Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#103248 - 01/10/05 10:27 PM makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

alright xoc, create a miracle make my car kick a&& offroad. MY question is what are the mainb things i can do to make my car decent offroad, ligth mudding intermediate trails, but no rock crawling.
what I want to do is get newer and bigger tires such as 33s. and a 5 inch suspenshion lift. I was wondering what brand and what type of each product to get and what other suggestions could you make.
As i said i have a 2005 nissan xterra offroad. thank you for any suggestions and comments you can give, i am alos the one who wrwecked his 05 x, it has been fixed and is now runnign beutifly

#103249 - 01/10/05 11:55 PM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 4x2offroad:
alright xoc, create a miracle make my car kick a&& offroad. MY question is what are the mainb things i can do to make my car decent offroad, ligth mudding intermediate trails, but no rock crawling.
Well...you don't have to worry about the Rock Crawling , since you have a 4x2...but here are some tips for free (and I repeat this) :

1. BFG All-Terrain Tires
2. Take off your Stock Tubular Step Bars
3. Take off the Mud Flaps
4. add some Front Tow Hooks and a Rear one too
5. do a Poor man's Lift
6. Buy a Recovery Kit (very important)
7. NEVER, I repeat, NEVER go Offroading by yourself, always go with a group, preferably with some 4x4's...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#103250 - 02/10/05 06:30 AM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rickster43:
Quote:
[b]alright xoc, create a miracle make my car kick a&& offroad. MY question is what are the mainb things i can do to make my car decent offroad, ligth mudding intermediate trails, but no rock crawling.
Well...you don't have to worry about the Rock Crawling , since you have a 4x2...but here are some tips for free (and I repeat this) :

1. BFG All-Terrain Tires
2. Take off your Stock Tubular Step Bars
3. Take off the Mud Flaps
4. add some Front Tow Hooks and a Rear one too
5. do a Poor man's Lift
6. Buy a Recovery Kit (very important)
7. NEVER, I repeat, NEVER go Offroading by yourself, always go with a group, preferably with some 4x4's...[/b]
hes got an 05...PMLs dont exist for that wink if your gonna do some mudding..get a good AT tire or a couple mudders and slap em on the back, ALWAYS go with someone else, especially since you have 2wd, always keep momentum when going through mud or you most likely will end up getting stuck

#103251 - 02/10/05 06:57 AM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trade in your 4x2, pay the loan loss and get a 4x4. Youll be much happier.

#103252 - 02/10/05 12:23 PM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

What he said.

#103253 - 02/10/05 02:31 PM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

x3

#103254 - 02/10/05 07:48 PM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Nissan makes a 2wd off road model?

[Freak]

wtf

Well, for what you listed as what you want to be able to do...leave it stock, and do nothing, and it should be fine...you are not listing anything a stock rig can't do.

laugh

If you want to do a PML, but you don't have torsion bars...that means getting some coil spacers, and longer shackles....instead of cranking the t-bars and getting longer shackles.

laugh

If you want to maximize the off roading, and you do not go near rocks....a set of 33's will fit already, w/o a PML or any other mechanical changes....your wheel wells are already big enough...and you can get real mudders...Interco Boggers for example are big 'ol paddle wheel tires that are only good for mud, period, and suck everywhere else.

A cheaper option is a Cooper STT, which is good in mud, but sucks on rocks....but is better on road, or a Firestone Destination MT, which is also a nice compromise.

So - you mention kicking ass, but on easy trails...so I'm a bit confused as to where your compromises are...all out mud performance, or street mostly, with an occaisional jaunt on a fire trail?

The AT type suggestions won't kick ass in mud, but will be better in the mud than a less aggressive tire, but worse on road...etc...a reasonable compromise for many of us...works well on road and off, but isn't the best on either.

Any way - So you have a 2wd with a locked rear end...and you want to kick ass on stock trails....and want a 5" lift....but only want to run tires that fit w/o a lift....

[Freak]

Help us out....sharpen the focus a bit.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#103255 - 02/10/05 08:38 PM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

alright to clear things up i want a decent trail rig tthat wont be terrible on the roads, like which 33s should i get to do good in mud and good on road.

#103256 - 02/10/05 08:42 PM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bridgestone Deuler MT [ThumbsUp]

#103257 - 02/10/05 09:04 PM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

4x2 does have an advantage over a 4x4. Your advantage over us is speed. I would not go the rock crawling route, or even mudding route. I would wait for a long travel suspension, get some baja tires and lights, drive to Mexico and let her rip laugh

#103258 - 03/10/05 06:05 AM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PonyBoy:
4x2 does have an advantage over a 4x4. Your advantage over us is speed. I would not go the rock crawling route, or even mudding route. I would wait for a long travel suspension, get some baja tires and lights, drive to Mexico and let her rip laugh
Have you tried letting her rip, Baja style with the VDC on in 4x4? OMG that is a blast! Rip the steering wheel over on a turn and punch the gas. [ThumbsUp]

#103259 - 03/10/05 03:11 PM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

alright xoc i might be trading in my x for a wrangler, i test drove it today and really liked it but alas the cargo room is severly minimal in a wrangler, but i wont be like everyone else who trade sin there car for another one i still will post and comment occasionally

#103260 - 06/10/05 10:05 AM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

You will loose quite some cash by trading so damn early. What do you need the Wrangler for if you don't really want to do any rock crawling? That's about the only thing that it's good for. Reliability sucks major ass as well.

#103261 - 06/10/05 10:50 AM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

I considered a Jeep before purchasing My X. I really like the way they look and love the soft top. It's offroad/rock crawling abilities are legendary. Unfortunately because of my family size the Jeep would be to small and not practical for us. If I had the $$$ for 3rd vehicle I would get a jeep in a heart beat.

#103262 - 06/10/05 11:36 AM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

legendary at breaking down on the trail. what good is outcrawling a stock X if you cant get home from the trails at the end of the day? that and not being able to put anything in your rig, cuz the wrangler has to be the easiest vehicle made to break into. ask anyone who has owned one.

#103263 - 06/10/05 12:00 PM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not just put anything in the sense of storage security, but also you can't carry much with you on trips at all.

#103264 - 06/10/05 12:12 PM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
alright xoc i might be trading in my x for a wrangler, i test drove it today and really liked it but alas the cargo room is severly minimal in a wrangler, but i wont be like everyone else who trade sin there car for another one i still will post and comment occasionally
aren't you the one that crashed the 05, then got another 4x2 and now your getting a wrangler? hmm

#103265 - 10/10/05 05:06 AM Re: makeing my 05 x capable offroad
Anonymous
Unregistered

If that was the case why didn't you get a 4wd X after crashing the first one?? Going from an X to a wrangler is going to make you lose a lot of cargo room. Trust me I was looking at the wranglers before I got my S.

Moderator:  socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal