Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#457726 - 25/02/05 08:38 AM anyone have an ETA on MT
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know what the ETA is suppose to be on the MT??

Has anyone here been previe to a test drive of an MT?? If so comments vs. the AT.

#457727 - 25/02/05 08:41 AM Re: anyone have an ETA on MT
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know that the dealership here in Columbia, SC has one MT for sale. I didn't try it because I was to preoccupied by a Night Armor AT.

#457728 - 25/02/05 09:07 AM Re: anyone have an ETA on MT
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check all the local dealers. Before I bought mine (auto tranny) I found two of them (mannuals) in the local dealers.

#457729 - 25/02/05 09:17 AM Re: anyone have an ETA on MT
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
The first one I drove on Feb. 17th was a MT. I was very impressed with the power band and would say that it felt more aggressive than the AT. I really liked 2nd gear...

But I am partial to AT because of the offroad control and feel, so I will go AT again. If I did not offroad much, then yes MT would be the way to go.

I did drive an AT the next day and totally love it, but that's what I had and what I will order. AT OR 4x4... Moab here we come!

#457730 - 25/02/05 09:36 AM Re: anyone have an ETA on MT
Anonymous
Unregistered

MT or AT...I'm really on the fence with this one. I've been driving an Mazda M6 MT for the last couple of years and I've grown a little bit tired of rowing the gears.

But I NO doubt will test drive the X with MT before deciding.

#457731 - 25/02/05 09:38 AM Re: anyone have an ETA on MT
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought a black M/T about a week ago. I called Nissan and person I talked to gave me some dealer prices on the down low. Using the prices he gave me I got the dealer to admit he was getting an $800.00 holdback on S models. There are alot of M/T's for sale in Arkansas.

#457732 - 25/02/05 09:39 AM Re: anyone have an ETA on MT
Anonymous
Unregistered

By the way, I love the 2005 M/T. The power is there in the low gears and the RPM's are not in the high gears.

#457733 - 25/02/05 10:18 AM Re: anyone have an ETA on MT
Anonymous
Unregistered

I test drove a Silver 4X4 S with a manual tranny in it. It was very responsive and I like it, but I would never buy one. It just didn't feel right for that type of vehicle. It has a very short throw, like you would expect to find in the Z or some other sportscar. In that environment it is perfect. My problem is that it doesn't feel right in a capable off-road vehicle. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer a 2 foot long stick that travels about a foot from the top of the pattern to the bottom. It just "feels" more rugged. I know that's stupid, but that was just my opinion. I personally have only driven a standard in very limited off-road situations, so I can't really imagine how well/poorly it might be in more aggressive off-road situations.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal