2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#125318 - 30/08/04 12:59 PM Caravan to Katemcy???
Happy Birthday xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
OK, who is going and do we want to Caravan?

I still need a spotter frown

Any volunteers.. of course we split anything we may acquire smile

#125319 - 30/08/04 03:47 PM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
Roger,

Matt Uhl will spot for you. He is good.

I'll call about caravaning. But what about food?

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#125320 - 30/08/04 05:09 PM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Matt SE-V6 has moved. I am talking about Matt Uhl, my friend. You guys know he has been out there many times before. He was with me when I rolled into a tree and Roger got way too tipsy. He even spotted for Roger before. It's no biggie, Roger, someone will spot for you.

The guy on the left.. Matt Uhl

#125321 - 30/08/04 06:00 PM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Anonymous
Unregistered

well i guess one spoter per vehicle...so if Matt cannot spot we have Glen and some others that will be available. Lots of people are going that are NOT competeing

#125322 - 31/08/04 04:05 AM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???

That would be GR8 if Matt could spot... I am actually good with anybody we have wheeled with!

Not sure when we plan on arriving Friday night. Fajitas are always an easy meal. I will bring meat and fixins. Mornings we can make egg beaters and sausage. I will bring my grill.

Sat night they have a BBQ with the band and such. I think it's like 7 bucks so I am going for that.

If we have a lot of people maybe somebody else can bring fixins to share just in case.

So when is everybody leaving?

#125323 - 31/08/04 06:49 AM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I still haven't decided... it'll either be very late Friday or very early Saturday (the comp is Sat morning, right?)

Becky would like to come after she gets out of work on Sat afternoon as well - but only if there are DEFINITELY going to be some people staying over and wheeling on Sunday.... anyone?

EDIT - when are you going, Jason? Maybe we could caravan.

EDIT EDIT - Roger, if the timing is okay for you (you're probably wanting to go earlier, but...) it would be cool to meet up with you in Waco (or wherever) and caravan from there.

#125324 - 31/08/04 03:09 PM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???

I am heading down on Friday. I want to be there when they start and don't want to have just driven all that way and then compete.

If not competeing Saturday drive up / down would be fine.

I am not working so I can leave anytime on Friday or wait for you poor working soles smile

Let me know if you want to meetup.

#125325 - 31/08/04 03:35 PM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Kaiser Offline

We've been talking today on TNT - looks like we've got a small caravan started for late late Friday night. Going to meet up at Keith's place at 10:30pm and take 377 all the way down (that's his plan and I'm just following along). That probably cuts out anyone not from DFW tho.

#125326 - 31/08/04 05:07 PM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Roger I don't think Doug is going to let Matt spot as it's one spotter per driver. We WILL Find you someone we have wheeled with, maybe Doug will let another driver spot for you and then I will do it.

One thing I am not sure about, calroc rules say a snell or Dot approved helmet is required. I have a helmet approved by both..I will bring it, it is clean and open face so it won't get in your way too much.

#125327 - 31/08/04 07:03 PM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Ramstein92 Offline

From what I understand, they will have helmets we can use/borrow.

(and remember, KIK is using Calrocs SCORING, not everything else)

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#125328 - 01/09/04 07:22 AM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Kaiser Offline

Remind me and I can bring my yellow motocross helmet.... only used once! (damn POS ignition mad bike no workee anymore [Crybaby] )

We've also been discussing the spotter thing - I'm free to spot for anyone and would be happy to do it... but as I'm not especially good at it, you might want to save me as a last resort

#125329 - 01/09/04 04:35 PM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Ramstein92 Offline

Ok, these topics have been spread out, so lets consolidate.

I am leaving at 0900 from DFW and going to take 377. Anyone want to go with me/meet up about that time? (Glen, if you are going to spot, you *may* not want to arrive at 0200 in Katemcy as there is a mandatory meeting at 0800, but your call.)

Food: Roger and I are gong to do fajitas Friday night as no one has mentioned anything else. If you want to bring stuff to throw into the pot so-to-speak (ie share), you are more than welcome. If you wanna bring your own and not share, you are more than welcome too. Be advised: sharing is TWO way. smile

Saturday night is a BBQ on site ($7 or so) which we are planning on doing.

If you wanna do something else Friday night, speak up, or fajias it is.

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#125330 - 01/09/04 08:59 PM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bastards, gonna have Fajita's and not even invite me???????????

Looks like we have over 30 vehicles entered. 200 spectators expected and a bunch of good times.

Things I read in this thread that I want to comment on.

No helmets are require or will be provided. I suggest you wear one, it's up to you to supply it.

Drivers meeting at 8:15

Try to be there early to register. Find my wife

Good times had by all. Find me Saturday and ask me about the spotter thing. Don't be disappointed if I'm not in a good mood and say no.

I'm not a morning person and this event has grown by 100 percent in the last week.

Lets have a good time, make sure to come up and introduce yourself. Say hi.

Don't be disappointed if I dont' remember your name. I terrible with names. Tell me again. (And to think I a fawkin' salesman)

MAKE SURE YOU PICK UP ALL YOUR TRASH. Do not leave it at your campsite. PACK IT OUT

I am leaving Thursday night and will be out of pocket on the computer. If you need me, call my cell. 214-215-0870

#125331 - 01/09/04 09:20 PM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Kaiser Offline

We are always very conscientious about leaving it better than we found it etc laugh

#125332 - 01/09/04 09:27 PM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Anonymous
Unregistered

And if you have a FRS radio or 8 I can borrow, bring them, just make sure you get them back from me.

#125333 - 02/09/04 05:30 AM Re: Caravan to Katemcy???
Ramstein92 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cowtowner:
Bastards, gonna have Fajita's and not even invite me???????????
It's a Nissan thing, you wouldn't understand. smile

I have a couple of FRSs you can borrow.

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal