2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#452687 - 11/08/06 07:03 PM Bully Bar?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can anyone recommend a bully bar for my 05 X OR? I want to mount some extra lights for driving in crappy weather, but I do not want to add a roof-mounted light bar.

I did a search and I see Manik has a product, but it looks a bit overkill. Maybe someone has a suggestion as to how to mount lights without a bar?

Thanks

#452688 - 11/08/06 08:38 PM Re: Bully Bar?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check THIS OUT . I am thinking about getting it. Looks sweet.

#452689 - 11/08/06 08:39 PM Re: Bully Bar?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The bar has holes predrilled for lights.

#452690 - 11/08/06 09:08 PM Re: Bully Bar?
Anonymous
Unregistered

not to barge-in on your section of the forum....but i dont see anywhere in the add where it says pre-drilled for lights (and it says "Exterra")....i have pretty much the exact samething for my car and you cant put lights on it.

anyway i've seen this so much on this site where guys want to buy or bull bar or grill guard....people come along and tell them to get a shrocks or something....as i have also heard, it's your money...
smile

#452691 - 12/08/06 04:40 PM Re: Bully Bar?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys. No need for Shrocks for me...all I want to do is mount some lights.

#452692 - 12/08/06 10:37 PM Re: Bully Bar?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That E-bay bar is actually pretty good. I picked up one 6 months back and very happy with it. I've got a black one (black truck), they do come with holes for lights with larger holes directly below for tightening your bolts on the lights.
It clears the stock plate mount perfectly. The only thing I wish I couild change is to have the holes a bit closer to the middle to fit bigger lights. With current holes you can't fit lights larger that 5" in diameter. But I guess you can always drill more holes. Being a city prowler my truck is not particularly effected by decreasing approach angle and this bar is doing a good job pushing those stray garbage cans, pedestrians and those pesky little electic hybrids out of of my way driving around Boston.
Just make sure you tighten you mounting bolts as much as you can so it stays in place and watch your bolts! The ones going in the frame have different threads than the ones used on the brakets. Don't put the wrong ones in the frame. Check them all on the supplied nuts first, the ones the fit the nuts are your bracket bolts. The other 4 is for your frame. Good luck!

#452693 - 12/08/06 11:05 PM Re: Bully Bar?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by CSH SE/SC:
not to barge-in on your section of the forum....but i dont see anywhere in the add where it says pre-drilled for lights (and it says "Exterra")....i have pretty much the exact samething for my car and you cant put lights on it.

anyway i've seen this so much on this site where guys want to buy or bull bar or grill guard....people come along and tell them to get a shrocks or something....as i have also heard, it's your money...
smile
I know that these are pre-drilled, these are nicer bull bars. I personally could care less about the holes because I'm not going to put lights on it. Here's another pic of one.

#452694 - 13/08/06 12:32 PM Re: Bully Bar?
Anonymous
Unregistered

touche... laugh

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal