Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#471088 - 30/10/05 01:21 PM Got my first door ding
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im so mad I got my first door ding in a gas station parking lot today. I saw the vehicle park next to mine and of course the guy driving this peice parks so close I know whats going to happen and it did some little kid swings the door open as fast as he can and I get a door ding. I wrote down the licence plate and vehicle description the owner of the vehicle did not get out he was arguing with someone on his cell phone. Does anyone know if I could have his insurance company pay for it? My insurance company's closed today. And has anyone had this happen to them if so what did you do.

#471089 - 30/10/05 01:25 PM Re: Got my first door ding
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd take it off-roading for a day. You'll forget about the ding, it will be too dirty to see the ding, and, if you really have fun, the dent's you recieve will mask the ding. laugh

Seriously, depending on what it is, many dings can be massaged out of the sheet metal by someone who knows what they are doing in a half hour of work.

Good luck! wink

#471090 - 30/10/05 02:21 PM Re: Got my first door ding
Anonymous
Unregistered

The insurance will cover it. However, you still probably will have to pay the deductable. You're deductable may be $250 or $500. I think it's actually cheaper than that to fix. You might want to check out Dent Wizard .

#471091 - 30/10/05 02:38 PM Re: Got my first door ding
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh for sure it will be cheaper to fix without the insurance. I know a lot of shops here (decent shops) that charge $200 for a single panel to fix, no matter how many dings it has; $200 fixed rate.

#471092 - 31/10/05 07:19 AM Re: Got my first door ding
Anonymous
Unregistered

You might have to file a police report first. This gives the insurance company something to work with when going after him.

But I'd contact your insurance company first to see how they want to handle it.

#471093 - 31/10/05 07:37 AM Re: Got my first door ding
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd have flipped and kicked a big fricken dent of my own into his door. Some bitch slammed her shopping cart into my car once as I was walking towards the car with a shopping cart of my own. So I returned the favor, she flipped and asked why I did that for, so I pointed to the dent that she made and asked if she wanted to fix it. Of course she told me where to shove it and got in her car and drove off, but it made me feel much better! smile

#471094 - 31/10/05 11:30 AM Re: Got my first door ding
Anonymous
Unregistered

Beleive me I would have probably done the same if he didnt have such a peice of junk explorer. I know it will only cost me $60 dollars to have dent pro pull it their is no damage to the paint luckily but still pisses me off just thinking about it and of course my local insurance company is closed for halloween.

#471095 - 31/10/05 11:33 AM Re: Got my first door ding
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your insurance company closes of Halloween?

#471096 - 31/10/05 07:39 PM Re: Got my first door ding
Anonymous
Unregistered

what kind of warranty did you get? i bought mine today and got the Gold Plan or whatever that nissan gives. mine has a portion that allows unlimited ding or dent repairs for life of the warranty as long as they dont require paint work. i also upgraded to 6 year 100,000 mile.

#471097 - 31/10/05 08:03 PM Re: Got my first door ding
Lightning Offline

Loc: High Point, NC
I'm a little confused Mudxxx... you saw it happen. Then stood right next to him. Took down his information. But you never said a word to him????
1. Now the only way you can find out the owners name and insurance company is to file a police report and go from there.
2. How do you prove now that his vehicle caused the door ding? You could have wrote down any licence plate and description that you saw in traffic. You have absolutely no leg to stand on.

You really didn't say anything to him??? You could have just asked him for his insurance information right there, or discussed how you could handle it out of insurance. I just don't understand.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal