2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#107727 - 19/06/06 09:49 AM All Pro Offroad Axle
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just wanted to get this all on one page type of thing.

Question is, will the All Pro Offroad Hybrid D60 Front Axle fit the Xterra. Looks to me like it will, considering that the taco uses a d44 from a wagoneer also.

Axle measures 62" wide

It has been mentioned acouple of times thoughout the board about the All Pro Offroad SAS for the Tacoma, and it was recently talked about ( HERE ) about possible compatibility, so i thought i'd just start a topic on it. :p

Have also read on here that the wagoneer axle is just alittle bit narrower than that of the factory rear on the x, (as it is on the tacoma). So THIS SECTION HERE can be translated from Tacoma to Xterra pretty much can it not?

The only thing i see that probably wouldn't work is the Control arm mount on the axle because its made specifically for that kit. Or maybe i'm missing something. [Too much XOC]

#107728 - 19/06/06 10:17 AM Re: All Pro Offroad Axle
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW for that price I wouldnt touch the axle.

Yes the wagoneer is about 2" narrower than the stock axle but I bought some Toyota spacers from SpyderTrax to get it to match.

You can find Dana 44s for $80-250.

Put in heavy duty thick R&P to match the Nissan 4.90 or 5.14.

You can also get heavy duty U joints improve it further.

Finally a set of chromoly axles to finish it off.

That would all be less than half of the dana 60.

I also find it easier to steer now with the SAS than before with the IFS setup.

Just my opinion Preston. Ask anything else if you want to.

#107729 - 19/06/06 10:27 AM Re: All Pro Offroad Axle
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
You could make it work, but considering the cost ~4.5k doesn’t seem like a very good option to me.

If I needed something stronger than my waggy D44 I would most likely have Currie make it for me, something like a ROCK JOCK CURRIE HIGH PINION 60 FRONT end housing with 1 ton knuckles for $1.4k and add the other stuff I wanted.
http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/ProductsRE.aspx?id=2487

I doubt I would on a X because you really have to be almost running competition level trails to really need those kinds of setups IMO.

I’ve been running waggy D44’s for ~ 4 years straight with my SAS pathy and X; lockers (Lockright, ARB) upgraded longfield u-joints, stock shafts, (34 & 35”) tires on a whole bunch of trails without any problems or breakage and I don't normally take it easy, but I do carry a spare set of shafts and u-joints just in case.

#107730 - 19/06/06 01:19 PM Re: All Pro Offroad Axle
steinism Offline

Loc: spooner street
that all pro kit looks sick.

#107731 - 19/06/06 02:23 PM Re: All Pro Offroad Axle
Anonymous
Unregistered

The thing would be unbreakable, but I'm confused by the pic...will they configure both a passenger or driver side drop? Both are pictured, unless one is a negative image. Toyota housings are passenger side drop, which is why I wonder.

To fully build a D44 to that level would still cost upwards of $2500-3000 if you went with a selectable locker, all new hardware, chromemoly shafts and CTM joints, and it would have much smaller axles. That said, We're not making enough HP to hurt that thing.

A budget build on a D44 can be done for around a grand, depending on purchase price. I did mine for about $1600 total using stock shafts, precision gears, all new steering, resurfaced rotors, remanufactured calipers, a reconditioned ARB locker, warn premiums, new balljoints, 760X Ujoints, and a Warn diff skid.

#107732 - 20/06/06 08:28 PM Re: All Pro Offroad Axle
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well i completely agree with all of you. I forgot to mention how outrageous i thought the price was as well. I am no where in consideration of buying one, but just thought its cool to see some kinda option out there for anyone with too much money. laugh

I however will defiantly being going the wagoneer route. Its simple, fun and easy. :p [ThumbsUp]

#107733 - 21/06/06 12:35 AM Re: All Pro Offroad Axle
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know where there are a few of them.... [Freak]

#107734 - 21/06/06 04:20 PM Re: All Pro Offroad Axle
Anonymous
Unregistered

look at the price for the kit though 2000 and thats including the coilovers links and everthing you dont have to use the d60 hybrid but in that regards what does teraflexs crd60's run 5500 for a front the 5000 includes everything for the axle high steer and all now im not thining of getting it but if i had the money hell yah i would stronger than a 60 with more ground clearence than a 44

#107735 - 21/06/06 04:55 PM Re: All Pro Offroad Axle
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AK9849CY:
Few... few my ASS... you have the market on every waggy axle in Colorado. :p

#107736 - 22/06/06 02:08 AM Re: All Pro Offroad Axle
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AK9849CY:
Still planning on making your way down to AZ for the AZrun? wink

#107737 - 22/06/06 06:34 PM Re: All Pro Offroad Axle
Anonymous
Unregistered

maybe... I'll be at Gone Moab for sure.

#107738 - 28/08/06 06:45 PM Re: All Pro Offroad Axle
OnlyOneDR Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
The thing would be unbreakable, but I'm confused by the pic...will they configure both a passenger or driver side drop? Both are pictured, unless one is a negative image. Toyota housings are passenger side drop, which is why I wonder.
Look at the other clues. The steering is setup correctly and the exhaust is on the passenger side. Looks like it has a custom adapter for the transfer case in that pic.

Also...Tacomas are Driver's Drop.

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal