2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124653 - 17/11/03 09:58 PM So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
Wanted to start a new thread for just Barnwell info. I'm planning on going. Who all thinks they're going at this point? What are yalls plans? I'm just going to head there sometime Saturday morning then come back that night most likely. I'm excited though! First real offroading trip.

The List(so far):

PoorBoy [Jonathan]
xterraintx [Roger]
surfingteacher
RReuscher [Robert]
2001frontier [Chris]
System-f
redxhead
Kaiser442 (possibly)

#124654 - 18/11/03 07:44 AM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Jonathan, I am going for sure!!! Supposed to meet John from Vicksburg, probably Friday night. Will be on CB 5 and FRS 5... you still have my cell #? If not email me. We will meet you at the main gate.

OK, who else is going??? he beat me to the post smile

#124655 - 18/11/03 08:08 AM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
leaving sometime Friday between 3 and 5. will be on frs 5 and cb 5. staying all weekend
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#124656 - 18/11/03 08:12 AM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
I will most likely come early Saturday morning. I'll have the FRS, CB and Ham radio!
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#124657 - 18/11/03 09:43 AM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
UTJMAC Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I'm still planning on it, but its dependant on some parts coming in this week.
John

#124658 - 18/11/03 10:06 AM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welp, unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I won't have my truck back untill next week, and the 'significant other' doesn't quite get me going without MY truck.

I'll save the point for when I need them next time. You guys have a blast, and send back some pics!

#124659 - 18/11/03 04:52 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
also, for those who have been, I've read stuff about the "pinstriping" being bad at Barnwell... How bad is it? and what could I do to avoid it? Is it just light scratches that can come out with a good wash and buff and wax? yeah yeah, I know, "it adds character", but I like the character my Xterra has without tons of scratches! haha, sorry for being a baby. [Crybaby] Just curious. I've heard that putting a couple of extra coats of wax helps... confused

#124660 - 18/11/03 05:22 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
It really depends on the trail, and how they have been maintained. I am going along with a bunch of other guys from the AC board.

#124661 - 18/11/03 05:26 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where the hell is this place?, I live in lubbock but if I knew where it was I might show up. Hell I could be the entertainment, ya'll could point and laugh at the F'n new guy tearen his rig up.

#124662 - 18/11/03 05:54 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Near Gilmer Texas, only 478 miles from Lubock.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#124663 - 18/11/03 06:13 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

hell, I could do that standing on my head.

#124664 - 18/11/03 06:46 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am in, probably leaving Saturday morning..not sure though. If I leave Friday night we won't get there until 11pm or so

#124665 - 18/11/03 07:59 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
surfingteacher Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PoorBoy:
also, for those who have been, I've read stuff about the "pinstriping" being bad at Barnwell... How bad is it? and what could I do to avoid it?
You could have gotten white. Doesn't show up on mine at all [LOL] not that i have been able to find. I wouldn't worry so much about it.

I'll be there Friday night...frs 5 cb 5, unless I'm to far away from the truck, or the radios to loud or I'm just to drunk [LOL]
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#124666 - 18/11/03 08:15 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i would go but my bearinf and tie rods needs fixing and to top it off, the brakes are acting up. so, next time, guys.

#124667 - 19/11/03 07:27 AM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I got a couple of minor stripes the last time... I think they would polish out but I haven't tried yet.

Don't listen to 2001Frontier - his truck looks like Freddy Krueger went after it (Sorry, Chris!)

If you want to wax before you go - do it NOW and then wash it again once or twice... I waxed mine the day before going last time and it attracted dirt like crazy.

Oh - forgot to answer the question: I'm still planning on going late Friday night - but I've got some family issues that may stop me right up until the last minute.

#124668 - 19/11/03 05:00 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I'm out. [Crybaby]

We just don't have the funds or the time to make the trip. Ya'll have a god time and take lots of pictures.

#124669 - 19/11/03 07:36 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
shiner Offline

Loc: tx
no can do. almost had wife convinced for trip until she discovered i bought some stuff for us.. uh.....the x. wait till she sees her christmas present... [Argue] everybody have fun, drink a beer for me, and post some pics.

#124670 - 19/11/03 07:49 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Kaiser Offline

NO no NO... we will not have mass back-out like they had for the Slabs... tell 'em to get their bitch asses back in the kitchen and make you some PAHHHH!!!

#124671 - 19/11/03 07:53 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I really expect to go but if there is another mass-back-out like there was for the slabs I'm not going. My wife's birthday is on Friday so I won't be heading up until Saturday morning from Austin. Once I get there how do I get to where you all will be? (Never been there) [Huh?]

#124672 - 19/11/03 08:04 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Kaiser Offline

Between here and the AC board there are at least a dozen confirmed... so it should be a big-ish event regardless.

Ways to find us:
1) CB Channel 5
2) FRS Channel 5 - no codes
3) The campsite is at the bottom of the trail called Angry Jeep
4) Look for a lot of Nissans.

#124673 - 19/11/03 10:02 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
2001frontier Offline

If we end up with a whole assload of trucks we should split up in a couple groups. A line of a dozen trucks on a trail sucks if you run into traffic, and it takes forever.

My truck is the ugly duckling for sure, but as long as it keeps going up the hills I am happy.

#124674 - 20/11/03 05:33 AM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
surfingteacher Offline

I am NOT backing out, even if I have to go by myself. I need to get out of town for the weekend, go camping, drive some trails and get stupid....ugh, I mean drunk. smile
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#124675 - 20/11/03 02:15 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Like I said, Chris, I will take some of the guys on the lower level trails and leave you other guys to take the more challenging ones. Most of the seasoned Xs will want to tackle hard trails.

#124676 - 20/11/03 03:46 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Kaiser Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by System-f:
Like I said, Chris, I will take some of the guys on the lower level trails and leave you other guys to take the more challenging ones. Most of the seasoned Xs will want to tackle hard trails.
Yeah, I figure I'll just set my cruise control at about 40 and go down Air Strip... shoulnd't be a big deal...

Actually, I really liked doing the 2 star runs like Xtrail (think a 2WD could do that one?)... I'll mainly be looking for those... maybe one or two 3 stars.

#124677 - 20/11/03 04:21 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
surfingteacher Offline

Kaiser, why 40? why not just punch it and see how far you can launch it? [LOL]
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#124678 - 20/11/03 04:45 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not sure about the climb out of Xtrail, it is almost as abad as angry jeep , and we know what a 2wd had to do to get up angry jeep..

#124679 - 20/11/03 06:48 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

xtrail is no problem for 2wd...exit is not a problem. a lot of the trails i had no problem riding in, even a few 4 diamond. only problemn is the exit.
hey, u guys have a blas man. mine is stil sitting att he shop.

#124680 - 20/11/03 08:21 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
surfingteacher Offline

For some reason, i remember the exit out of angry jeep as worse than the exit out of xtrail. Don't trust Keith. he wasn't with us, remember? he was off blowing a driveshaft, or something, on twister when we went through xtrail.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#124681 - 20/11/03 10:32 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Griffin2020 Offline

Loc: D/FW Metroplex, TX
Xtrail was not that bad, since the big rock at the end has washed out. Just lots of loose rocks on a fairly steep incline...momentum is everything.

#124682 - 20/11/03 11:07 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Kaiser Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
For some reason, i remember the exit out of angry jeep as worse than the exit out of xtrail. Don't trust Keith. he wasn't with us, remember? he was off blowing a driveshaft, or something, on twister when we went through xtrail.
After he and Matt dropped off the Pathfinder, they rode with me and we did a few trails, including Xtrail again (we couldn't find the group thanks to the crappy range of FRS). I wouldn't say that the last part of Xtrail is any easier than Angry Jeep... and it's much longer. I think a 2WD could do it - they would just have to be pretty brave with the gas.

See you folks tomorrow. My current plan is still to leave from Wylie around 9 if anyone is looking to caravan... not sure if I'll take I-20 or I-30 - it's about the same from here.

My friend Chris is also going to try to come with his big ass 4WD Chevy pickup.... should be interesting (that bastard got a mechanical locker standard mad )

#124683 - 20/11/03 11:17 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

we will probably be leaving around 10pm - 11pm..

#124684 - 21/11/03 05:42 AM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
surfingteacher Offline

Still planning on leaving before 5, probably 4;30. As soon as I can get home and throw everything in the x. Everything is sitting in the garage. All I have to do is back up and throw it in. Then I have to gas it up and get ice. Starting to get a little anxious smile
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#124685 - 21/11/03 07:28 AM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
UTJMAC Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I was putting this off as long as possible....
Doesn't look like I'm coming.

There are a few odds and ends on the Jeep I still need to fix (alternator, shocks, some wiring). I thought about towing it there and fixing it at camp tonight, but it would just be too much to a time intenxiev thing.
I planning on spending the weekend on it and working out some more bugs. I'll definately be at the next one guys, and I'll definatly be bringing beer [Too much XOC] .
You guys have fun...and be careful.
John

#124686 - 21/11/03 07:54 AM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Kaiser Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
Still planning on leaving before 5, probably 4;30. As soon as I can get home and throw everything in the x. Everything is sitting in the garage. All I have to do is back up and throw it in. Then I have to gas it up and get ice. Starting to get a little anxious smile
Looks like you're going to be pretty much alone until late... I probably won't get there until midnight. You'd better not be s-faced and running around nekkid when we get there!

If you get really bored you can go trim back Xtrail!

#124687 - 21/11/03 08:46 AM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
OK John... next time!!!!! Just let me know.

Since John won't be there tonight... I will leave in the morning...arrive around 9:30. That way my son can drive up tonight and tag along.

I am there and spending tomorrow night. fajitas anyone ???

254-715-8328 cell CB 5 FRS 5

#124688 - 21/11/03 12:24 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
surfingteacher Offline

As long as I'm not the only one there allnight. I might get scared. eek I can't promise I won't be on my way to being Shit faced, but I won't be running around nakid. [Wave]
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#124689 - 21/11/03 02:10 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

No NO NO MONakye will be there tonight, he left houston at 1pm and I will be there LATE tonight... I am going to try to remember to bring a weed wacker

#124690 - 21/11/03 02:33 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Kaiser Offline

Quote:
No NO NO MONakye will be there tonight, he left houston at 1pm and I will be there LATE tonight... I am going to try to remember to bring a weed wacker
Poor Monakey - he's been posting his schedule over and over and nobody can remember.

Hey Keith - remind me to give you the CD I burned for you... I was on your site earlier listening to those little music clips you posted and I think you might like (or at least not hate like everyone else) this. It's PAL - M@rix... ever hear of it?

#124691 - 21/11/03 03:32 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes, in fact i think i have some PAL at home, just haven't listened to much of it.. I am going to get so wasted Saturday night... I have a DD anyways..

#124692 - 21/11/03 11:58 PM Re: So who's going to Barnwell this weekend?
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
yes, in fact i think i have some PAL at home, just haven't listened to much of it.. I am going to get so wasted Saturday night... I have a DD anyways..
Well I got the bumper put on. It ain't done, but it is done enough. If anyone sees this I will probably be out there aroun 12 or 1 tomorrow. I still gotta put my skid plates on. I also am going to make some ghetto tabs for my lights. I want to do some serious night runnin' tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal