Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#471347 - 06/08/06 04:20 PM Proud to be an X owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is really just an observation. I just went to Sedona, Arizona and noticed a TON of next gen X's on the road. I almost flew back to NC to bring mine up. There were TONS of trails and ended up getting one of the pink jeep tours, not really enjoying it because I KNEW my X could do the exact same thing. Another thing I noticed was there were NO Offroad versions, just the S. I mean I probably saw about 200 X's and not 1 Offroad version. One other observation, I only saw one FJ. Makes me feel like people really aren't taking to the new FJ, considering the X is about 8K cheaper with the same features. Sorry to ramble on, just wanted to say thank goodness for the Xterra and it's loyal fans!!!!

#471348 - 07/08/06 08:36 AM Re: Proud to be an X owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wonder if it's just my area but I see tuns of Gen 1 Xterra's on the road, but very few Gen 2's. I see more FJ's than 2nd Gen X's now days. FJ's are just about as common now as H3's. Think the yuppies are trading them in for the FJ's en masse.

#471349 - 07/08/06 03:00 PM Re: Proud to be an X owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea I still think that the bodystyle of the new FJ is a fad (remember the pt cruiser and the new beetle?)

#471350 - 08/08/06 09:59 AM Re: Proud to be an X owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

FJs are spreading like wildfire here too. They were released some time ago but I saw few on the roads. I spend over 2 hours on the road each day and see my share of vehicles. Now they are springing up left and right. New Gen X's are in abundance as well. Most of the X drivers are women, at least that I see.

I try to wave at times if I catch them looking at my truck (and possibly wondering "what the hell is that metal thing up front and at the bottom of the doors") but they just try to look straight forward and floor the gas from the stop light. ...Like I look like some kind of a sexual predator or something about to rape them...

#471351 - 09/08/06 09:24 PM Re: Proud to be an X owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AHTOXA:
New Gen X's are in abundance as well. Most of the X drivers are women, at least that I see.

I try to wave at times if I catch them looking at my truck (and possibly wondering "what the hell is that metal thing up front and at the bottom of the doors") but they just try to look straight forward and floor the gas from the stop light. ...Like I look like some kind of a sexual predator or something about to rape them...
Yeah, I caught a guy staring at me driving my OR the other day and had the exact same thought. Was he a sexual predator, or he just thought it was wierd that a woman might actually enjoy driving an OR! A dealer tried to convince me after the fact that I would like a Murano better, I told him NO WAY! A Murano is just a station wagon- been there done that, I like my XTerra!!!

#471352 - 09/08/06 09:30 PM Re: Proud to be an X owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

I saw 3 FJ's today so they are starting to get out there. One of them was the base steel wheel model and he already had a winch bumper on it.

I'm surprised that they don't try to make more OR models. I parked next to an S new gen xterra today and it looked short since it wasn't on 265's.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal