots of serious off roading then you may look at doing the add-a-leaf or a new spring pack. Your stops will already be set up for more movement.

#461472 - 29/03/07 05:51 PM Re: Has anybody tried these to hlep the soft rearend issue?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I suspect the front snubber pad is like old school traction bars and alliviates wheelhop should the driver get the wheels spinning hard on high traction surfaces (street).

just shortening the main bumpstop seems to change the timing of both stops slamming the spring movement to a stop at the same time.

#461473 - 29/03/07 10:28 PM Re: Has anybody tried these to hlep the soft rearend issue?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraracer:
If you look between your frame and the spring , you will see the "X" has dual bump stops. Totally remove the forward stop that hits the spring before the axle. This is a bolt on item. Then take the bump stop that is directly over the axle tube, remove them. Take one of these to you local 4wd parts store and have them find you a pair of low profile urethane pads that will bolt on in their place...
I was wondering about this same thing, but I was concerned that the shocks would bottom out. So, I guess you're saying that the shock will not bottom if the bump stop is shortened?

Rob

#461474 - 30/03/07 02:42 PM Re: Has anybody tried these to hlep the soft rearend issue?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Factory engineers design it so that if the bump stop was missing it would not compact the shock to the point it bends mounts etc. They set up the rubber to hit proir to the shock getting fully compressed thus giving a cusion at the last part of the stroke.

#461475 - 01/04/07 08:20 PM Re: Has anybody tried these to hlep the soft rearend issue?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraracer:
Factory engineers design it so that if the bump stop was missing it would not compact the shock to the point it bends mounts etc. They set up the rubber to hit proir to the shock getting fully compressed thus giving a cusion at the last part of the stroke.
Sweet! I think I'll just remove the front stop and cut the rear ones down about half way. Although, to this point I have not had any problem with the rear bottoming out like some others have.

Rob

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal