2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#457542 - 26/09/07 07:53 PM VDC light comes on
Anonymous
Unregistered

My vdc light and slip light turn on and stay on sometimes when i start my X.I cant turn it on or off with the switch on the dash.I have to drive a while turn off the truck.Then start it and the vdc is still lit,then drive 10-15 feet then push the button on the dash and the light goes out.Has anyone had this problem,What is it or am i on my own,because eveytime its at a dealer it works fine,as always the case.

#457543 - 28/09/07 06:56 AM Re: VDC light comes on
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're not alone. It has been bitched about a lot around here. Searching should reveal a few threads, none of which amounted to any real discovery (in my opinion). Mine always seems to go out when it's wet on the roads (rain, snow, etc), but that never helps. If you find anything out please share it back...

#457544 - 28/09/07 07:24 AM Re: VDC light comes on
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just do a search...I went through this when I bought my truck. After several failed diagnostic checks, the problem eventually turned out to be the ECM wiring harness. The dealer replaced my harness, and the problem has been fixed for a year and a half now.

#457545 - 28/09/07 08:01 AM Re: VDC light comes on
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have always suspected it has been kind of government testing and cover up. Mine will be find for months and months and as soon as someone posts a bitch about it, then it acts up, along with a lot of other people on this forum. How is it they are all fine and then at about the same time they all stop working? Actually mine was fine all summer, now that it is getting cooler and heading in the monsoon season, I am suspecting it will happen again soon, like it might get water or dampness in the sensor. Just a theory but I am lean more to a government coverup

#457546 - 28/09/07 11:53 AM Re: VDC light comes on
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't tell if you mention moisture in the sensors with sarcasm or not, but from what Nissan told me, you aren't too far off. I had a faulty ECM harness, and it was faulty due to a corroded connector. I didn't ask to keep the old one (why would I want it), but they did show me the connector and it was indeed corroded.

#457547 - 28/09/07 04:08 PM Re: VDC light comes on
Anonymous
Unregistered

not sarcasm.. it is my leading theory since so many post about this topic about the same time each year.

#457548 - 07/10/07 05:33 PM Re: VDC light comes on
Anonymous
Unregistered

our 07 with 6k has done the same thing 5 times so far. I've been able to get them to clear by switching it off for 5 seconds or so. I made the complaint with the dealer last time I had it in, but nothing come of it.

Oh BTW: it hasn't rained since we bought the X. It's been driven in the rain twice, both times 4-6 miles. I don't believe it to be moisture related unless the AC is leaking on the wiring harness somewhere, or some other form of condensation is causing it....is the harness close to AC lines???

Where does the EMU harness connect? I'll CaiLube mine if I can determine the proper connector.

#457549 - 07/10/07 06:09 PM Re: VDC light comes on
Anonymous
Unregistered

With mine I get slip and VDC lights.

It never ever rains here and when I take the truck off road and do water crossings (29 last time) the thing doesn't go off. The lights go off at random times for random lengths of time and go out on their own - some times while driving, other times will shut off.

No difference in performance so I'm thinking faulty indications.

#457550 - 08/10/07 08:50 AM Re: VDC light comes on
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know when my light is on, I have no VDC or traction control (did some testing in a friends yard [Laughing] )

#457551 - 02/11/07 12:12 PM Re: VDC light comes on
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the same thing going on for a month or so. Dealer checked it out and said it was the steering sensor that was bad. They ordered the part and replaced it under warranty of course. No problems since!

#457552 - 03/11/07 07:33 PM Re: VDC light comes on
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine had the G sensor as the problem and it took about 4-5 trips to the stealership to fix it. At one point they said it was fixed and drove the truck up and when I got in my truck I saw the lights were still on and wouldn't turn off. Needless to say I cursed off the service advisor, technician, and the service manager in full view of all their customers. Told them if it wasn't fixed by the next time they hand me the keys I was starting the process for a lemon law claim. I wouldn't have been as pissed if they had just read every page of the XOC printout I gave them regarding this problem so that it would be fixed properly.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal