2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#448822 - 02/03/08 03:05 PM Bug Deflector II install on X05?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I never had a bug deflector on my X05. Boy do I regret this. I had rock hits on the front of my hood, and they started to rust. I recently had my hood repainted due to an accident, and felt this the best time to put one on.

I searched for a recommended BD on this site, and I came up with the AVS Bug Deflector II. Well I just got it and I'm confused. I thought it was a no drill. Or at least it picked up existing holes under the hood. When I lined up the BG II it was no where near existing holes. The instructions do not specifically talk about the X. Anyone have a BD II, and how did you install it?

#448823 - 03/03/08 12:45 AM Re: Bug Deflector II install on X05?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i had mine aprox 2 years now,not sure what brand it is. if you can wait untill tomorrow night i will take photos of how its installed. you should have some double stick tape and some small screws. they lined up the deflector and traced with a pencil where they drilled the screw holes. it does seem a little confusing but once you see the photos it will make it clear.

#448824 - 03/03/08 05:26 PM Re: Bug Deflector II install on X05?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks.

I think it does stick first, and then requires using the self-tapping screws into the hood. I just get scared every time you have to modify the X.

#448825 - 03/03/08 07:44 PM Re: Bug Deflector II install on X05?
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
I have the one I ordered from Nissan. Underneath the hood there are two plastic threaded nylon inserts that fit into existing slots that you screw into. No holes to drill.

On the ends of the hood you put the clear tape that the metal brackets with attached nuts slide onto and grab the hood and you screw into those nuts and thus no holes in the hood from the topside either.

#448826 - 07/03/08 06:03 PM Re: Bug Deflector II install on X05?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got one from Nissan, just like "dezurtrat".

Went on easy and no holes to drill.

#448827 - 09/03/08 07:20 AM Re: Bug Deflector II install on X05?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by silver05:
I've got one from Nissan, just like "dezurtrat".

Went on easy and no holes to drill.
I also use the Nissan one. The doublesided tape at the ends isnt really necessary if you dont want to stick tape to the hood for the clips. The 2 screws in the middle work just fine for holding it.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal