2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#110897 - 14/12/03 09:46 AM car jack on the rise
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey everyone

i just want to post this so i can warn everyone here around the bay area. last thursday i was at de anza college for late night study session. when i come out my hood was open and i was suprise. i check around and i saw there's a hole cut into my grill. the hole is big enough for my hand to go into. when i stick my hand in there, try to open the hood, it pop right open. then the alarm goes on. so i guess that is when that bastard got scare and run away.

thanks god nothing is missing in my car. but i hope this able to warn you guyz abt those stupid bastard around de anza college.

recently i have 6-7 people i know got their cars stolen around the bay. so please keep your eyes open.

#110898 - 14/12/03 10:23 AM Re: car jack on the rise
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
so it wasn't stolen? and what are we keeping our eyes open for in the area? (I'll actually be in the area for a llittle while starting this week.) You're lucky you only ended up w/ a hole in your grille...

Of your 6 or so friends who have had their's stolen, what kinds of cars where they? and where were they snagged?

#110899 - 14/12/03 10:33 AM Re: car jack on the rise
Anonymous
Unregistered

haha my bad... abt the topic. i forgot to change it.

wat i am saying is, keep an eye on where you guyz park your car and stuff.
my friend cars who get snagged include honda prelude, civic, crx, integra, sentra, mustang, toyota mr2, nissan 280. they all got stolen around san jose, fremont, milpitas, and cupertino.

#110900 - 14/12/03 10:43 AM Re: car jack on the rise
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
My sister-in-law's car was snatched right inside the gargage while it was warming up.

She was warming up the car to take her kids to school and left the gargage door open. Within 5 minutes, she came out and the car was gone. Found it 2 days later with all the personal stuffs missing, including cd player, stock speakers, and the child seat confused ...

My brother's neightbor got his car driven off his driveway the same way when he left it warming up for work too.

#110901 - 14/12/03 01:21 PM Re: car jack on the rise
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by drift:
hey everyone

i just want to post this so i can warn everyone here around the bay area. last thursday i was at de anza college for late night study session. when i come out my hood was open and i was suprise. i check around and i saw there's a hole cut into my grill. the hole is big enough for my hand to go into. when i stick my hand in there, try to open the hood, it pop right open. then the alarm goes on. so i guess that is when that bastard got scare and run away.

thanks god nothing is missing in my car. but i hope this able to warn you guyz abt those stupid bastard around de anza college.

recently i have 6-7 people i know got their cars stolen around the bay. so please keep your eyes open.
Similar with the X. I easily sticked my hand under the front bumper and unplugged the horn. They won't be able to steal the X but they will have enough time to take everything valueble inside. That's why I'm planning to upgrade the alarm system, a remote starter would also be nice. A better alarm system would give me a better detterent. For now I will try to relocate the horn somewhere.

#110902 - 14/12/03 02:49 PM Re: car jack on the rise
Anonymous
Unregistered

stock speakers, and the child seat confused ...

haha these guyz must be really desperate.

#110903 - 14/12/03 02:52 PM Re: car jack on the rise
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Quote:
car jack on the rise
That's punny.

Get it?

laugh

#110904 - 15/12/03 09:28 AM Re: car jack on the rise
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by superjens:
Quote:
car jack on the rise
That's punny.

Get it?

laugh
Yeah, you could say this topic is on the "up and up".

[LOL] :rolleyes:

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal