shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#114400 - 23/04/08 03:39 PM July 19th Blackwood Canyon & Ellis Peak at Lake Tahoe
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd like to do this trail, if anyone is interested, I'll try to grab an apartment for 2 nights for $25 a night. Looks like Tires are just needed. for this trail. gets a bit rough, but it should be fine, first time for me!

#114401 - 24/04/08 11:13 AM Re: July 19th Blackwood Canyon & Ellis Peak at Lake Tahoe
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Yasha-

Here's a tip. When you propose a trail run, it's usually helpful to provide some background info and links to the trail so that people who don't know about it can get more information. Make it easier for people to find info by including a link, rather than making people google for more information, as I did:

Here is a link describing the trail and its location. (Trail map on page 126.)

FYI, that "trail" is really quite easy. We occasionally use that route as a return-to-pavement route when we run the Barker Pass OHV loop. Blackwood Canyon road is essentially a graded fire road that most 2WD vehicles (even passenger cars driven slowly) can access. It's a very scenic area, though. If you continue south towards Lily Lake (refer to map linked above; it's the road west of 14N40 which connects Ellis Peak to Miller Meadows; the road is also simply a graded dirt road with a few bumps), you will actually end up on the last couple of miles of the Rubicon trail, which is rougher than a graded dirt road, but doable by any stock 4WD SUV, and plenty easy enough for your X to manage. It might make a more fun and challenging loop for you, unless you really just want to drive on a graded dirt road without touching your transfer case lever... wink

#114402 - 24/04/08 11:55 AM Re: July 19th Blackwood Canyon & Ellis Peak at Lake Tahoe
Anonymous
Unregistered

gotcha, Still used to the AZ way, of just posting the trail and time and having people show up

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal