2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126242 - 14/01/04 11:19 AM Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

My first baby was born yesterday at 9:24 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 3 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long! Yipee!!!! laugh

#126243 - 14/01/04 11:39 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
[ThumbsUp]
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#126244 - 14/01/04 11:42 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Hey, you can't post that here!!! wink

Naw - congratulations, man! That's awesome.

#126245 - 14/01/04 11:45 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good for you brother, now the fun really starts and I mean that. I have three kids two boys and a girl.
Once again, Congrats! [ThumbsUp]

#126246 - 14/01/04 11:48 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

congrats

#126247 - 14/01/04 01:28 PM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
Great, now down to the important stuff....when is he making his first Barnwell run?

Congrats.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#126248 - 14/01/04 01:31 PM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Congrats.... more important will you now be able to make a Barnwell run ? [Crybaby]

Just kiddin... hope to see you and family too at the meeting.

#126249 - 14/01/04 04:13 PM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Just hope he dosent grow up to be like me laugh cause if he does your in for the ride of your life. Congrats man.

#126250 - 14/01/04 05:25 PM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
ROKN_X Offline

[ThumbsUp]

Congrats!

#126251 - 14/01/04 08:03 PM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
The fun really starts when they are born? Yeah... well, and so far, my fun hasn't ended with mine just hitting 3. It's just shifted from all night to when he's awake (and has his attitudes. smile )

Enjoy them while you can hold em in one hand. In a couple years, you'll swear there was no way they were ever that small.

-=RB

(PS - I forgive ya if you stop offroading as much now.. mine sure rearranged my outlook and lifestyle!)

#126252 - 15/01/04 10:52 PM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks to all. He and my wife should be coming home tomorrow morning.

By the way, I have been to Barnwell and I will again. I got lucky the other day and came across a whole mess of trails over in the Cedar Park area off of Lime Creek Rd. I wheeled for about 2 hours over all sorts of terrain. If anyone is interested I can show where it is exactly. There was only one section that was about 100 yards up a pretty steep incline that I almost didn't make because it was all loose rocks and dirt but after getting enough momentum made it all the way up. It was the most fun I've had since Barnwell. Let me know who may be interested. See ya! cool

#126253 - 16/01/04 01:04 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would love to know where and maybe even ride them parts very soon! im sure that austinbrtndr would like to join us

#126254 - 16/01/04 05:48 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Yeah... I'd like to know myself... be nice to finally find a different local place to go... You wanna head back out there anytime soon?

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#126255 - 16/01/04 09:14 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by redxhead:
Thanks to all. He and my wife should be coming home tomorrow morning.

By the way, I have been to Barnwell and I will again. I got lucky the other day and came across a whole mess of trails over in the Cedar Park area off of Lime Creek Rd. I wheeled for about 2 hours over all sorts of terrain. If anyone is interested I can show where it is exactly. There was only one section that was about 100 yards up a pretty steep incline that I almost didn't make because it was all loose rocks and dirt but after getting enough momentum made it all the way up. It was the most fun I've had since Barnwell. Let me know who may be interested. See ya! cool
Hey man stay off our racing roads. laugh

#126256 - 17/01/04 01:25 PM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

My newborn will be coming home soon from the hospital. Once he's here I'll be able to go out. Send my your phone number for a possible trip out on Sunday. Possible is the key word. I'm sure you understand if you have any children. cool

#126257 - 23/01/04 12:04 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

congratulations redxheaad
my guy is 2 and he is so damn cool!
there is nothing like it on the planet
i remember people telling me how cool kids are
and how they change the way you think
i was saying yeah yeah whatever
all the way til he was born
then he poped out and i said
O yeah! now i get it
and it just keeps getting better
congratulations again !!

#126258 - 23/01/04 11:30 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
I got lucky the other day and came across a whole mess of trails over in the Cedar Park area off of Lime Creek Rd. I wheeled for about 2 hours over all sorts of terrain.
Okay, where abouts in Cedar Park is this?

I live in Cedar Park . . .

#126259 - 25/01/04 08:26 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Graham,

austinbrtdr and i are going out today around 12:30 or so. I hope you get this in time so you can go too. IF not, from the intersection of 620 and 2222, take 2222 over 620 west so you are on Buck Hollow. Follow it all the way down until you get to the T which i believe is Volente Rd. Take a left and go all the way down to Lime Creek Rd. Take a right and go down a few miles and look for a Volente Realty sign on the right that has some rocks placed on the bottom of it. It's a little hard to see the rocks so look hard. RIght there, take a right and follow the trail. The last time I was there I came across someone driving up the trail as I was leaving. He said that the owners of the property really don't want people with 4wd vehicles there but this place is so awesome I think it's worth it for a few short trips. It might even be worth our while to talk to them about maybe paying a fee to use their land for a few trips. Kind of like Barnwell i guess.

#126260 - 25/01/04 09:12 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Quote:
Graham,

austinbrtdr and i are going out today around 12:30 or so. I hope you get this in time so you can go too. IF not, from the intersection of 620 and 2222, take 2222 over 620 west so you are on Buck Hollow. Follow it all the way down until you get to the T which i believe is Volente Rd. Take a left and go all the way down to Lime Creek Rd. Take a right and go down a few miles and look for a Volente Realty sign on the right that has some rocks placed on the bottom of it. It's a little hard to see the rocks so look hard. RIght there, take a right and follow the trail. The last time I was there I came across someone driving up the trail as I was leaving. He said that the owners of the property really don't want people with 4wd vehicles there but this place is so awesome I think it's worth it for a few short trips. It might even be worth our while to talk to them about maybe paying a fee to use their land for a few trips. Kind of like Barnwell i guess.
There is a reason there are no tresspassing signs on the property. That is a wildlife preserve out there. Its not advisable to go out onto someones property especially this guy.

#126261 - 25/01/04 10:14 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

There actually are not any "no trespassing" signs at all. There is a fence that divides the property that the LCRA has put up but the entrance to this trail has no such signs. It is not a preserve yet for sure. The last time I was there I saw a surveying crew and they said it will be a few years before it is a preserve.

#126262 - 25/01/04 02:14 PM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok...I figure I better get on here before Kraig does. We went out to the trail and were able to wheel for almost 2 hours without any trouble. Then the boys from Deliverance showed up. Since I had already been told one time a few days ago not to wheel there they weren't too happy with me. They wanted to see our i.d.'s and said they were going to call the sheriff. Kraig didn't wnat anything to do with that so he started to drive off. One of the guys tried blocking him by jumping in front of his x but Kraig wasn't having anything to do with it so he just drove off. I stuck around and talked with the guys and reasoned with them and they let me take off. One guy was a real jerk and said he was going to give our license plate numbers to the sheriff and let the sheriff decide if he wanted to do anything about it. Again, Kraig, sorry. There were not any "no trespassing" signs anywhere even though the guys that stopped us kept saying there were. Oh well, no harm done I guess. But I think that Kraig will confirm that is was definitely some of the better wheeling in the area. The soggy ground didn't give us very much fun to get up some areas but still a pretty good time overall. Say what you will but I think we need to keep exploring! If there were any legitimate signs anywhere saying we were'nt allowed there I would not have gone again, but there wasn't. They did mention something about a bird sanctuary or something. Fun while it lasted..... [LOL]

#126263 - 25/01/04 02:42 PM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Dont say I didnt warn you guys.

#126264 - 26/01/04 08:15 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Yeah... it was good times... I wanted to make friends with the guy in the feathered back mullet, but all he wanted to do was stand in front of my truck... now that's not very fun... [Crybaby] But when the inbred started asking how I'd like it in prison for running him over, then started telling me to "suck his dick", I figured it was time to leave... I'm MUCH to good looking for that... I mean, c'mon... 2 big nasty guys like that, attempting to block us from leaving a remote area like that... can you say: I know better than that... sorry to leave ya behind, Doug... [Wave]

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#126265 - 26/01/04 10:17 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Graham,

Glad I missed out.

#126266 - 26/01/04 11:18 AM Re: Sorry to be off Xterra Topic, but.....
babyX Offline

Perfect example of why people think off-roaders have no respect for other people and their land. They asked you to keep off, and you went back.

If you go back, make sure you're willing to give them Kraig as a peace offering. eek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal