Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#474178 - 02/11/07 01:33 PM Timbren Bump Stop Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Helo to all, and please bear with several questions that I have, as that I am not as mechanical as a lot of you.

1) How would the timbren bumpstops if installed, have any bearing on any future work under warranty, I might have?
a) Could they blame broken springs, suspension parts, axles etc, or prematurely worn parts, on the installation of the non nissan bump stops?
b) What happens if they actually have to do any work, like replace leafs or something, and a non nissan part is there? Will they insist I take off the new stops and replace with factory original?
c) Any other problems with dealer could occur?

2) I went to timbren sight and loaded the two page instruction for the rear bump stop, as well as who carries their product
a) I called one local dealer, who says I need to come down and put a deposit on, for them to order it, and install them. What kind of price should I be looking at in the new york city area(which is always higher then rest of country).
Price for stops, and installation price.
I know it looks easy, but I wont be doing it myself.

3) Also On looking at the two page instruction, it states if vehicle has box frame, use oem fasteners. So that applies to us?
Also the second page that has timbren ses at the top, is that diagram referring to a lift kit?
I dont need a lift, just the bump stop.

Thanks for reading my many questions, and look forward to learning from you.

Much regards

#474179 - 03/11/07 06:19 AM Re: Timbren Bump Stop Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't tell you what the dealer will say as far as warranty. They shouldn't say anything at all as the Timbrens will help your rear suspension.

I also had to put a deposit before ordering mine. No big deal because I wanted them.

As for installing them, I was only under the X for about 15 - 20 min and they were on. If I remember correctly I did use the factory bolts to hold the Timbrens in place.

Here is a pic after they were installed

Sorry I can't remember how much I spent on them.

#474180 - 03/11/07 09:39 AM Re: Timbren Bump Stop Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't think the dealer would have a problem with the installation. I had an AAL done to mine and when I took it in for some other work nothing was said except that they had to charge me $23 for a new shackle because they could not remove one of the non stock shackles and had to cut it off.

#474181 - 08/11/07 06:42 PM Re: Timbren Bump Stop Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi. I just installed my timbrens on my 2007 S 4x4. Install was a breeze. here is what I did:

1) got a (i think) 19mm socket and half inch ratchet.

2) assembled rubber part of timbrens to metal bracket using 19mm socket and SHORT bolts that came in the kit since the xterras do not use one of the parts (spacers included).

3)got a 9/16" socket with ratchet and took off two bolts holding stock bump rock from drivers then passenger side

4) mounted timbrens and re-used the stock bolts since the supplied bolts do not thread into my welded nuts in the frame.

I paid 179.95 total from truckspring.com
I got them in 2 days!
I did not take the tites off or raise the suspension any. it was cake....

hope this helps... i can be emailed at varoom35@excite.com

#474182 - 08/11/07 06:44 PM Re: Timbren Bump Stop Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

meant to tell you, these things are totally worth the 179.95!!!!! can't wait to see ho it does not bottom out with a heavy load in the bakc. I tested with speed bumps and so far so great..

#474183 - 08/11/07 09:46 PM Re: Timbren Bump Stop Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

just ordered my timbren bumpstops 2 day coming in from back east, ill let you all know what the end result is on my 07 OR X...

#474184 - 09/11/07 04:59 AM Re: Timbren Bump Stop Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all your responses.
It is much appreciated.

Stay safe

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal