Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#489729 - 28/01/08 09:12 AM first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Buying a first aid kit for my X package that didn't come with one. Is there a difference between the first generation and second generation OEM kits? Buying off EBay.

#489730 - 28/01/08 09:45 AM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool If you have to buy one, don't bother getting the X, supplied one, they're not to good--

--Go to one of the big stores-Costco, Bestbuy, etc: and get a red cross PKG--

--I've got both, so I'm prepped for anything axcept a UFO Krypton attack--

--Just be sure that the pkg, is the same size, to fit back there on the hatch, like I have mine (2)-

--

-- [Wave] [Wave] --JIMBO

#489731 - 28/01/08 09:53 AM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by chihuax:
Buying a first aid kit for my X package that didn't come with one. Is there a difference between the first generation and second generation OEM kits? Buying off EBay.
I had to use mine one time at an auto accident. I know some extremely basic first aid, but we were really lucky because 5 minutes later, an Army combat medic drove up. He said to make sure there's always rubber gloves in there, antiseptic wash, surgical tape, and 4x4 gauzes. Probably would be good to throw in a small knife and/or scissors too.

#489732 - 28/01/08 02:02 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have made use of the first aid kit a few times if only due to those times when I'm out someplace and get a minor cut I *know* where to get a band-aid. The kit is pretty minimal but since the sack has lots of extra room I suggest, along with the others, to stuff it with additional supplies. But if you can get a better first aid kit that fits (in the holder on the rear door), buy it.

_Lazza

PS - this is the first vehicle I've owned that has a first aid kit. I now think such a kit is absolutely A MUST.

#489733 - 01/02/08 02:11 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

agree with the other posts.
and to add. if you dont have the know how of how to do first aid. the kit might as well be made of lead. take a class or start reading. otherwise carry bandaids and tripple anti-biotic cream.

clicky
FM21-11 first aid training for the army
4-25.11 in pdf format.. good DL

#489734 - 01/02/08 02:24 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jimbo, do you actually have an interior rear hatch release, or just the sticker? That was actually one of the cooler (IMO) non-performance oriented mods for the Gen1s. You'll only have to wake up once in the back w/ the hatch locked and need to get out quickly to realize the value of that release.. [Freak]

#489735 - 01/02/08 03:00 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool No DB, thats actually a 2 1/8 " hole with the Bullet hole sticker on a reverse cap--

--It's so simple, the 2nd gen handle is a PUSH/PULL handle that operates a CABLE to the hatch release, so you have to rig a PUSH access that works when the hatch is UNLOCKED--

--Now the reason I haven't given a how-to sequence, is for the same reason none of the van/suv mfg'ers won't put a release inside -because of KIDS and safety--

--I had purchased that Nissan Emergency Trunk release and read ALL the info--It won't work on a 2gen X, so I just saved the handle, cause it GLOWS IN THE DARK !!
--A while back, I also mentioned INTERNET LIABILITY and thats REAL--JIMBO

#489736 - 01/02/08 03:17 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
thats actually a 2 1/8 " hole with the Bullet hole sticker on a reverse cap--
lol, what'd you use? A .308 at 800 yds? wink

#489737 - 01/02/08 08:25 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool Nah, DB, a hole saw cuts plastic like butter !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
thats actually a 2 1/8 " hole with the Bullet hole sticker on a reverse cap--
lol, what'd you use? A .308 at 800 yds? wink
--course the panel has to be off !!

-- [Wave] [Wave] JIMBO

#489738 - 11/02/08 04:51 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by rift:
...He said to make sure there's always rubber gloves in there, antiseptic wash, surgical tape, and 4x4 gauzes. Probably would be good to throw in a small knife and/or scissors too...

4x4 gauzes? I guess those would be for off-road boo-boo's.

#489739 - 11/02/08 05:26 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Jimbo, do you actually have an interior rear hatch release, or just the sticker? That was actually one of the cooler (IMO) non-performance oriented mods for the Gen1s. You'll only have to wake up once in the back w/ the hatch locked and need to get out quickly to realize the value of that release.. [Freak]
Pinoy has that mod. Think he locked himself in camping once.... and only once....hence the mod.

#489740 - 12/02/08 09:35 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

The first aid kit is very basic to say the least. This is a good site to browse through to see how to put together a good first aid kit. But, don't forget the everyday stuff simple stuff that goes a long way. Like simple aspirin.

http://www.equipped.com/medical.htm#RxMeds

I am sure you will find everything you need to know about first aid here. It is a terrific site.

#489741 - 14/02/08 06:10 AM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree w/ everybody else. get the one for the back of the X and then go to Wal-mart and get a kit and that right there should help you out

#489742 - 14/02/08 07:03 AM Re: first aid kit
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazza:

PS - this is the first vehicle I've owned that has a first aid kit. I now think such a kit is absolutely A MUST.
My wife's 2003 Camry came with a first-aid kit that velcroed to the carpeted trunk-liner. smile

#489743 - 14/02/08 02:07 PM Re: first aid kit
babyX Offline

The absolute best thing I ever added to that first aid kit was moleskin. That stuff is fantastic for preventing blisters and I went through it like crazy when we were hiking around Denali Nat'l Park. Even for everyday use, when I wear shoes that rub just the wrong spot on my heel, that stuff is fabulous.

Oh, that and feminine hygiene products. Their uses are endless... laugh

#489744 - 14/02/08 10:20 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:

Yea they work great on gun shot wounds... laugh

#489745 - 15/02/08 10:58 AM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
[b]

Yea they work great on gun shot wounds... laugh [/b]
Makes sense, probably good for many deep bullet wounds and absorb blood like crazy...

#489746 - 17/02/08 11:47 AM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

heh, I had an audi b4 the X, and the first aid kit that came with the car, had enough recourses to treat a gun shot wound. I am actually thinking about picking up one of those also.

#489747 - 17/02/08 12:38 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can get them cheap enough on ebay <$20 shipped. Just add what you think you need to the bag.

#489748 - 17/02/08 01:22 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

My stock kit is packed to bursting with extra stuff - Bactine, Sun Lotion, every OTC pain killer known, sterile water, a CRP valve and lots more. That's just for around town. Off road I toss in another to suplement it centering around burns, breaks, and other trama.

#489749 - 18/02/08 12:35 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im working on picking up a CLS (Combat Life Support) bag. Those things have everything in them, Quick clot, tourniquets, and IV bags.

#489750 - 06/05/08 06:20 AM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hell I just carry around a Complete Med bag around. Has all I need for tramma asessment exept the O2.

#489751 - 20/06/08 04:22 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check this one out... More Kit for the Money, and PERFECT fit!

http://www.first-aid-product.com/consumer/Xterra-First-Aid-Kit.htm

#489752 - 21/06/08 01:06 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was just about to ask about the first-aid kits since mine did not come equipped with one (Guess the previous owner wanted to keep it :rolleyes: ) but that website does help! Thanks for the linky.

#489753 - 21/06/08 02:00 PM Re: first aid kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=TK021

I carry one of these around with me with some extra bloodstoppers and watergels thrown in there. I also carry about a couple SAM splints.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal