Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#107594 - 18/09/07 10:25 PM SAS issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

While I was fighting my drive shaft adapter the other day I found something interesting on my Calmini sway bar cross member.

If you look just obove the yoke in this picture you can see a mark on the crossmember. When I hit a bump the yoke is hitting. (I know its a hugh pic but it was hard to make it out in the smaller one)

Other pics of my set up. the mounts are welded on straight as the directions say.

Any thoughts or ideas? Provided its not a hugh deal, since I don't plan to run a sway bar anymore, I'll just either notch the crossmember, or make a new one.

#107595 - 18/09/07 11:00 PM Re: SAS issue
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
5 speed tranny? How high do you have the front setup? What's your caster reading L & R?

Something doesn’t look right to me, front pinion looks like it pointing up at angle more than normal.

So the front drive shaft is hitting the xmember? Seen that when the front is set too high plus /w 5 speeds that x member doesn’t fit as well as w/ auto's. Is the DS adapter one of those hockey puck deals? pushing the DS out closer to the x member instead of using a direct bolt-ON DS would cause Interference on my truck.

#107596 - 18/09/07 11:05 PM Re: SAS issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I have a 5 speed. Didn't have an issue with that crossmember fitting, it was the trans xmember that had to be played with. I ahve no idea what's my caster reading is L & R. I'll get some pics of that up tomorrow. I think we adjusted them so the axle was about a flat a we could get it.

#107597 - 19/09/07 10:13 AM Re: SAS issue
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
yeah - your pinion looks a bit high...

#107598 - 19/09/07 05:06 PM Re: SAS issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

#107599 - 19/09/07 05:08 PM Re: SAS issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

Put the drive shaft on today. I had to get a new cat installed so it would fit. But hey, I'm finally 4wheel drive again.

http://web.mac.com/nissanclay/iWeb/Site/Library.html

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal