Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#486111 - 06/05/08 12:42 PM New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey everyone! I a first time xterra owner and have loved every minute with my vehicle. I have been absolutely fascinated with them since the fist time i really noticed it about 4 years ago. I always wanted an xterra to be my first car but was some how sucked into the sports car culture. Well after wrecking my second eclipse i decided i was going to find dealer willing to take my eclipse for an x. I have since been a proud owner of a 2002 khaki xterra se s/c 5 speed and cant imagine owning any other vehicle. I am looking to put a 3" calmini s/l, calmini steering system and some other things. I sure i will be relying on the members of this website for alot of advice so thanks in advance :-)

#486112 - 06/05/08 06:25 PM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome fellow southerner!

There is going to be an open-invite run by the NOAS at Coal Creek ORP on June 7th and 8th. You should really go and check it out. It is an awesome park and plenty to do even if you're bonestock.

#486113 - 06/05/08 08:26 PM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the southern hospitality smile i have heard alot about windrock but have never been. I plan to go to royal blue this weekend to try to get my feet wet a little bit. Have you ever been there?

#486114 - 07/05/08 05:42 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Haven't heard of that one. Where is it located?

Windrock is great. It has plenty of trails to keep even a bonestock rig busy all day. My first trip there, I was stock and put nearly 50 miles on it over 8 hours on trails.

Definitely look into going in June to the open-run. You don't have to be a NOAS member to participate. All you have to have is a Nissan. Lots of good guys and some really awesome rigs too.

#486115 - 07/05/08 07:01 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its in pioneer tn. I have been asking all my friends about it and they say its great. I will def have to try to make it to wind rock in June I might be in Pittsburg though. But I will take lots of pics and let u know how royal blue is this Saturday. So like I said I have a stock se s/c 5 speed got any pointers for a first timer on the trails?

#486116 - 07/05/08 07:15 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just pick good lines and know your clearances. The oil pan is unprotected but it's a solid tank. I've got a fist sized dent in mine from a rock practically right on the drain plug and it has no leaks at all. The fuel tank is protected by a lightweight skid but it's not much to bank on. Outside of that, let it roll man.

I can't make it to Windrock/Coal Creek myself for that NOAS run. I'm going to be in NYC that whole week. I was really hoping to make it too.

#486117 - 07/05/08 07:46 AM Re: New From Tn
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Welcome aboard!! [Wave]

#486118 - 07/05/08 09:44 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#486119 - 07/05/08 10:04 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks alot man I will watchout for my oil pan. Really looking forward to this weekend. I cant wait to get a feel for what my x can do

#486120 - 07/05/08 02:16 PM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

FYI drake, royal blue is north and east of CC. You went to the carryville flats with us, didn't you? and then north where that big hunter field was that we hiked up to? we turned around just after that as we saw the sign that said "royal blue property, permit required"

jdubbau02, come on out to the CC run with NOAS (noas4x4.com) and meet a bunch of cool people. I'll be there anyhow. laugh

Me and a couple of my buds are planning on doing a pre-noas run at CC as well with a couple of newbs that are wanting to try out some easier trails... I think maybe around May 17, but not 100% sure yet. If you need any help with mods on your X, I don't mind lending a hand (or shop space if you're cramped there)... I'm about an hour south west of you in the Spring City area.

#486121 - 07/05/08 03:10 PM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

OH yeah... I forgot about that. I guess I just assumed it was all CC property.

The 17th looks good for me as the schedule goes. Still got an annoying "clunk" I can't diagnose to save my life but everything is working fine. I was going to pick up my M/T's next week but I've been talking to Andrew (Frontier2K1) and I'm probably going to pick up a set of sliders from him just like the ones he did for Johnny's X.

Just shoot me a message bro and I'm there!

#486122 - 07/05/08 06:38 PM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by tuff:
FYI drake, royal blue is north and east of CC. You went to the carryville flats with us, didn't you? and then north where that big hunter field was that we hiked up to? we turned around just after that as we saw the sign that said "royal blue property, permit required"

jdubbau02, come on out to the CC run with NOAS (noas4x4.com) and meet a bunch of cool people. I'll be there anyhow. laugh

Me and a couple of my buds are planning on doing a pre-noas run at CC as well with a couple of newbs that are wanting to try out some easier trails... I think maybe around May 17, but not 100% sure yet. If you need any help with mods on your X, I don't mind lending a hand (or shop space if you're cramped there)... I'm about an hour south west of you in the Spring City area.
Sounds great i will definately be able to make it on the 17th looking forward to meeting everyone. I know that it blows you have to pay to get into royal blue the one day permit is $30 i i believe and well my g/f want to go there because its an actually park. so anyways i guess ill be shelling out the money.

#486123 - 07/05/08 07:44 PM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Who else you got comin'? Andy? What are they driving?

#486124 - 08/05/08 05:11 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

andy in his hardbody
andy's bro in his extended cab hardbody
and a pal in a 4runner

#486125 - 08/05/08 06:50 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

date confirmed... May 17th. Meet up at the coal creek trail head around 0830-0900.

#486126 - 08/05/08 12:18 PM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

awesome looking forward to meeting some people that like a a vehicle thats not a tuner

#486127 - 08/05/08 02:51 PM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome! I will see you guys there! Doesn't look like I will have my M/T's by then but I'm hoping to get my cb and some other knick knacks taken care of this weekend.

Oh and I'll carry my 2-ways in case someone doesn't have comms.

#486128 - 12/05/08 10:01 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

dangit, mods didn't go so well this weekend... waiting on some new carrier bearings from nissan. frown I'm hoping to have my X all put back together this weekend, but if not we're still going and I'll ride shotgun with someone.

#486129 - 12/05/08 11:49 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
dangit, mods didn't go so well this weekend... waiting on some new carrier bearings from nissan. frown I'm hoping to have my X all put back together this weekend, but if not we're still going and I'll ride shotgun with someone.
sorry to here about your x and hey if its not ready you said you would just ride shotgun. well you can ride with me cause this will be my first time getting on the trails so im sure ill need some pointers

#486130 - 12/05/08 04:28 PM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn that sux. What were you doing to your X?

I took mine out yesterday and tested everything out to make sure I didn't have any quirks. So far so good.

I've got some goodies coming to me this week but the best one I'm waiting for may not make it in time.

You need to get your rig up and running otherwise you'll be our full-time dedicated spotter/camera guy. [LOL]

#486131 - 13/05/08 05:38 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was attempting to install a rear air locker. The old bearings musta been welded on to the carrier or something. [LOL]

Supposedly I've got 160$ worth of bearings being overnighted to a chattanooga nissan this morning... I got all of the air system run last night, switch and all, so it's just waiting for the differential to go back in.

#486132 - 13/05/08 06:06 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kick ass... just remember you've got some lowly open diffs that will be following you around. hahaha

Well I was getting ready to order some Interco M/T's but a check I was waiting on didn't arrive so I've got 5 Cragars with no tires now. Hoping to have my cb installed this afternoon or by Thursday at the latest (weather and work pending).

#486133 - 13/05/08 08:07 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

hehe, I might find a play spot here or there to test it out, but I don't plan on doing any serious wheeling. Would hate to break something before the NOAS run. laugh

Anyhow, just got a call from nissan, my bearings arrive - I'm gonna slide outta work now and get crackin' on it.

#486134 - 13/05/08 09:46 AM Re: New From Tn
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah that's pretty much what I've done. My X is a bit different since you've seen it. The b'guard is history and I've repainted everything except the body. I was really hoping to get my tires but oh well.

See ya this weekend!

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal