Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#464369 - 02/02/05 08:05 PM What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does it seem funny to anyone else that the Off-road version of the new xterra only comes with blue seats? Their researchers must have determined that ALL people who go off-roading and camping like to be 'radical'? I'm surprised they don't offer the other options that are offered in the Frontier NISMO.

Well .... they're the marketing geniuses .... I'm just some guy who likes to fish and sit in the mountains (apprantly .. I also like blue seats... who knew?)javascript:void(0)

Sigi

#464370 - 02/02/05 08:19 PM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, Nissan offered the SpecV Sentra with only the red seats for the first year. After that, you got a couple of other choices. After a bit, they'll do the same with the X's.

#464371 - 02/02/05 08:31 PM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't like em either. Some folks here have stated that persons not liking the blue seats should buy seat covers and still get all the other offroad mojo that the package has under its belt. I will decide when I see it in person. God I hope they approve my financing.

#464372 - 02/02/05 08:44 PM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you want it bad enough akp, you'll get it. I just got an '05 Frontier. If I can, I'm sure most can.

#464373 - 03/02/05 12:11 AM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I'm one of those people that happens to think that the blue seats are kind of cool. I'm tired of seeing so many cars and trucks with the same tan or grey interiors. I know that they do that to please the masses, but if they didn't take a chance once in a while, progress would suffer. Just think what the folks at Daimler-Chrysler were weighing when the SRT folks told them they wanted to build the fastest production front wheel drive car in the world, and base it off of a Neon platform. Quite a leap of faith, but it worked out for them...I know apples and oranges, but the concepts are similar; either way, I like the seats.

#464374 - 03/02/05 08:26 AM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

BLUE is a color that is always associated with nature, freshness and outdoors... the blue sky, the blue ocean... same reason why most bottled water companies choose blue for the bottle color or logo color...

that is probably why they went with blue...

#464375 - 03/02/05 09:50 AM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If your just looking at the inside interior then the blue is not so bad, but put it with a yellow, granite or red exterior, then it looks plain awful. (Similar to the SE model interiors with the green weave-yuck!)
I know the less options they have help keep costs in line, but they could offer at least the other seats being offered in the S or SE model for 05.
People want choice. It is like going to the frozen pizza section and all you can find is pepperoni or sausage. Where's the ham or chicken! wink

#464376 - 03/02/05 11:58 AM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by boognight:
BLUE is a color that is always associated with nature, freshness and outdoors... the blue sky, the blue ocean... same reason why most bottled water companies choose blue for the bottle color or logo color...

that is probably why they went with blue...
There are many beautiful color combos in nature.... the peacok tail.... the rainbow .... a myriad of brightly colored aquatic animals ....the backside of a baboon .... etc ..etc .. the thing is.. color affects psychology ... color combinations can be even more potent ... when people have to be subjected to the same color combo day in and day out it is very important that it affects them in a positive way ... color is like sound or music .... everybody is affected differently .. to only provide a single choice is risky marketing ... the blue/grey combo is not something I could enjoy.... For everyday use people tend to go neutral .. bold color combos are like getting into your car and listening to your favorite heavy metal tune 'every single day'... We all love 'Crazy Train' or 'The Immigrant Song'.... but everyday...?

#464377 - 06/02/05 12:43 PM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK I am sold on the OR in spite of the blue seats. Somebody posted a link to Wet Okole in another thread and it sold me on the seat cover solution. These are great looking seat covers and you can get whatever color combination you want. They even have graphics to choose from.

I also had no idea that Nissan has a factory seat cover that is allot like the Wet Okole stuff, but doesn't look quite as nice, IMHO. I'll proably have them put a set of the factory covers on my bill till I can get me some of the Wet Okole stuff. Those are schweet cool

#464378 - 06/03/05 08:10 PM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just went and saw the blue seats in person. I have to say I was disappointed. The OR is a great package, but those blue seats are just not my cup of tea. It is not just the blue color, it is the reversal of the smooth and bumpy frabric. The normal (S,SE) have most of the seat being smooth fabric, with the edges being the bumpy knit type. However, the SE is just the opposite, gives the seat a really rough dimpled look. Again, just a matter of personal perference I guess, but more choice won't hurt.

#464379 - 07/03/05 06:50 AM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have yet to see the blue seat, except for a small view in the brochure.

Would one describe them as bright blue, or more of a blue/grey??

#464380 - 07/03/05 09:29 AM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, they are not bright blue at all. Blue/Gray - umm not to my eyes. More like slightly faded blue jeans blue. I like them obviously because I bought it, but its just purely personal. Seems like Nissan would let you choose though.

[Huh?]

#464381 - 07/03/05 09:43 AM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeX:
Well, they are not bright blue at all. Blue/Gray - umm not to my eyes. More like slightly faded blue jeans blue. I like them obviously because I bought it, but its just purely personal. Seems like Nissan would let you choose though.

[Huh?]
Well good I like the faded blue jean look. Should be OK with white exterior, and I’ll have to see on the other colors.

What I don't like about most standard grey/beige fabric, those that have the make me gag abstract designs. I would prefer simply basic solid colors.

#464382 - 07/03/05 09:53 AM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

As "cloth" seats go, I really like the blue,dark grey seat design. I'm getting tired of standard cloth seats on cars, and think these are a nice change. Especially because they're patterned with the dark grey/black sections.

I do understand though how someone might not like them in the yellow or granite cars. In the silver and in the white ORs the seats look great though (imo).

It would be nice if they offered a different color combo option to people on ORs.

#464383 - 07/03/05 11:32 AM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by snowstorm:
I just went and saw the blue seats in person. I have to say I was disappointed. The OR is a great package, but those blue seats are just not my cup of tea. It is not just the blue color, it is the reversal of the smooth and bumpy frabric. The normal (S,SE) have most of the seat being smooth fabric, with the edges being the bumpy knit type. However, the SE is just the opposite, gives the seat a really rough dimpled look. Again, just a matter of personal perference I guess, but more choice won't hurt.
I'm wondering if the bumpy fabric would allow a little more air-flow, thus maybe be a bit cooler during the hotter months ??? Sort of like perforated leather.

#464384 - 07/03/05 11:58 AM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got an SE and was dissappointed that I did not have the option of Blue Seats (although I have not seen them in person so I am not sure). I assume that the seats would be relatively easy to swap between an OR and SE if you had someone with each willing to switch. Anybody know?

#464385 - 07/03/05 03:29 PM Re: What about those blue seats?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
It is like going to the frozen pizza section and all you can find is pepperoni or sausage. Where's the ham or chicken! wink
TESTIFY!

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal