Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#448775 - 19/12/07 01:30 PM X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok.. the engine warms up fine but the interior will not unless the vehicle is moving. Heres the scenario.. It's -30f out, the X is plugged into the HBO (Head Bolt Outlet. Blanket on battery, oil pan, trans pan and block heater) and has been sitting outside for 8 hours or so. I go out 20 minutes before I get off work and start it up (please no carbon footprint cracks, it's what we have to do) so it has a chance to warm up and defrost the seat foam; I go out and get in and it's blowing COLD air.. I check the gauge and it's in the normal operational temp area!!! The moment I start to move the x.. it starts blowing warm air. When I get to a stop sign or light, it starts to blow cold air again!! Then, warm air as soon as I move. I have NO other problems with my X. If anyone has any ideas I ould be VERY happy to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

CHeers [drink]

Nick

#448776 - 19/12/07 02:19 PM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool Not much info, you didn't mention any of the heater controls-ie: temp control/vent choice knob/recirc or external button/fan setting--

-- [Wave] [Wave] --JIMBO

#448777 - 19/12/07 03:02 PM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check your coolant level. I had the 30k service done a couple weeks ago, coolant was almost 1/2 gallon low due to an air pocket in the motor. No heat at idle, plenty of heat when driving.

#448778 - 19/12/07 07:11 PM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Settings such as to give lots of HOT air at -30f, set to defrost and floor... fan set to hurricane (or as close as "HIGH" will put it).

I will check the coolant level; I asked some other folks around work and that seemed to be a general concensus.

Thanks

Nick (-41f now) [drink]

#448779 - 20/12/07 07:42 AM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had that happen before in other vehicles. Two causes were coolant too low or frozen coolant(not enough anti-freeze)

#448780 - 20/12/07 08:21 AM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool One more thing to check, make sure that your RECIRC BUTTON IS NOT LIT(ON)--

--this only works for A/C--Good luck--

-- [Wave] [Wave] --JIMBO

#448781 - 24/12/07 12:11 AM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

you have to bleed your whole system!! take it to the dealership and tell them and they will do it!! mine was doing the same thing and that's what they told me ... and it's covered too!!! your only getting warm or hot air when your X is moveing but not at idle right??

#448782 - 22/01/08 07:22 AM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm posting to push this issue back up to see what others have to say about it.

We bought our 07 OR X in September and thought (since we bought it) it was just a quirk that it took so long to warm up the interior. Well, it's been pretty cold lately and we realized that there must be something more to the problem, which is what brought me to this forum.

Anyway, I brought it in yesterday and they told me that there is a "T" connector that is leaking coolant and that is what is causing the air in the system which leads to the lack of heat.

This dissapoints me greatly considering it's brand new. I was also a bit alarmed to see that virtually all of the Nissans getting fixed at the dealership were Xs. The only one I saw paperwork on was oil/lube, but still.....I'm hoping it's not an indication of future problems.

I'm curious to hear if others have had this problem as well, if they got the same fix and if the problem ever returned.

Thanks!
Carol

#448783 - 22/01/08 02:06 PM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Wanderlustre:
I'm posting to push this issue back up to see what others have to say about it.

We bought our 07 OR X in September and thought (since we bought it) it was just a quirk that it took so long to warm up the interior. Well, it's been pretty cold lately and we realized that there must be something more to the problem, which is what brought me to this forum.

Anyway, I brought it in yesterday and they told me that there is a "T" connector that is leaking coolant and that is what is causing the air in the system which leads to the lack of heat.

This dissapoints me greatly considering it's brand new. I was also a bit alarmed to see that virtually all of the Nissans getting fixed at the dealership were Xs. The only one I saw paperwork on was oil/lube, but still.....I'm hoping it's not an indication of future problems.

I'm curious to hear if others have had this problem as well, if they got the same fix and if the problem ever returned.

Thanks!
Carol
I've had no trouble from my x at all. My heater runs hot as the hinges of hell after the engine warms up.

#448784 - 22/01/08 03:32 PM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool Yea, my '06 has always been right on the money, no problems--

--Good luck--JIMBO

#448785 - 22/01/08 07:07 PM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I could let mine idle in the driveway for an hour and it would still blow cold air.
It supposed to be done tomorrow....meanwhile, I'm driving a Versa - quite a difference!

#448786 - 23/01/08 10:38 AM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the same problem (cold air when stopped). Turns out that my coolant was SLIGHTLY low. Once I topped it off, the heat works perfectly.

#448787 - 30/01/08 05:58 AM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have '06 SE 4x4 with the exact same symptoms. A couple months back I heard a sloshing noise coming from front passenger side of vehicle. Nissan told me there was air that had gotten in the system and they had to bleed the radiator. Anyways, I've started hearing the sloshing noise again, and my air is now only warm when I'm driving, and then blows cool when idle, so I get the feeling it is all related.

I'm taking the X in again tomorrow, so I'll report what I hear. They bled the radiator for free last time, probably b/c the air got in there when I had the 30K service.

And I wouldn't worry about the X as a vehicle. The grass is rarely greener with another make and model.

#448788 - 31/01/08 02:30 PM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The note I got back from the dealership said that the a T connector wasn't sealed properly, whcih is where the air was getting pulled in. I'm thinking this is pretty common based on what I have heard here and on other forums....perhaps it is the faulty seal that causes the extreme sensitivity to coolant levels too. considering it was an issue from the day we drove it off the lot, I have believe it was more than just a slightly off coolant level.

Anyway, heat works GREAT now.

#448789 - 15/02/08 08:09 AM Re: X won't warm up!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, these are pretty good and reliable trucks....compared to other brands like Jeep they are way more reliable.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal