2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124061 - 25/01/05 06:16 PM Texas Wakeboard Tour
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
All,

I received a call and some mail the other day about the SWXC partaking in the Texas Wakeboard Tour. Huh? In short, watersporting event to be held in Austin, Houston, and DFW later in the year. What they want from us, is for our club to send 5-10 vehicles from each area (if possible) to park, and be displayed with the other Nissan vehicles being supplied by Nissan North America. All you have to do is show up, get in for free, park your truck, and hang out on the beach/shore all day while eating food, listening to local radio stations on site, check out some swim suit competitions and whatever else. They want to have a 'competition' of sorts between the trucks to where the winner will get new speakers from Kicker.

I may not have done that good of a job selling it above, but it does sound like alot of fun. Get in for FREE, hang out in the sun, do beach activities, eat, win free stuff? I can dig it. Can YOU?
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#124062 - 25/01/05 06:17 PM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Ramstein92 Offline

Jist of the letter...

The first annual Texas Wakeboard Tour took place in 2004. Partnering with Mastercraft boat dealers in the three largest markets in the state, the tour kicked off on August 14th at the Texas Ski Ranch in New Braunfels. The second stop, hosted by Darryl Moores Marine, was at the 3 Palms Extreme Sports Park in Conroe (just North of Houston) on August 28th and the tour finished up on September 11th at Texas Mastercraft & Chaparrals private lake in Fort Worth. It's was all about having a good time...extreme sports enthusiasts from across the state hooking up for three weekends of fun, food, live music and of course...some top notch wakeboarding…MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
What most noticeably set the tour apart from other amateur events was the presence of some major non-endemic sponsors. Nissan North America was the official vehicle and had awesome displays at each event. Hooters Restaurants were the official restaurant and they promoted the tour in all of their Texas locations. Coors Light was the official beer and Mastercraft was the official tow boat. Kicker Audio provided the music and PA for all of the stops! Product sponsors included Red Bull, Hyperlite, Spy Optic, ESPN X-Games Skate Parks, Audio Shoes, One West Clothing and Dragon Optical. Local North Texas bands Egress and Space Cadet provided live music at the events.
The Texas Wakeboard Tour also had some strong media partners including Alliance Wakeboard, The Houston Press, The Dallas Observer, 101X-FM (Austin), KTBZ-FM “The Buzz” (Houston) and KDGE-FM “The Edge (Dallas). All of the radio and print partners both promoted the event and had a presence on-site.

The response from riders, sponsors and attendees in our first year was incredible. Somehow we have created a great vibe across the state. The ultimate goal is to grow this series into three of the biggest lifestyle events in Texas! Plans are being made to add new sponsors, increase the purse, increase the marketing and add more extreme sports action including sliders/kickers for the wakeboard competition, skateboarding and Freestyle Motocross exhibitions and more in 2005.
That’s where the Southwestern XTerra Club comes in!! With Nissan North America back as the “Official” vehicle of the series, there is a natural fit for your organization. Two of last years sponsors, Hooters and Kicker Audio, had Nissan XTerra promotional vehicles and the response from the crowd was very positive.

I would like to invite the members Southwestern XTerra Club to be a part of the 2005 Texas Wakeboard Tour!

Here is my idea….

At each event, we would set up a display of your Nissan vehicles. The display would somehow be tied in to Nissan North America’s new car/truck display. It would be a great way to show prospective buyers A) How they could trick out their new Nissan and B) That Nissan owners have fun organizations like yours to join!

... we could let spectators vote on which is the best Nissan...the owner of the winning vehicle at each stop would receive a pair of car speakers from tour sponsor, Kicker Audio...

It’s just an idea...but I think it would be a fun event and a great reason for your members to get together!
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#124063 - 25/01/05 06:20 PM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Ramstein92 Offline

Check out www.TexasWakeboardTour.com for pictures and reviews from 2004.
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#124064 - 25/01/05 07:06 PM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd like to make this one. It just depends on the dates,

#124065 - 25/01/05 08:49 PM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

THe one at dfw will probably be at Marine Creek Lake like all the other years which is 2 miles from my house. Regardless I would LOVE to go to these...need dates.

" Texas Mastercraft & Chaparrals private lake in Fort Worth"

THis is Marine Creek Lake I believe

#124066 - 25/01/05 09:36 PM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man an event like this seems like a blast.

I'm definently up for this one.

Brantley

#124067 - 25/01/05 10:37 PM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

I too would like to go to this, very cool smile

#124068 - 26/01/05 05:51 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
[ThumbsUp]

#124069 - 26/01/05 06:47 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Ramstein92 Offline

What we need is a minimum 5 trucks (not just Xterras, but Frontys and Pathys too) to be at each location. I am sure I can get at least 5 for DFW - and then some - but we need our SA/New Braunsfels and Austin-ites to step up for the Austin weekend and some Houtsonians for the Houston weekend.

(All you guys going to the Den on the weekends interested in this?)

Also, this even will be held in the months of July, August and Sept. We have more than enough time to get people interested and going.

If you have any question, suggestions or useful comments, let me know, and I can pass them along.

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#124070 - 26/01/05 07:27 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
U know I'm in Titan or X wink

#124071 - 26/01/05 10:41 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im in laugh

#124072 - 28/01/05 09:10 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
traceyragsdale Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Kicker and Nissan in one show, you know I'm in!!

#124073 - 28/01/05 10:19 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

As long as the date work out. I would attend. Just need the dates.

#124074 - 28/01/05 08:47 PM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still a ways off (August ?) but count me in too!

[Smoking]

#124075 - 09/02/05 10:35 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

count me in for the houston stop

#124076 - 19/03/05 10:32 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all Im new here and just wanted to see what was going on I would love to make it I can be in Austin or in Houston I havent started any mods yet but will soon have it together Ive only had the X for 3 days and i love it. Hope i can join yall soon

#124077 - 22/04/05 03:27 PM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Ramstein92 Offline

Adventure Team and the people putting this on are also doing another event May 14-15 in DFW. Looks like fun: Dan and I are interested, and probably going.

linky: TEXAS OUTDOOR EXPO

post up on SWXC if you are interested so Adventure Team knows who to expect!

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#124078 - 05/05/05 11:33 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Ramstein92 Offline

Dates and locations are set

July 30, New Braunsfels
Aug 20, Houston
Sept 10, Fort Worth

http://www.texaswakeboardtour.com/

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#124079 - 15/07/05 05:21 PM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Ramstein92 Offline

Anyone in the Austin, New Braunsfels etc area still interested? Lemme know and the promoters can hook you up with free admission and all!

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#124080 - 16/07/05 05:43 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
I'd like to attend and help if needed. Scott please get me the info.

If anyone else is going please let me know.

#124081 - 22/07/05 03:29 PM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Handbrake asked if I could get her in as well. Think that's possible? She's interested in going for a bit. Hmmmm, maybe park her car outside we drive in for a while then leave after lunch or sumpin.

#124082 - 22/07/05 07:56 PM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
shiner Offline

Loc: tx
intereseted, but need time on saturday to see if i can work it out. checked out their web site and didn't give any info on time. anybody plan on going to the pre-party friday night?

#124083 - 23/07/05 08:20 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

hook me up with some info....I might be able to go. [ThumbsUp]

#124084 - 23/07/05 08:43 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a noob, but im planning on going. I dont think that I will make it to the pre-party though. The one in New Braunfels.

#124085 - 24/07/05 10:12 AM Re: Texas Wakeboard Tour
Ramstein92 Offline

You guys gotta be there at 0730 on Saturday to park and 'set up'. Bill Geiger will be on-hand to point you all to where he would like you to park. TWT and NNA just want you all to display your vehicles and have a good time. Nutin' too it.

Roger (xterraintx) has 'volunteered' smile to be a point of contact if you need anything. Patrick is bringing a tent of sorts to park the vehicles under I believe.

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal