Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#490021 - 26/12/07 12:08 PM replacing a piaa bulb with a different bulb
Anonymous
Unregistered

i think one of my bulbs burned out after less then a year, im hoping its not a wiring issue. I have always felt like my piaa 510's have not put out enough light, and barely help with fog. Is there any way to get more out of them by placeing a different bulp such as the h3 xtreme white, or h3 super plasma? They are both 55w bulbs but are equal to 110w instead of the crystal ion 85w. I know i will lose the amber color of the ion crystal bulb, but the lens is tinted alot also (i felt like they never did anything anyways). Bottom line is: Will these bulbs damage anything if i use them becuase they might be hotter or a diff amperage?

#490022 - 04/01/08 02:17 PM Re: replacing a piaa bulb with a different bulb
Anonymous
Unregistered

come one guys..someone has got to have some input!

#490023 - 04/01/08 04:06 PM Re: replacing a piaa bulb with a different bulb
Anonymous
Unregistered

Watts is watts. The wiring is designed to handle the stock wattage with a bit of overhead. Human vision peaks pretty much in the stock light bulb temperature so changing the colors is only going to make things worse. Tinting the headlight is the worst thing you can do.

#490024 - 12/02/08 10:06 AM Re: replacing a piaa bulb with a different bulb
Anonymous
Unregistered

im not looking at getting a tinted bulb. The bulb now is tinted for being used with fog and i want one that is untinited that has more light output for the same wattage. My question was if a piaa h3 bulb with an output of 110w will create more heat (to cuase damage) than one that has an output of 85 watts worth of light even though they both draw 55 watts

#490025 - 12/02/08 01:47 PM Re: replacing a piaa bulb with a different bulb
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive sent an email to service@piaa but got a kickback.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

service@piaa.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
TEMP_FAILURE: Could not initiate SMTP conversation with any hosts:
[mail.piaa.com. (10): Connection timed out]

Date: Feb 4, 2008 5:05 PM
Subject: 510 replacement bulbs
To: service@piaa.com

Hello,

I am about to replace one of the H3 bulbs in my piaa 510 fog light set. I was wondering if it was possible to replace the standard 55 watt bulb (13455) with the 85 watt (13981). Would I need to replace the lens as well? I have custom wiring that will support the 60 watt difference. I was just wondering if the housing would be able to
support the brighter/hotter bulbs. Thanks in advance.

-Andrew

#490026 - 23/02/08 02:04 PM Re: replacing a piaa bulb with a different bulb
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey andrewH...any update? did they ever get back to you?

#490027 - 25/02/08 11:28 AM Re: replacing a piaa bulb with a different bulb
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will call them soon, been sidetracked with work, but i did try to resend it last week and got the bounce, give me a couple and ill see

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal