2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126826 - 17/05/04 02:59 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doug asked for a picture of my Pathfinder..so I sent him an fugly pic.

Who cares about the competition stuff, lets have fun. I have the least capable vehicle and the best spotter!! who hoo

#126827 - 17/05/04 03:50 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by System-f:
Doug asked for a picture of my Pathfinder..so I sent him an fugly pic.

Who cares about the competition stuff, lets have fun. I have the least capable vehicle and the best spotter!! who hoo
You can't drive and be the spotter at the same time Keith....... [Smoking]

#126828 - 17/05/04 05:10 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
A few KIK FAQs

How many runs: Your entry fee will entitle you to AT LEAST 4 RUNS (possibly 5 depending on the amount of vehicles entered)

Are there separate courses for each class: No. Each class will run the same basic courses with special bonus sections/tough 'bypasses' for the more heavily modded classes.

Will we compete against the Jeeps: Yes. But as it has been mentioned, by doing this you will have a chance to win two prizes. One for the open/general class, and your time put head-to-head against the Nissans. There may even be a prize for Best Nissan Showing.

Rubicons and Z71s: Fall under the Baertrax class; no other way to make it fair.
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#126829 - 17/05/04 05:47 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

HAHAH Even in it's highly modified form Chris' Z71 isn't as capable as our Xs/ frontys and yes, even the caR50. confused 144" wheelbase tends to screw ya..

Herk, I suck at spotting and driving...but it's gonna be fun.

#126830 - 17/05/04 06:03 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
Quote:
Originally posted by Z71 Chris:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramstein92:
[b]The course will be laid (layed ?) out Friday before the run. NO PRERUNNING WILL BE ALLOWED. The event coordinators will run/walk the course for safety, but participants will not.

Also, unless we are 100% stock, we will not be running the stock rock crawler category. Stock is stock. There is very little flexibility in this class. Any of us who run the event will more than likely be in the Texas Off Road category. Don't worry though. The event coordinators have said this class is not as tough as it would seem. Now, the BaerTrax class is another story...

s
I'm stock! I'm Stock!!! smile YAY!!!! smile
of course the interesting thing is for stock it says no locker but stock LSD is allowed.. what happens if I have a stock factory Locker?[/b]
That throws you into the next class up...west texas redneck, or something like that. If I entered, that's what I would have to run, being locked front and rear.[/b]
damn.. I guess I'm out then.. doubt I could get my truck ready to compete in that class by then.
especially with my wheel base..

#126831 - 17/05/04 06:08 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
HAHAH Even in it's highly modified form Chris' Z71 isn't as capable as our Xs/ frontys and yes, even the caR50. confused 144" wheelbase tends to screw ya..

Herk, I suck at spotting and driving...but it's gonna be fun.
it's not modified at all. it's got cold air intake and engine programming. and that's it.
no other aftermarket performance items. I say performance cause of my light bar/bed rail combo.
those tires are factory size, the ride height is factory, the double damage to the crossmember is not factory though.

and yeah the wheel base is my biggest downfall.

#126832 - 17/05/04 06:09 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramstein92:
A few KIK FAQs

[b]Rubicons and Z71s:
Fall under the Baertrax class; no other way to make it fair.[/b]
well Jason.. why don't we work on yours. cause i won't stand a chance in this class.
according to the rules the Z71 would fall into the redneck catagory. as jason said. mine would anyway.

#126833 - 17/05/04 06:45 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

If Jason had the 6" lift and 33"s tire he would be as good as it gets out there..

#126834 - 17/05/04 07:30 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
If Jason had the 6" lift and 33"s tire he would be as good as it gets out there..
actually he can go to 35" tires. but that's alot to buy in a short time frame

#126835 - 17/05/04 08:22 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
OnlyOneDR Offline

Y'all are really trying to convince me to wreck my junk out there aren't y'all?

An All Nissan shootout huh? I will have to seriously think about this...

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#126836 - 18/05/04 05:34 AM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Ramstein92 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OnlyOneDR:
An All Nissan shootout huh?
YES smile

Again, for those who are contemplating running in the event, it is gonna be geared towards daily driver vehicles, not the custom monster rigs you see at some of the more extreme events. Heck, if I did not have a lift, my truck would fall under the stock class!
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#126837 - 18/05/04 06:40 AM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I am out. The amount of lift I have looks like it would push me up into one of the highest categories. I want to run it next year for sure.

#126838 - 18/05/04 07:05 AM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Ramstein92 Offline

So enter and compete against the rest of the Nissans...
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#126839 - 18/05/04 11:09 AM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
OnlyOneDR Offline

Chris I bet you would have a much better showing than I would, so go for it!

I do not have one so it does not matter to me, but what are the rules on winches? Or are the obstacles not really going to need them (yeah right).

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#126840 - 18/05/04 11:24 AM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Ramstein92 Offline

Will the obstacles need them? Never been there, but I doubt every trail/obstacle will. The goal is to get through the course without any outside aid other than your spotter telling you where to go. Yes, that can be challenging, but that is the point. smile

How is the event scored? Go HERE

After reading that some stuff makes alot of sense. For instance, the basic stock trail will be what everyone runs. There will be side 'gates' you can choose to tackle for additional points. These side gates will more than likely what the tougher class vehicles will run to get higher point totals. In short, you would not have to take the tougher course if you did not want to. (Although in bypassing, you point total for the more extreme groups will suffer, but who cares, it is for fun. smile )
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#126841 - 18/05/04 01:47 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
OK, where do I get a winchline weight bag ???

#126842 - 18/05/04 01:57 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

4 wheel should have one, Scott said he is emailing doug for clarification on the rules

#126843 - 18/05/04 04:11 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Ramstein92 Offline

Per Doug, KIK is gonna follow the CALROCS scoring rules. Saftey rules for KIK are posted on their website. Yes, they are different than the CALROCS rules.

Oh, per request from the event sponsors our portion of the competition is officially the Nissan Challenge and KIK is gonna be donating some webspace to it shortly. cool

Edit: See the first post. Shrockworks has stepped up to the plate!
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#126844 - 18/05/04 07:43 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, I found this thread by accident.

I will try to clarify anybodies questions and save from Scott having to email me all the time.

Also, I am very approachable, if you have any questions, email me. If I'm by the computer, I'll get back to you within the hour with an answer.

This event is geared towards the daily driver. Saying that, I've read on here that some of you are not going to compete because you are afraid that you won't stack up against the Jeeps in the Baertrax Class....that's hooey.

You know why? Because I have NO IDEA what the course is going to look like yet. It could very well favor a longer wheelbase vehicle...in fact, I'm sure some of them will.

If you have been to Katemcy, you will know, like Moab, lockers are over rated. But, we had to have a class for the 2 lockers just in case. It's really hard to divide classes based on lift and tire size only.

Also, we are not going to try to roll your rig. This isn't a UROC or CALROC's event intended to flop you on your side. With that said.....it could happen, I've also seen a buddy flop his Jeep in a Hotters Parking lot being stupid. eek

And besides, you guys have an event within the event. I'd like to thank your club and your President for basically arranging this for me. It has been a pleasure corresponding with Scott, you guys are truly lucky to have such a guy as president. Most Jeep Clubs I still haven't gotten a response to my email I sent them weeks ago.

Also, about when to get me the check/registration forms. The sooner the better, but I know as a working guy with 4 kids that money can be tight. If you can get the form to me with a $20 bill, I'll hold your spot. But beware, there are no refunds, and I will heckle you on any board I find you on if you back out on me and owe me money.

I hope to have a BIG turnout of Nissan's at the event. I am also trying to get a big turnout of Landcruisers as well (I own a FJ-40 as well as two Jeeps).

Again, if you have a question, email me.

And Kieth, that was my daughter who answered the door.....and she is off limits. [Finger]

#126845 - 18/05/04 07:45 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also, I may not remember to check this post since I found your board on accident, somebody email me once in a while if something comes up here [Finger]

#126846 - 18/05/04 10:21 PM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

well that has settled some issues.. and now must come up with cash. I think I'm gonna give it a whirl!

#126847 - 19/05/04 08:06 AM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Good explanation and now I feel better smile That said does anyone want to make a trip to Katemcy??? We would then be able to see for ourselves and explain to others that could not go! This month is full and I am on vacation the first two weeks of June but will go almost any weekend after that!

Let me know!!!!

#126848 - 19/05/04 09:22 AM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
And Kieth, that was my daughter who answered the door.....and she is off limits.
come on man, I am not at the dirty old man age yet..... [Finger]

#126849 - 19/05/04 09:24 AM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
That said does anyone want to make a trip to Katemcy??? We would then be able to see for ourselves and explain to others that could not go! This month is full and I am on vacation the first two weeks of June but will go almost any weekend after that!

Let me know!!!!
You read my mind, Roger..

#126850 - 19/05/04 11:58 AM Re: Karnage In Katemcy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
And Kieth, that was my daughter who answered the door.....and she is off limits.
come on man, I am not at the dirty old man age yet..... [Finger]
If you want to live to be a dirty old man..... [Finger]

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal