Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#483672 - 14/05/08 08:40 PM Coming In And Saying Hi!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello all! I just signed up. I'm from Niagara Falls (area), Canada. This past weekend I just bough tbut have yet to picked (should be this weekend) a 2003 Xterra SE. It's the supercharged model with the manual 5-speed, man they're hard to find in manual. Only 73'000kms. Basically it came down to either that or a 05+ TRD Tacoma, but I perfer the size of the Xterra, as well alot more aftermarket and potential I find. Plus, it being cheaper means I can afford to put more money into it smile

It's actually my second vehicle I have ever owned. My first is a 1992 Mazda Mx-3 GS. Had her for over 6 years now. Not much left stock, 2.5L KLZE swap amungst many other things; part show car, part race car. Unfortunately something happened and she's not running right. We did some work on her in November and pulling out of the garage the throttle cable got stuck and bounced off the rev limiter several times, not sure if that's related cause she was good for 2 days, enough to get me to Toronto and back to win a 1st place trophy at a show smile I'm thinking valve retainers are cracked/broken but my mechanic said maybe its electrical, need to do more test. I used to work in the states up until almost a month ago so I haven't had much oppertunity to work on her, but being home, I need a vehicle. I could easilly of just swapped in another motor, even my parents are more than willing to let me use their vehicles, but I'd perfer to have my own, especially come winter, the Mx-3 is affraid of the snow, lol. But with no rush to get her running, she's getting a complete motor rebuild with some upgrades.

Anyway, enough of my Mx-3. I can't wait to pick up the Xterra and have some fun. Got a short list of stuff to do, hehe. Even browsed around to see what else is out there. First thing I'm going to do is take out the stock Rockford Fosgate system and put in my Pioneer 7800BT that I picked up last year to use in the work van. I actually wasn't impressed with that system, I was especting alot better (I really like the OEM system in my parents 02 Escape). I think I read it has 8 speakers in that system? Going to be tricky to wire those up, think I may need a few amps...but I'll have to search around, see what other's have done. I used to have a CB radio about 4 years ago in the mx-3, I kept it cause I know I'd use it in the future (I've wanted a truck actually before I got the Mx-3, ironicly), as well as put in a CarPC (i have one in the Mx-3 since months after I bought her).

Sometime in the near future I'd like to get a trailer for the Mx-3, make things easy for shows (especially out of season ones) and races (in case something breaks), but speaking of which, I know that the auto's can tow 5000lbs, while the manual tows only 3500. That should be enough, but really, what is the reason for that? As well, I read that the supercharged models are detuned on the manuals for the gearbox's sake, is the manual gearbox a weak link in these trucks?

Well I'll quit babbling (ya, my post can be quite lenghty)and post up some pics

And my Mx-3

#483673 - 14/05/08 09:30 PM Re: Coming In And Saying Hi!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another fellow canuck! WELCOME!

Yeah, you're right the 5 spd. models are hard to come by....after a few weeks of searching I gave up and bought an auto (2003 SE/SC).

Looks like your X's front grill could use some attention....the plastic on mine was faded as well.
Anyways, enjoy your "new" X! CHEERS! [Wave]

#483674 - 15/05/08 07:44 AM Re: Coming In And Saying Hi!
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Welcome aboard!! [Wave]

#483675 - 25/05/08 01:49 PM Re: Coming In And Saying Hi!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Howdy!! [Wave]

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal