Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#114502 - 16/11/05 02:43 AM Re: November Mod Day
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Um. So....where are the pics of Huey's new car, dammit?!! Hehe. I would've liked to have been there if for no other reason than to offer Ryan the SWR meter I have which I'll probably not need again, but you know my work schedule - I was fast asleep at the time.

#114503 - 16/11/05 09:48 AM Re: November Mod Day
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Have you been able to tune your antenna, Ryan?

What I did realized later was...when I called Huey on his cell about noon on that day, the reception on Huey's side was bad. He thought that my cell was having a problem. Later on, when I called my home from outside of Huey's house, I couldn't understand much of what Catherine was saying on the other end...even though I had 3 out of 6 antenna...bars. And, typically 3 is enough to hear clearly.

So, as we guessed, the area around Huey's house must have some sort of strong interference of some sort...that didn't allow proper tuning of your CB antenna...

Oh, yeah... Huey's new car is nice! Black leather interior, and silver exterior... :p

#114504 - 16/11/05 10:25 AM Re: November Mod Day
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Actually yeah I think I got it. It was very strange though....I borrow my uncle's SWR meter and hooked it up. I was getting the exact same off the chart reading that you were getting Akio at my house (no power lines) that you were getting on your SWR meter in front of Huey's place. After trying EVERYTHING I could think of....checking all connections and tuning every which way you can think of. I ditched the ARB mount and used the stainless steel 3 way mount that came with the Firestik kit. And low and behold now I am getting meters reading below 2.0:1 on the first 26 channels.....and channels 27 to 40 don't get any higher then 2.5:1. Very strange.....all I can think of is somehow the unit was grounding itself somewhere on the ARB mount? Other strange thing is I get the lowest meter readings when I took out the tuning screw completely and used the stainless 3 way mount. So....that is who I am running it now. Go figure.

Next time we get together I would like to see if you get the same low readings with your meter that I am getting with the one I am using now.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal