2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130493 - 26/01/07 09:22 PM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pcar993:
Stupid question but, for camping, what is needed? A tent, sleeping bag and??
Not much else. Beverage of your choice, maybe a shovel for, well, you know, and it doesn't hurt to bring some wood for the community fire.

#130494 - 27/01/07 08:01 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Stupid question but, for camping, what is needed? A tent, sleeping bag and??
It will probably be a bit chilly at night so you may want to bring about a million blankets.

It should be mentioned also that AFBDs are a good idea while in Johnson Valley. This area of SoCal has seen a lot of activity dating back to the 40s (George Van Tassel, Giant Rock, The Integratron). I lost the link when my computer mysteriously crashed, but I think Frank may still have it. Anyway, its always smart to play it safe when dealing with the Greys.

#130495 - 27/01/07 08:05 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Definitely what he said. Mitch is the authority in these matters.

#130496 - 27/01/07 08:51 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys this will be my first time out with the club looking forward to it. Mitch you think I can follow you to the chevron? I have never been there. confused

#130497 - 27/01/07 09:18 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Boats, if you want to meet up in Yucca Valley and then head out that's cool but I'm not going to the Chevron as its on the way. We can meet up with the group at Means Dry Lake staging area or where ever the local meet spot will be. We will probably be there in plenty of time as Brian's definition of 9 am is as flexible as his definition of stock friendly. smile

#130498 - 27/01/07 11:08 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mitch1351:
Quote:
[b]Stupid question but, for camping, what is needed? A tent, sleeping bag and??
It will probably be a bit chilly at night so you may want to bring about a million blankets.

It should be mentioned also that AFBDs are a good idea while in Johnson Valley. This area of SoCal has seen a lot of activity dating back to the 40s (George Van Tassel, Giant Rock, The Integratron). I lost the link when my computer mysteriously crashed, but I think Frank may still have it. Anyway, its always smart to play it safe when dealing with the Greys.[/b]
Here you go, Mitch:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

I did not realize Johnson Valley was so "active". All I remember was some really cheap real estate (Chris & Em? Something to consider). Looks like we've got just under a month to get our "protection" together.

#130499 - 27/01/07 04:15 PM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mitch that's cool. I don't have any mods so I will have to take it easy but still looking forward to it. Just let me know where and what time in Yucca. Thanks
[ThumbsUp]

#130500 - 28/01/07 07:57 PM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Posted by AV Xterra
Quote:
Where's Ed? He can tell you it's stock friendly but you will break 2nd Gen mud flaps. May not actually tear them off like Calico but will break them.
I dont know about Ed......but
Calico didn't break mine off- I still have several inches left on my remaining 3 mud flaps. I hope to make this trip -missed last trip due to driving backwards under the influence of the flu into a 60 foot pine tree planter. Get my X back Monday.
I may just leave my mudflaps on this next trip as a science experiment......... :p

#130501 - 30/01/07 12:28 PM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
. . . It should be mentioned also that AFBDs are a good idea while in Johnson Valley. This area of SoCal has seen a lot of activity dating back to the 40s (George Van Tassel, Giant Rock, The Integratron). I lost the link when my computer mysteriously crashed, but I think Frank may still have it. Anyway, its always smart to play it safe when dealing with the Greys.
I found a link to the Integratron that Mitch mentioned. I've never heard of this before, but it looks like it would be worth a visit. If you go to the link on the page for Visiting and scroll down you'll see that they have "public sound baths" on Sat 2/24 at Noon.

http://www.integratron.com/

An alternative activity for Saturday perhaps? Just a thought.

#130502 - 31/01/07 10:08 PM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
I am hoping to make this one! Haven't seen any of you guys since the Xterra triathlon last year. [Wave]

#130503 - 05/02/07 07:23 PM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
I am hoping to make this one! Haven't seen any of you guys since the Xterra triathlon last year. [Wave]
the differece is you can actually run the race . The rest of us were posing for the cameras

#130504 - 06/02/07 03:16 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

The girlfriend and I will be there for both days.

#130505 - 06/02/07 09:15 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

If Syndicate's coming...I am out... j/k

#130506 - 08/02/07 02:12 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lol. Your buddy gonna be able to make it too?

#130507 - 08/02/07 08:00 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was rolling on the ground when you posted this when I was trying to sell the shocks.

#130508 - 08/02/07 09:56 PM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mitch and I will be joining the run on Sunday morning for Rattlesnake Canyon, as we are going to see the Integratron on Saturday. They are having a public "sound bath" at noon. They claim this to be "the only all-wood acoustically perfect sound chamber in the US". And, its "one of the top 10 places in the Morongo Basin". Since we're going to be so close, it just seems like the thing to do.

I don't want to highjack the Saturday portion of the run, but anyone is welcome to join us if they want.

#130509 - 08/02/07 10:05 PM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank B:
Mitch and I will be joining the run on Sunday morning for Rattlesnake Canyon, as we are going to see the Integratron on Saturday. They are having a public "sound bath" at noon. They claim this to be "the only all-wood acoustically perfect sound chamber in the US". And, its "one of the top 10 places in the Morongo Basin". Since we're going to be so close, it just seems like the thing to do.

I don't want to highjack the Saturday portion of the run, but anyone is welcome to join us if they want.
Yes, its true, I'll be bathing with Frank.

#130510 - 08/02/07 10:11 PM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Mitch and I will be joining the run on Sunday morning for Rattlesnake Canyon, as we are going to see the Integratron on Saturday. They are having a public "sound bath" at noon. They claim this to be "the only all-wood acoustically perfect sound chamber in the US". And, its "one of the top 10 places in the Morongo Basin". Since we're going to be so close, it just seems like the thing to do.

Yes, its true, I'll be bathing with Frank.[/b]
I just got a visual and I have to say..

MY EYES...MY EYES. RODS AND CONES...MY EYES..OH MY GOD, THE HUMANITY..

Sorry, I digress.

#130511 - 09/02/07 06:26 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
... "one of the top 10 places in the Morongo Basin"...
Seriously? There's more than one or two things in the Morongo Basin to see? And they rank them? :rolleyes:

#130512 - 09/02/07 01:47 PM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you guys turning hippie on us?

#130513 - 09/02/07 05:21 PM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ritchey:
Are you guys turning hippie on us?
Well Chris, not that I was ever what one would actually call a "hippie", but my hair has not always been short and grey. Back in the mid to late 70's and early 80's I had fairly long dark hair and a full beard. Experienced more than one fairly thorough border crossing search when I lived in Italy in 1979-80. Got a lot of attention from the Border Patrol every time I drove out of San Diego in the early 80's. Luckily there is not much photographic evidence of those days.

The Integratron and its history seems interesting, besides, anything to take our minds off that photo that Syndicate posted earlier in this thread.

#130514 - 10/02/07 12:33 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ritchey:
[b]Are you guys turning hippie on us?
Well Chris, not that I was ever what one would actually call a "hippie", but my hair has not always been short and grey. Back in the mid to late 70's and early 80's I had fairly long dark hair and a full beard. Experienced more than one fairly thorough border crossing search when I lived in Italy in 1979-80. Got a lot of attention from the Border Patrol every time I drove out of San Diego in the early 80's. Luckily there is not much photographic evidence of those days.

The Integratron and its history seems interesting, besides, anything to take our minds off that photo that Syndicate posted earlier in this thread.[/b]
Belive it or not I had long hair for about 10 years, and I always got called a hippie,but believe me I'm not even close

#130515 - 10/02/07 03:45 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys never done one of these. I don't know any of you and don't know if to get out at the meet point and introduce or if we are going to stay in our vehicles and wait til we take off.

#130516 - 10/02/07 08:46 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] Welcome to the club. You're right at that point all of us were before our first runs. Get out of the truck, introduce yourself, meet new people, check-out other's trucks, mods, etc. Rattlesnake Canyon last year was my first run with the club and I've met some great people and Mitch. It helps too if you have an FRS radio along so you can communicate with the group while we're moving.

#130517 - 10/02/07 09:10 AM Re: 2/24-25 Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't worry Boats, we'll get you there with little or no damage. Brian, how about a high desert meet at either Camp Rock Rd. or Bessemer Mine Road? Hi Dan.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal