Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#471964 - 20/09/05 07:19 PM Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Double D Offline

Loc: Casa Grande, AZ
I'm intereted if anyone has pictures of a 2005 X with an aftermarket grille guards. If anyone has pictures please post them. I'm specifically interested a WAAG Grille Guard if any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

#471965 - 20/09/05 07:37 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are gonna catch some shit for wanting one of these because everyone knows they can do more damage than good, but I think they look good.

[img]http://store1.yimg.com/I/xccessory_1860_14651866[/img]

This is a dealership here in town (PHX. area). This brand is Aries

#471966 - 21/11/05 08:01 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know this post is old, but I am getting a new X sometime this week and havent found any pics of '05+ w/ grill guards or taillight guards. Theres gotta be someone w/ them since AC has them on their website. If anyone has pics or links, could you please post them. I'm debating whether to order it or leave the frontend as it is. BTW, I'm a noob to this site, but have had 2 Pathfinders in the past. My first was a '93 and my 2nd was a '98. I'm sure yall will hear alot more from me once I find the X I want.

#471967 - 21/11/05 08:16 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Grill Guards exist, but, because they are merely cosmetic, and have been causing more damage in collisions than they prevent, and, they ruin the approach angle when off road, essentially, we don't get them. (A few exceptions, but most are converting from earlier mistakes, etc...)

Instead of cosmetic grill guards, we like real steel bumpers...as these give actual protection, as opposed to the "mall crawler" look.

For around the same money you'd spend on a decently made guard, you could get a Shrockworks bumper

www.shrockworks.com

The site may not reflect it, but they sell 2005 versions (Pics in Manufacturers Row section)

Good Luck!

laugh

PS - Ditch the aluminum step rails too, they get bent when you go off road too...and you can't jack from them....and get steel sliders instead.

PPS - same for the mud flaps....

eek

Seriously - do all of the above, and your X is ready for the dirt!

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#471968 - 22/11/05 01:34 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why is it everytime someone asks a question like this someone else jumps in with "we" don't use those "we" get this. The guy is asking if there are any pics of a grillguard not what does the shockworks bumper look like!

#471969 - 22/11/05 02:00 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

People do it so people don't go and make a purchase that they will regret. People think grill guards actually protect the front end, when infact they do not.

#471970 - 22/11/05 02:53 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
People do it so people don't go and make a purchase that they will regret. People think grill guards actually protect the front end, when infact they do not.
I dont have one myself. But actually dude, I think most people buy them cause they think they look good. I don't think it's anybody's job on this board to "save" these people from there own taste. I doubt the gazillion manufacturers of grill guards that exist sell 'em because they are ineffective pieces of junk, but probably cause they know people will buy them for whatever reason they might have.

#471971 - 22/11/05 03:07 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If your "taste" is to make your mall crawler "look" like an off-road machine, then so be it. But if you buy a grill guard and expect it to protect anything, then they people that speakout about them save those people from wasted money.

#471972 - 22/11/05 03:36 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
If your "taste" is to make your mall crawler "look" like an off-road machine, then so be it. But if you buy a grill guard and expect it to protect anything, then they people that speakout about them save those people from wasted money.
right on bro [ThumbsUp]

#471973 - 22/11/05 06:35 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

People want it, then let people buy it. Those of us that know better will go our own way.

#471974 - 22/11/05 06:38 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a white one with the OEM grill guard on the local dealership lot. If I have time I will stop by and take a pic of it tommorrow and email it to you since I dont know how to post it.

#471975 - 04/12/05 07:52 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok I like the look of them on some angles, but wouldnt buy one personally bc I know its just mainly cosmetic. But just to "close" this topic...I found out where you could buy one if you want. Just cant find pricing though.

Can be viewed and bought here, Just click Products/then "euroguards" and then make of Nissan…. just pick the Xterra with no year since that is the 05+ one.

http://www.bigcountryauto.com

See instruction manual here for the 05 X, they show a better pic at the bottom as well.
http://www.bigcountryauto.com/manuales/50155-i.pdf

#471976 - 04/12/05 08:04 PM Re: Anyone with an aftermarket Grille Guard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just another update:

Talk about approach angles getting killed if you have this thing off road. *crrunnnchhh*

Just something to reiterate "its more for looks" since Im sure you loose a few inches on the approach angle.

But if you ever need to push disabled cars out of the way ala cop car style, it might work!

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal