shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130010 - 19/01/04 01:35 PM Re: Mod Day 17th
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Why have two clubs serving the same people in the same area? Seems like a waste of resources.
TNT was formed because the Frontier and Pathfinder guys felt kind of left out of the SWXC... so there's a lot of membership overlap... but it's not exactly the same group.

It's always been made clear that SWXC invites anyone to come out and join in the fun - but I think some still felt like they were being tolerated rather than being a real part of the club... To me, the clubs are coexisting quite nicely. SWXC has a larger member base, great club discounts, and experienced people. TNT has the excitement and drive (read: activity level) of a new and smallish group.

I like both.

#130011 - 19/01/04 01:48 PM Re: Mod Day 17th
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser442:
I think some still felt like they were being tolerated rather than being a real part of the club...
Wow. Why?

Just a member speaking here:

Anyone can join. If they don't have an X, then they join as assoicates. As assoicates they are still entitled to discounts from our sponsors, get their pic on our website and all that good stuff. We never exclude anyone from our events; members and non members can attend. Heck come out in a Baja Beetle for all I care. If you need a hug to feel welcome, I'll give ya one. smile The more the merrier!

Please explain...
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#130012 - 19/01/04 02:30 PM Re: Mod Day 17th
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully.

I don't think anyone felt shunned by the club or unwelcome (keep in mind here that I'm still a noob to SWXC... I've had my Xterra since mid-2000 but I just joined the club in October or so... so my opinions are based on short-experience)... but the fact is that, even with a big "welcome, please come join us", it is still an Xterra club. The name kinda gives it away.

...and if I had a Frontier, though I would come out and try to be a part of the club, I'd still feel like I didn't quite belong and would be attracted by the idea of my own club (that included me in the name) where I fit in better and could be a full member. It's like going to your girlfriend's family reunion... you keep having to say "okay, well you don't know me... but you know Becky, right? I'm with her..."

The alternative would be to change SWXC to being SWNC or something... but then that fundamentally changes the nature of the club and most members probably would not want that (I don't even think I would.. I like feeling elite with my Xterra).

I do admit that it's a bit odd having the two groups so closely related... but TNT is drawing in a new set of people that I wouldn't have been able to meet otherwise - so I'm happy with it.

#130013 - 19/01/04 03:44 PM Re: Mod Day 17th
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser442:
Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully.

...and if I had a Frontier, though I would come out and try to be a part of the club, I'd still feel like I didn't quite belong and would be attracted by the idea of my own club (that included me in the name) where I fit in better and could be a full member. It's like going to your girlfriend's family reunion... you keep having to say "okay, well you don't know me... but you know Becky, right? I'm with her..."

I do admit that it's a bit odd having the two groups so closely related... but TNT is drawing in a new set of people that I wouldn't have been able to meet otherwise - so I'm happy with it.
So it is an ego thing? Just because we don't have Frontier or Hardbody or R50 in the club name people want to go off and start a new club? The SWXC has been operating for the past 4 years with Frontier (and other Nissan trucks) in the club with no problems. I wonder why now people feel the need to go off and make a special club. It really does not do either club much good. In the past there have never been enough of any of the previously mentioned model lines to have a club. What changed?

By making another club in the region it only weakens the numbers of people in both clubs. And we all know that there is strength in numbers. The more members one club has the more power it has to:

a) gain more members
b) get more sponsorship
c) have more events (because you have a more diverse croud)

So tell me again why this is a good thing?

#130014 - 19/01/04 03:59 PM Re: Mod Day 17th
Anonymous
Unregistered

alright this seems to be a bit negative.

Carlton if you have any issues you would like to discuss about Texas Nissan Trucks and it's exsistance feel free to give me a call at
817 235 9909 after 9pm tonight or any night for that matter.

#130015 - 19/01/04 05:16 PM Re: Mod Day 17th
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Why do you care Carlton? You live in freaking Minnesota now. [Finger]

Seriously though, there are now about 10-20 guys in TNT that I have never met before through SWXC. The whole thing started from the AC forum, and just kinda developed from there. As you know I have been going on runs and hanging out with SWXC for a couple years now. I have never felt unwelcome or anything like that either. There is room for two clubs to exist. Heck our trails at Barnwell cross each other. laugh

I think the main thing for us non-Xterra owners is the fact that we can only be associate members of SWXC. Overall, I think it is bringing the Nissan community here together, and bringing in a lot of new owners that have not previously been around.

#130016 - 19/01/04 06:54 PM Re: Mod Day 17th
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
I'm a proud member of both. Lots of us are members of both. And as soon as we come up with a sticker for TNT, I'll wear it proudly. What's the big deal? There isn't any tension or anger or resentment between the two. It's drawing more members together and offering more activities to participate in. I think its a great thing.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal