Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#454733 - 18/02/08 12:02 PM 08 X-(4x4)s Upgrade Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whats going on everyone.
Just got a baby girl and traded my Scion TC in for an 08 X. Couple of questions though.

1)Anyone know how to wire the wireing harness for the 08 so i can replace the head unit?

2)Does anyone know how well the aftermarket headlamps and tail lamps look on this truck? If you got pics that would be great. I found the above mentioned lamps on ebay and look really nice.

3)and what from 05-07 doesnt fit into an 08 or are they all the same truck?

#454734 - 20/02/08 09:31 AM Re: 08 X-(4x4)s Upgrade Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can get a wiring harness from crutchfield, or pretty much any local audio shop, to install an aftermarket stereo. Just make sure to bring your stereo so they can match it up as it seems the plugs have changed from 07. I ended up using a maxima harness for both stereo and antenna (yeah, it requires one too).

#454735 - 26/02/08 10:37 AM Re: 08 X-(4x4)s Upgrade Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is a simple off-the-shelf replacement, there is a harness that Crutchfield can get you or any local stereo shop as described. I replaced mine with an Apline. The speakers if you have a standard S or X model suck too, but that is much more work and more $$ to upgrade but worth it. I went for MBQuartz and added an Apline Amp, now it sounds awesome.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal