2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#481412 - 03/03/08 06:42 AM Hello from NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello everyone!!
I bought my (first) Xterra last week. It's an '01 4x4 with 5spd w/ 76k. The more I look at it, the more I love it. It's a plain jane but it's my first truck with a CD Player so it's a big step up for me!! I just traded in a '94 Suburban 1500 4x4 that was just killing me with gas and I finally threw in the towel, NO REGRETS THOUGH! The Xterras are the sweetest looking trucks around and I've already been scoping out some of your parts for sale. I look forward to getting to know you guys and share my "X-periences" with you all!
Later,
Ray

#481413 - 03/03/08 07:21 AM Re: Hello from NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome.

Congrats on your purchase. You won't be disappointed. My Xterra has served me well.

It's pretty cool to see Denville on a profile. I was born at St. Claire's and spent the first 22 years of my life in Morris County.

Any chance I can borrow your X for ECXC? (jk) There's gonna be some good fights there. :p

#481414 - 03/03/08 07:30 AM Re: Hello from NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

We moved to Denville when I turned 5- that was 45 yrs ago! I live in the same house although we've put several additions onto it.
What's this ECXC all about ??? - someone say competition??

#481415 - 03/03/08 02:22 PM Re: Hello from NJ
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Welcome aboard [Wave]

And check it out for yourself.. wink

www.ecxc.com

#481416 - 14/03/08 05:26 PM Re: Hello from NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome to the Club

I'm just down the road a little from you in Union.

You'll have a blast at ECXC. It was my first time last year and won't ever miss one again.

They have Stock runs as well as Modified runs and everything in between.

A great bunch of people as well

See you around NJ

DaveP

#481417 - 25/03/08 09:46 PM Re: Hello from NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was grandfathered a First Gen X. my parents bought it when i was hmm 11 I would say. Now its mine. I am looking for some insight on some stepps in how to mod it out, like waht to do first type deals. LEt alone pool the cash to get it all done, and find a good set of guys to help me. Please help my little truck breath a second breath of fresh air

#481418 - 26/03/08 03:58 PM Re: Hello from NJ
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Where are you located?

The mods you are considering depend on what you want to do with the truck.

First thing I did to update my truck was remove the step rails and mudflaps. Then I upgraded the tires and added Bilstien shocks. Those two things made a world of difference in how the truck drives.

Next thing I got was the aftermarket steprails (we call them sliders) because I planned on doing some rock crawling and did not want the rocker panels bashed in. After that you can plan on purchasing skid plates to protect the undercarriage of your truck.

If you get more involved in offroading, you can upgrade to aftermarket bumpers front and/or rear. Those cost $$$$ though.

My truck currently has 32" tires on OE wheels, a PML (Poor Man's Lift), sliders, and some skid plates. It is my daily driver.

S.

#481419 - 26/03/08 08:31 PM Re: Hello from NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live in Dumont, Its near closter, bergenfield, new milford area. Well haha first off i gotta repair my truck. I sorta got into a accident in a snow storm. So now the score is Snow Storm 1- ME 0 { a grand in the hole ). But i guess i wnna make sure my truck can do it first. I gotta find someone that can tell if my truck can handle it and then go from there. I guess i would like to be a weekend warrior and htne once i get more of a taste of it do more of course.

#481420 - 27/03/08 03:42 PM Re: Hello from NJ
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
There are a few owners left in North Jersey. Chech out here, Xterrafirma, and NJAX websites for more info.

S.

#481421 - 02/04/08 09:36 AM Re: Hello from NJ
ripcurl2151 Offline

Loc: NJ
nice to see a few more xterra owners from jersey. i think we need to try for another mod day again since it's getting nicer out. i think there are a couple people who need to get some work done.

manray - 76k miles isn't bad at all. i've got 91k on mine and haven't had any problems yet besides for what i've done offroading.

soul - with you're year, you'll need a PML to get 32" tires to fit and tires should be your first upgrade most people will say. you can order this http://www.purenissan.com/heavy_duty_shackles.htm for the PML (do a search in suspension for more info). if you plan on offroading at all, i would get the sliders next. they are a little pricey though so start saving now

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal