Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#479569 - 12/03/08 08:44 PM Hello from NM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all,

I just picked up an 06 black 4x2 S from Carmax last night and thus far I am thrilled with it. Moved up from a '91 Maxima, so it is a pretty big step for me.

The X has just under 18000 miles on it, but I also picked up an extended warranty so I am covered bumper to bumper till 77,000 miles. Everything for just over $20,000. Did I do ok?

The decision came down to the 06 or a new 07 SE 4x4(last one on the lot with 167 miles) that I THINK I could of got for about $23,000, but I didn't really think the 4wd drive and a rockford fosgate system was worth the extra. Not planning on off-roading. Plus it was white. Blech.

I have 4 days left to return it, so if anyone thinks I got screwed please speak up. Otherwise I'm happy to be here smile

Now I just need an in-dash nav system and an mp3 player hook-up and I am good to go.

Drew
NM

#479570 - 13/03/08 12:21 AM Re: Hello from NM
Anonymous
Unregistered

seems that you did ok, kelly blue book retail shows 20,900. Its a good price and low miles. enjoy it and remember there is always someone that will tell you there is a better deal somewhere else. but when it comes down to it, buying it from carmax gives you peace of mind then through a private person or a mom and pop used car lot. enjoy your truck.

#479571 - 13/03/08 03:40 AM Re: Hello from NM
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Welcome to XOC and congrats on your new ride.

Price-wise, you'll generally do ok at Carmax since they advertise their prices as under blue book value. Please don't take offense at what I say next, but going on the fact you asked whether you "did ok", didn't you research prices online before buying? If not, thank Carmax for their fixed price policy 'cause you might have gotten a real good hosing elsewhere. With the research tools available these days, there are no excuses for getting screwed by a car dealer. Have to do your homework.

Good choice on the extended warranty. Carmax would have you believe their vehicles are as good as, say a manufacturer's certified used car. Not always. My daughter bought a Pontiac (domestic vehicle, first mistake) at a Carmax in Houston last year. It had been transferred from another Carmax and after the thing basically started falling apart a couple weeks later, they admitted that somehow neither Carmax store had done the required inspection or any repairs. Under threat of a lawsuit they've replaced the engine (yes, the freakin' ENGINE, it was that bad) and numerous other failed components.

An aberration? Maybe, and at least it didn't take legal action to get them to repair the POS they sold, but while I used to be a big Carmax fan, caveat emptor is now my advice for those considering Carmax.

Again, welcome, and use the search feature freely. Just about any information you could ever want about your Xterra is on XOC somewhere. And rule 1 for newbs, no new threads asking about/bitching about mileage, OK? laugh

#479572 - 13/03/08 07:05 AM Re: Hello from NM
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
[Wave]

#479573 - 13/03/08 09:44 AM Re: Hello from NM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
Welcome to XOC and congrats on your new ride.

Price-wise, you'll generally do ok at Carmax since they advertise their prices as under blue book value. Please don't take offense at what I say next, but going on the fact you asked whether you "did ok", didn't you research prices online before buying?
No offense at all. I knew I did ok based on KBB and Edmunds, but I've never been one to think that they are the end all be all of price guides. I always prefer to have the opinions of people who have actually bought them. So I guess my question was: Did I do ok relative to what other people here have paid?

Thanks for the welcome smile

I just wish the mods had approved my registration sooner so I could have asked about which one I should have gone with. But I am happy with my choice.

#479574 - 13/03/08 06:16 PM Re: Hello from NM
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
[Wave]

Welcome to the club.

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal