Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#478675 - 09/07/06 10:23 AM Kinda long introduction.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey whats going on? I'm not new to forum's, just new to this forum. I am happy I did find this site.

Anywho on January 14th of 2006 I bought my 2005 Xterra S 4x4. I loved the way the truck drove immediately. In the beginning, I bought it (traded in a Pontiac Grand Am GT I owned) because I own another car (hence the Username) a 1991 Chevy Beretta GT that is my track car and I bought the X with intentions to tow my Beretta to the racetrack.

Well, Thats what her purpose was. However, i noticed that i was very happy with it's acceleration and torque power. I'm now interested in starting to modify the truck.

THe first 2 weeks of owning my X, i put 3000 miles on her, I had an oil change done before 3000 miles (at the 1000 mile mark, just how i work).

I am regretting using anything but Nissan Factory Oil filters. The OE one was removed for a K&N oil filter (nothing but the best for my car's) and I'm going back to Nissan Filters immediately, it seems the K&N filters, do not have an anti-drainback valve in them and it causes the startup to almost knock. I've taken it to the dealer, they said "it doesn't happen" Every weekend i Drive my beretta around town instead of the xterra (better on gas, sometimes a little more fun to drive) and on monday morning when it's time to drive off to work (a whole wopping 3 miles from home) i start her up and she knocks like an SOB. until the oil primes that is. I've left it at the dealer for 3 weeks already, they've probably started it every day.

Anywho, the first week of owning it, i Drove up to Maine on one tank of gas (gotta love the 21.5 gallon fuel tank), and than came home to find that my little sister's friend, got into a car accident in Virginia and had no way home and needs the car to come with her. She's ok. Anywho, i drove down there, and towed her ass home in one day. Might i add it was a 2000lb pound trailer, and probably definitely a 4500 lb car. (1970 Plymouth duster volare) The truck, took it like a man, and hasn't once given me trouble. I bought the truck because for it's price it has the highest towing capacity in it's class. Also because it gets better gas mileage than my Grand AM GT did.

Long story short. After the second oil change. I took the truck to the local race track to see what she had in it. The torque off the line needs to be fixed but I'm assuming thats because of the DOHC... She pulled a 2.4 second 60 footer and a fastest ET of 15.632 @ 87.71 mph. Very respectable for a truck. Considering when i bought the beretta with it's stock motor and ran a 16.5, i was very happy.

Just saying hi basically, you'll see lots of me i make lots of posts lol. (i know how to search too)

#478676 - 09/07/06 10:29 AM Re: Kinda long introduction.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome [Wave]

My first car was an '88 Beretta GT. Now I am a Rotary geek. laugh

#478677 - 09/07/06 12:07 PM Re: Kinda long introduction.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] Welcome [Wave]

#478678 - 09/07/06 12:12 PM Re: Kinda long introduction.
Anonymous
Unregistered

right on rob, welcome aboard.
and please only race your Xterra at the track, thanks.
smile

#478679 - 09/07/06 12:54 PM Re: Kinda long introduction.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
right on rob, welcome aboard.
and please only race your Xterra at the track, thanks.
smile
Thats where i raced it wink

I found the timeslip... here ya go.

#478680 - 09/07/06 07:26 PM Re: Kinda long introduction.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal