Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#451056 - 23/01/06 03:09 PM Rear "Child Safe" Window Crap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know if it is possible to make it so the rear windows will go down all of the way instead of stopping halfway down? My brother has a '05 Pathfinder and his go all the way down. What the hell is that about? I thought the Pathfinder was the soccer mobile....

-Travis

#451057 - 23/01/06 03:26 PM Re: Rear "Child Safe" Window Crap
Anonymous
Unregistered

The door on the X is shorter, I don't think the window regulator goes down far enough because the glass would run into the wheel opening space.

interesting that it goes down on the new pathy, i bet it is the width of the door.

#451058 - 23/01/06 04:26 PM Re: Rear "Child Safe" Window Crap
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think it's a "child safe" feature (that's what the lockout button is for), but it's just a part of physics. No physical room for the window to go. wink

#451059 - 23/01/06 04:48 PM Re: Rear "Child Safe" Window Crap
FinallyAnXer Offline

Loc: Bradford, PA
The Pathfinder's rear passenger door also has a two piece window.

There is a fixed piece... and the part that moves. The rear (fixed piece) makes the moving piece smaller, but, allows it to roll all the way down. Because the doors follow the contour of the wheel well, there would not be room for the entire windo to roll down.

Not sure if my explanation makes any sense at all, but this picture, (not the best at work) shows the trim that seperates the windows:

#451060 - 25/01/06 08:34 AM Re: Rear "Child Safe" Window Crap
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess sleepyt23 was asleep when the truck was purchased and didnt noticed this. Wait when sleepyt23 wakes up and finds out the rear window doesnt open laugh

#451061 - 25/01/06 09:09 AM Re: Rear "Child Safe" Window Crap
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't care, I never sit back there. My passengers are lucky they even get doors. Could remind them that they used to sit in the back of my wrangler with the seat removed.

#451062 - 25/01/06 09:26 AM Re: Rear "Child Safe" Window Crap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mike100:
I don't care, I never sit back there. My passengers are lucky they even get doors.
I'll drink to that [drink]

#451063 - 28/01/06 10:15 PM Re: Rear "Child Safe" Window Crap
Anonymous
Unregistered

They're child safety windows, but the other guy is right, that's what the window lock feature is for so I don't know why the hell manufacturers even bother making windows that don't go down all the way. I've inspected just about every vehicle made, almost everything has the back passenger windows that don't go down all the way...regardless of door size etc. I think it's a stupid feature and I wonder if manufacturers have gotten the hint yet of how redundant it is and don't do it anymore.

Just me ranting again on the stupid things that vehicle manufacturers do.

B.

#451064 - 30/01/06 06:55 AM Re: Rear "Child Safe" Window Crap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Look at the shape of the rear doors. The rear windows are taller than the front ones due to the raised roof. Not a child safety feature, just lack of space for the window to retract. Also take note that the skin on the outside of the door is longer than the inside of the door.

Take a look at the rear doors on my previous 2000 Nissan Crew Cab:

The windows would roll down fully. But the doors were a different shape. Even that truck had the LATCH safety points, mechanical door safety locks, and electric window lockouts... just like the new Xterra.

So while we enjoy the large rear windows, that asthetic feature limits its function.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal