2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#120923 - 23/04/04 08:03 PM Re: places to offroad around Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, from 360, go west on Spicewood Springs. You will go down a good ways and on the right side you will see two dirt tracks going up a hill about 30 yards apart from each other. Go up either one and there is a cool place to do some mudding and if you are feeling up to it there is a one rocky trail going up that I just ran today for some fun for the first time. Other times I have not been able to make it because it was too wet but this time I aired down and went for it and loved every second of it. There is also a place off of North 35 around the braker exit. From the frontage road go to the VFW and towards the back there is a place that I had to pull Kraig out of a few weeks ago where he was stuck in about 3 feet of water. I'd post some pics but I'm being nice to him and don't want to embarass him. I hope I spelled embarass correctly....I'd be embarassed if I didn't.... :p

#120924 - 23/04/04 08:15 PM Re: places to offroad around Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awsome. I would love to see those pictures. It seems that Kraig gets himself stuck in the water quite a bit. If you guys decide to go again soon let me know if you would. 844-7006

~andy

#120925 - 24/04/04 12:56 AM Re: places to offroad around Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sunday, around 3:30

#120926 - 24/04/04 01:06 PM Re: places to offroad around Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another good spot, if its been raining really hard, is near the parmer and 620 intersection. Coming from northbound mopac, take a left on parmer, a left on 620 and then a left on broadmeade, about a half mile down or so, just past a conoco station. From Broadmede take a left on Wisterwood. Follow wisterwood till it Ts into Braeburn Glen and then take a left. This road dead ends into Brair, and take a left. 30 ft down take a right into a really short street that dead ends, and then u will see a trail. This place is small, but at times it has two very good mudholes.

Watch out for kids playing paintball and airsoft back there, they will probably runaway from you or leave you alone, but bee nice. My best friend lives in a house by this place, so we have played back there since we were little. Also, a policeman lives in one of the houses backing up to this place, but dont be alarmed, my friend says he rides four wheelers back there.

#120927 - 24/04/04 04:29 PM Re: places to offroad around Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just found another one about an hour ago (after my last post) by Circle C. Follow mopac really far, past the turn for the circle C info center. Keep going past where it turns into 45, there are two trails on the right that lead off into the woods about a mile before the turn for the golf course.

The area is flat, but the trails were pretty muddy today, and there were some huge puddles. The network of trails back there is very confusing, so be careful not to get lost.

#120928 - 25/04/04 09:39 AM Re: places to offroad around Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

i may be up for the run today at 3:30. gimme a call. thanks for the suggestions.
~andy

#120929 - 26/04/04 01:02 PM Re: places to offroad around Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

I really wasn't too sure how to quote this right, but...

Posted by Z71 Chris
Quote:
ya never know.. some people are looney enough to go off-roadin on street tires. I've seen it. of course I've seen a Dodge Neon offer to help get me unstuck when I wasn't even stuck. there's some REAL funky stuff in this wold
I just wanted to say that I myself used to off road in my '91 Dodge Caravan. laugh

#120930 - 26/04/04 01:25 PM Re: places to offroad around Austin
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
If things work out with the moving van and getting my place set up I may be up for some mud this weekend. If you all figure out a meeting place lemme know and I will try to get out.

#120931 - 26/04/04 06:37 PM Re: places to offroad around Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

it was a last minute get-together. it was a ok time. it was good to see Jason for a change. We did try a new area. It was ok but Im not much for "bogging".

#120932 - 30/04/04 12:53 PM Re: places to offroad around Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just wanted to see if anyone is interested in some off roadin this weekend. could be a good weekend for it. supposed to rain.

#120933 - 01/05/04 12:05 PM Re: places to offroad around Austin
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by Snakeyez:
it was a last minute get-together. it was a ok time. it was good to see Jason for a change. We did try a new area. It was ok but Im not much for "bogging".
You're just upset cuz you couldn't make it up the hill! [Finger]

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#120934 - 01/05/04 01:00 PM Re: places to offroad around Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

ha ha the hill sucked but It was more of the BS and near wrecks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal