2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124201 - 19/01/04 03:17 PM Why T.N.T. ???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[QUOTE] Why have two clubs serving the same people in the same area? Seems like a waste of resources.
These two clubs server similar purposes but they are not the same. Texas Nissan Trucks serves the Nissan Truck Line while Southwestern Xterra Club serves the Xterra line (which it should do). The constitutions are very similar but also quite different.

If you would like more specific information read the constitution .

#124202 - 19/01/04 03:36 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
So how much are annual dues? (it says that not paying them can be grounds for expulsion)

If you are going to rip off our By-Laws at least make them fit your club :-P

#124203 - 19/01/04 03:42 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Anonymous
Unregistered

dues are $0 right now and so far every member is paid up. [Finger]

That was left in because there will come a time when we have to have dues. Not to mention that SWXC's by-laws were ripped from a template. [LOL]

#124204 - 19/01/04 03:47 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by System-f:
That was left in because there will come a time when we have to have dues. Not to mention that SWXC's by-laws were ripped from a template. [LOL]
Actually myself and another of the founders got help from the Texas Z Club in forming our charter(from their charter) They were kind enough to work with us to mold it to fit what we were creating.

#124205 - 19/01/04 03:57 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I copied the SWXC's constitution right from the site and spent quite some time going over them. Then I gave it to the members to go over it. We had many revisions, and finally voted in the final draft which you read. Then we voted for officers. We haven't had a need to vote for amendments yet, although one is in the works.

This is not a half assed attempt at a club, it's the real deal. We have a checking (Gary?) account, website, and good member/club support. I take an active role as the president in TNT as well as TNT <-> SWXC co-event cordination. Any SWXC member is already a valid TNT member so they desire. Right now the only perks to being a TNT member are webspace, organized event cordination, and mod parties (tool usage).

#124206 - 19/01/04 06:56 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
Keith, did I pay up? I can't remember. [LOL]
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#124207 - 19/01/04 07:49 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
There was a bit of explanation left out regarding the money. For the time being, we're handling the club's monetary needs through member donations.

To me, asking why TNT when there's already an SWXC is exactly the same as asking why GONE Moab when there's already a GOX? (though I admit don't know which one came first)

Does one take away from the other - or do they both broaden the membership base and bring more enthusiasm to the Nissan community?

#124208 - 20/01/04 10:33 AM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Carlton McMillan Offline

GOX came first and has always been Xterra exclusive. GONE is for all Nissans.

SWXC has never been an all exclusive club.

#124209 - 20/01/04 10:42 AM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
SWXC has never been an all exclusive club.
Yup I know.

#124210 - 20/01/04 11:24 AM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
surfingteacher Offline

Put it this way Carolton....

What if there were no SWXC, but there was a SWPC for Pathfinders. All real nice guys, and they say you can come to any event and hang out and participate. And you can even become an ASSOCIATE member, but you can never vote on any issues. How would that make you feel? Wouldn't you want to start your own club? That is why TNT was formed. TNT doesn't discriminate on what model Nissan Truck you drive, it includes all Nissan trucks.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#124211 - 20/01/04 11:56 AM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
Put it this way Carolton.....
Carlton (only one "o")

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
What if there were no SWXC, but there was a SWPC for Pathfinders. All real nice guys, and they say you can come to any event and hang out and participate. And you can even become an [b]ASSOCIATE member, but you can never vote on any issues. How would that make you feel? Wouldn't you want to start your own club? That is why TNT was formed. TNT doesn't discriminate on what model Nissan Truck you drive, it includes all Nissan trucks.[/b]
Well I would ask why can't associate members vote. Currently there is change planed within the SWXC constitution to change that.

If the voting issue is at the heart of this then it is moot. At the start of the SWXC there were not enough of the "other" vehicles to warrent the change to the constitution. Now there is. So we are changing to fit the changeing population of our membership.

I still maintain that it is better to speak as one voice rather than a splintered group.

#124212 - 20/01/04 01:31 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
surfingteacher Offline

I thought, and this was how it was explained to me, that associate members could not vote, because first and foremost, SWXC was an Xterra club. If you had a large influx of say Frontiers, they could start swinging the vote their way, and the whole focus of the xterra club would no longer be xterras.

Oh yeah, and sorry, "Carlton"
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#124213 - 20/01/04 01:35 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
I am not taking sides here. Just a member talking.

Do you know what to do if you catch a fish that is too small? Let it go...

The SWXC club meeting is this weekend, and it would seem alot of this just may be resolved then. Do I know something you all don't. No. But I do know who is going to be at the meeting, and I do know people are allowed to suggest an idea and put it to a vote at the meeting.

Please, let's just bite our tounges for four more days, or take this off line. Both clubs may be scaring away potential newbies here. smile

C-ya on Saturday in Waco! smile
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#124214 - 20/01/04 02:19 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
This is something that we can definitely bring up at a meeting. Like Carlton said, in the past there wasn't a huge desire to have voting rights or be officers. If this is a big sore spot we can talk about it and maybe change it. Is the name of the club that important?

Like Carlton said the bigger the numbers, the more advantages it has and also joining an already established club we already have some nice advantages. You may eventually have similar things but we have compiled this over the years to offer these to our members.

I'm not trying to pick sides as both have valid thoughts and I guess now I just have some questions in mind for what is trying to be accomplished. What are you looking to gain by making a new club? Is it just the name? Is it the voting rights? I just want to understand a little better.

Daniel
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#124215 - 20/01/04 02:39 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
It doesn't really matter. The club has already been started and will continue to exist. I will be joining SWXC whether the rules are changed or not. The voting thing doesn't bother me in the least either way really. This whole thing formed from the group of people on the AC Texas forum. We had members from both clubs at the mod day, and it was the biggest yet. The run at Barnwell on the 7th looks like it will be huge as well, and members of both clubs will be attending.

I guess I just don't understand why anyone cares if we have a different club. SWXC is an Xterra club, and IMO should always be. TNT is a Nissan truck club, and will always be.

#124216 - 20/01/04 03:02 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Carlton McMillan Offline

If voting rights or club name is not the issue..is this simply an AC thing?

By adding more clubs to a given area you dilute all clubs involved. There are only so many resources (sponsors, events etc. ) that can be had and because of that we have to look out for the best interest of our members.

I will wait till after this Saturday to say more.

#124217 - 20/01/04 03:18 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know about you guys, but I am looking forward to the 24th and the 7th. The 24th will be a great chance for me to see what some of you fools [Finger] have done to your trucks...gives me some ideas to role around in my head for my wishIhadaframepathfinder.

The 7th is going to be an awesome show of Nissan prowess at Barnwell. I foresee a mass of Tennessee metal that will make most other groups really wonder what is going on with the Nissan community in Texas, and what is it about these mysterious trucks that attracts all of these weird guys?!?!?

#124218 - 20/01/04 03:23 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Anonymous
Unregistered

not to get off the subject,
Quote:
Do you know what to do if you catch a fish that is too small? Let it go...

but where does that come from? If there's no slot limit, I put a hook in it and throw it out using it for bait.. laugh
As you were.

#124219 - 20/01/04 03:35 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Anonymous
Unregistered

MMmMMM I miss fried fish. There is this catfish place down in Granbury that always has such good fish. It used to be BYOB. The only problem with that place is the water. On that side of the lake all of the wells have a high sulfer content so you need to bring your own ice was well....damn good catfish though.

#124220 - 20/01/04 04:07 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Anonymous
Unregistered

What's stopping you now from enjoying a big, hot,& greasy platter of fried catfish,hushpupies,and fries with some slaw? Oh, and hot sc, lots of hot sc. laugh
Don't let anyone hold you back man!

#124221 - 20/01/04 04:43 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Anonymous
Unregistered

damn and you had to mention the Hot sauce...shit it's been too long. I really don't think about some of the simple things you enjoy until you slow down a little and ignore everything around you. I hope that place in Waco has some good fish.

#124222 - 20/01/04 04:47 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
What's stopping you now from enjoying a big, hot,& greasy platter of fried catfish,hushpupies,and fries with some slaw? Oh, and hot sc, lots of hot sc. laugh
Don't let anyone hold you back man!
Droooollllll! That sounds awesome right now.

#124223 - 20/01/04 10:46 PM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Anonymous
Unregistered

chris i tried calling u back at 8, but no answer. I need 19" more of 3x5...

#124224 - 21/01/04 07:53 AM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rb42:

Ah well.. I won't be making it to the meeting, so that's my take..

-=RB
I thought your take was -should I remove my "I am cheap and have not paid to be in the SWXC sticker"

#124225 - 21/01/04 07:53 AM Re: Why T.N.T. ???
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by rb42:
Just to add some fuel to the fire...
How about we take this to a higher level of maturity and not do that. We are all acutley aware of the differences between the SWXC and TNT by now; we all moved on to talking about fried fish. You openly quit the SWXC, so, why come and stir the pot? Please take it off line.

(If you want to add fuel to any fire, may I ask you put it under the fish grill? Thx smile )
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal