2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#472223 - 10/03/07 07:10 AM What broke on the front end of XterraRacer...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Here are some pics of the internal implosion on the front end...to discuss, ask questions, make comments, or learn more as Dave disects what happened please visit the forums at: Team Xterra Racing

#472224 - 10/03/07 10:09 AM Re: What broke on the front end of XterraRacer...
Anonymous
Unregistered

First a couple of axle issues and now the dreaded diff/side gear explosion. Have you been able to complete a race yet this season in 4wd?

This truck needs the titan front end- the only thing that bums me out about these models over other trucks

#472225 - 10/03/07 10:14 AM Re: What broke on the front end of XterraRacer...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by mike100:
First a couple of axle issues and now the dreaded diff/side gear explosion. Have you been able to complete a race yet this season in 4wd?

This truck needs the titan front end- the only thing that bums me out about these models over other trucks
Given that there has only been one race so far this season...no, no finishes as of yet...What is the difference between the Titan front and the Xterra front end?

#472226 - 20/03/07 08:09 AM Re: What broke on the front end of XterraRacer...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The exact same thing happened to my xterra, its at the dealership right now getting the front diff and cv joints replaced. The spider gears blew right out the front of the differential. I have 42k on mine and it is only used as my daily driver, not the baja. I sure hope this isnt going to be and ongoing problem or i will sell the thing like yesterday.

#472227 - 20/03/07 12:52 PM Re: What broke on the front end of XterraRacer...
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you don't wheel, what were you doing when you blew the diff? It's semi common problem. Mine went last year and a member of the local club just got his back from the dealer last week or so from a blown front diff. We however wheel ours.

BTW, I see you are in Johnstown...you ever check out www.westpaxterraclub.com?

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal