2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127090 - 25/09/03 05:09 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
hey zed... I can probably head up there with ya on the 10th... I think if we left pretty early on the 11th we should be ok, though... Jason, if you go on the 4th are you gonna go the next weekend, too?

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#127091 - 25/09/03 07:21 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still trying to figure it out. I'd like to, but October is already getting really full and our bank accounts are not.

#127092 - 25/09/03 07:29 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
Happy Birthday hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by goofiefoot:
and our bank accounts are not.
I hear that. The 11th may be my last trip till the new year so I hope its a good turnout.
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#127093 - 25/09/03 07:37 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Roger and I were thinking about heading up there Friday evening.. So if that works for you then that is what we will do.

#127094 - 25/09/03 06:24 PM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I hear that. The 11th may be my last trip till the new year so I hope its a good turnout.
So far it looks like I will be up there for the 11th, Herk, and Chris as long as we get his mods done in time.

#127095 - 25/09/03 06:49 PM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
I'm definitely coming on the 11th. Might come the week before as well, or maybe just go to the mod day. haven't really decided yet.

actually, i just noticed that the 11th is on a sat, anybody planning on going the 10th? I might try to take off Friday and go Friday afternoon.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#127096 - 26/09/03 04:46 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
austinbrtndr Offline

I'm either going the 10 or early on the 11th... doesn't really matter which... still gotta get gear, though...
just remembered... I haven't been camping since I was a kid... what the hell do I need? [Freak] Trying to get an air mattress for my truck, an axe, gas can, what the hell else do I need?

Kraig

#127097 - 26/09/03 05:28 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?

Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:
I'm either going the 10 or early on the 11th... doesn't really matter which... still gotta get gear, though...
just remembered... I haven't been camping since I was a kid... what the hell do I need? [Freak] Trying to get an air mattress for my truck, an axe, gas can, what the hell else do I need?
You don't need an awe or gas can. Just sleeping bags and stuff like that. Does anyone have a gas grill to take if Roger can't make it?
www.TheNewX.org

#127098 - 26/09/03 08:36 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
If I only had a vehicle that was large enough to sleep in...

#127099 - 26/09/03 11:00 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks like I'm in.

I'll probably go up Friday night after work, so Kraig and Clint, if you want to caravan, let me know.

A full-size air mattress fits great in the back of the X, sleeps wonderful. Other than that, you shouldn't need much more than food, drink and recovery gear (most of us have that anyway, but we'll charge you to use it laugh ) If you find you need an axe, you probably aren't on a trail.

I have a small gas grill I can bring if we need it.

#127100 - 26/09/03 11:29 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
austinbrtndr Offline

Axe for firewood? I dunno... maybe use it if you piss me off? What about a queen size air mattress? Will that fit?

Kraig

#127101 - 26/09/03 11:46 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think a queen size would be too wide and too long. My full-size barely squeezes in there. We usually bring firewood. There is probably some still stashed down there, and I'll bring several logs to add.

#127102 - 26/09/03 08:43 PM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

posted 09-25-2003 07:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far it looks like I will be up there for the 11th, Herk, and Chris as long as we get his mods done in time.
I think Chris will only have to worry about if he gets the new meats on and fitting wright to make the 11th on time........

Carlton, I'm glad I had a chance to meet you man and do a little bit of off-road trails with you too. Hey, I have inlaws in MN and family in PA. So me and the wife go up there to visit her family every year around Christmas time, anyway I would ride with you anytime if you ever want to hook up..... [Uh Oh !] Snow Monsters..

BTW Keith, are you bringing the video equipment on the 11th. I'll have the mini memory bit camera for short 16 sec and 3 min video flicks with sound, you maybe able to use some of them if you make a Barnwell II video for dubbin over or something..........

#127103 - 27/09/03 06:17 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?

Quote:
I think a queen size would be too wide and too long. My full-size barely squeezes in there. We usually bring firewood. There is probably some still stashed down there, and I'll bring several logs to add.
I use a queen size and it works very well. Its snug against the sides but it does fit.
www.TheNewX.org

#127104 - 27/09/03 06:18 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?

Quote:
So Jason your gonna make both weekends?
www.TheNewX.org

#127105 - 27/09/03 07:32 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
surfingteacher Offline

I get confused when you say Jason, are you talking to me or the other? I will definitely go the 10th, but I think I might pass on the 4th and just go to mod day instead. Still up in the air.

I have one of those small Coleman stoves, where half is a grill and the other half is a burner, only been used twice, so not real sure how well that works, but I can bring it. I do have a propane grill, but it won't fit in the X, if somebody with a truck maybe wanted to lug it along. Also have a large smoker, but it weighs like 200 lbs, and I really don't want to take the time to smoke anything, would rather run the trails.

So do most people just bring an air mattress and sleep in their x's, or do people bring tents? I've camped both ways, so not sure which I will do.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#127106 - 27/09/03 07:39 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
austinbrtndr Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
I get confused when you say Jason, are you talking to me or the other?
Talking about "goofie" Jason... you can be "Jason2" laugh ...
Quote:
So do most people just bring an air mattress and sleep in their x's, or do people bring tents? I've camped both ways, so not sure which I will do.
I'll probably be bringing an air mattress... finally get to put the X in SEX... laugh [Smoking] [Sleep]

Kraig

#127107 - 27/09/03 09:22 PM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
shiner Offline

Loc: tx
can't make oct 4th due to finances. frown three trips to dallas is a little much. so gotta settle for two trips. smile will go up the 10 or 11th. austin let me know.

if we need firewood, my dad has farmland with alot of wood. chainsaw and i are friends.

#127108 - 28/09/03 09:17 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I get confused when you say Jason, are you talking to me or the other? I will definitely go the 10th, but I think I might pass on the 4th and just go to mod day instead. Still up in the air.

I have one of those small Coleman stoves, where half is a grill and the other half is a burner, only been used twice, so not real sure how well that works, but I can bring it. I do have a propane grill, but it won't fit in the X, if somebody with a truck maybe wanted to lug it along. Also have a large smoker, but it weighs like 200 lbs, and I really don't want to take the time to smoke anything, would rather run the trails.

Jason was the most popular boys name the year I was born. I went to school with at least 10 in my graduating class. Believe me, I know what it's like to have "Jason confusion".

I usually sleep in my truck, mostly cause I'm lazy and don't want to set up my tent. It's much quicker to set up and tear down when you only have to move things around your truck.

Sooner or later, we'll need to start figuring out who's showing up when, what we're cooking for dinners, and coordinate what food to bring.

This will be fun.

#127109 - 28/09/03 02:25 PM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
austinbrtndr Offline

Quote:
[QUOTE]
This will be fun.
You're so gay... [Finger] hey... shackles will be in tomorrow... ordering snorkel tomorrow... you have any idea how to install... if not... Carlton... can you post pics of your snorkel under the hood, so I can figure out what I have to fab?

Kraig

#127110 - 28/09/03 05:09 PM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
surfingteacher Offline

i started a list at the beginning of this post of who is going and what weekend, just respond and I'll add names to the beginning to cut down confusion. I tried to get everybody's responses right, but there was some flip-flopping looking at the last three pages, so take a look and make sure. Just trying to be helpful.

Hattrick, sent my dues off this morning, so sometime this week you should get them, depending on how slow snail mail us between Richardson and wherever it is I sent it, Carrollton?or something.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#127111 - 29/09/03 07:53 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
4th
Calton
Roger
xterrainx
goofiefoot

11th
surfingteacher
hattrick
Herk
System-f
zed
goofiefoot(?)
austinbrtnder
Wow! Roger and xterraintx will be there at the same time? That's awesome! Roger is xterraintx laugh laugh

You can take the question mark off my name for the 11th. I'll be there.

#127112 - 29/09/03 07:56 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
surfingteacher Offline

I thought that they were, but was not sure.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#127113 - 29/09/03 09:51 AM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Add me to the 11th.

#127114 - 29/09/03 01:28 PM Re: October trip to Barnwell?
shiner Offline

Loc: tx
checking out the tmtc/bmra calender for october, and it shows closed to public use for a natrc competitive trail ride on october 3-5. does public use mean non-tmtc members or for everybody. i may not be going up that weekend, but was wandering if it would change things for those who are? just curious.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal