2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#481920 - 07/02/08 04:45 PM Another Noob To Another Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I just picked up an 04 Xterra because they have always looked cool and nothing else I own gets decent mileage. I also have an H2 Hummer, Cadillac Esclade & a Camaro SS H/C and belong to LS1tech.com & Hummerforums.com & cadillacforums.com, our local car club is cheaters-inc.com. I will post pics of the xterra hopefully tomorrow. It was completely stock but I already slapped a bunch of stuff on it. It needed new tires bad I just wish I had waited & researched buying some better wheels & bigger tires. So what needs replacing on these babies at 65k miles?

http://www.myspace.com/davidssz28

#481921 - 07/02/08 10:13 PM Re: Another Noob To Another Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well If you plan on lifting your Xterra your gas mileage will be right around your hummer's so... Buying the X for its gas mileage is pointless. But your right, they look cool and so does your Caddy. Welcome [Wave]

#481922 - 08/02/08 07:27 AM Re: Another Noob To Another Forum
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
[Wave]

#481923 - 08/02/08 07:56 AM Re: Another Noob To Another Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think I will not lift it, maybe increase the tire size & wheels but we shall see.

#481924 - 08/02/08 02:32 PM Re: Another Noob To Another Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by popocamaro1:
Well I just picked up an 04 Xterra because they have always looked cool and nothing else I own gets decent mileage.
Haha, I love how the X is your 'good gas mileage' vehicle...soo ironic. It's very "glass half-full" if you will.

Welcome to the site, nice fleet of vehicles you got there [ThumbsUp]

#481925 - 08/02/08 03:36 PM Re: Another Noob To Another Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah pretty bad, this is the first non 8 cylinder vehicle I own. I actually think its awesome how it only takes $40 to fill up and I can go almost 2 weeks. The H2 is usually once a week and takes about $85, the Escalade is about $85 and is good for about a week and a half. The Camaro is unknown its more for the track and not fun for daily driving. Thanks for the props. Glad to have joined.

#481926 - 13/02/08 11:44 PM Re: Another Noob To Another Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

$40 to fill? how cheap is gas there, it take me at least $50 USD (filling up in WA) or more depending how long i've had the light on and lasts maybe a week with short city driving.

#481927 - 14/02/08 06:04 AM Re: Another Noob To Another Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

welcome to da club...you have a nice rides
first I would get rid of the bumper bar and a winch bumper from Shrockworks, ARB, or TJM. then get a 3" suspension lift from AC www.4x4parts.com then slap some 31's or 32's

#481928 - 14/02/08 10:04 AM Re: Another Noob To Another Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome to XOC.

If you are going to offroad the X, then yes the brushguard and steprails should be replaced with an offroad bumper and some rock sliders. Shrockworks and Calmini make some good aftermarket offroad parts.

Changing the tires is a good thing as well. Scrapping the passenger tires (p-metric) and replacing them with truck tires (LT) would be a good idea. Many of us run an All-Terrain tire, and some of us run Mud-Terrain tires. Those of us with extra cash have a set of both.

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal